Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alone and Forsaken, a HL2RP story

3 posters

Go down

Alone and Forsaken, a HL2RP story Empty Alone and Forsaken, a HL2RP story

Post by Dub! Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:48 pm

You can find the version that will be updated regularly at Cloud Sixteen.
http://forums.cloudsixteen.com/index.php?topic=6462.0
Fore-warning: Everything in this story (Besides the prologue) was based off of IC events and actions in previous servers. All of this happened, and I only improved upon the story element of all of it after writing this.​

Alone and Forsaken, a HL2RP story JMUCjXol

--- Chapter 1

Lily has no experience with any time prior to the 7-Hour war. She only remembers life in a dark, desolate bomb shelter. This is how she had survived with the combine slaugtering the rest of her race. She lived with her parents in this bunker, which housed three other family's. Only one of the other family's had any children, and they were all too old for her to really enjoy herself with them. Anytime she brought up the ladder to the ceiling, her parents always lashed out at her, telling her, "Don't talk about that." or, "It's nothing, Lily. Stop."​
This intrigued her even more. Completely contradicting what her parents have been saying. Lily always vowed to herself that she would find out what was up their, and what her parents had been clouding herself from. She was a 13 year old girl, her parents had been keeping track of an old calender that had been wasting away with the rest of the items in the bunker. March 4th. The day she had been waiting for. Something about her life had been clutching her grasp from everything. She was bored. She didn't enjoy her life and didn't like her parents holding her from everything.

Lily had no idea what she was about to do, but as they say, curiosity killed the cat.
She waited until everyone was asleep. She took her dark army green backpack that had been default to all inside of the bunker, a few cans of soup and other materials that she needed. Lily left no note to her parents or anything, all she did was walk to the ladder and opened the rusty grate to her new world. She was surpassed by all of the destruction that had lied upon her, she had no idea what was good or evil in the outside world, all she knew was that this was a new world. She closed the bunker grate and stepped into the Combine infested world.

She was on for an adventure.

Lily made her way across the ravaged, but beautiful, landscape without any contact with any other humans or Combine, as she had no idea where she was and what was going on. She came across a huge sewer system with a giant gate laid against a power box and a giant red button. She pressed it, she liked the color red. The gate screeched and screamed as it opened, Lily holding her hands against her ears from the gigantic booming sound that it gave off. "Ouch! Jeez-usss!" she exclaimed. The gate came to a halt half way. Lily shrugged it off and walked into the large darkness infested tunnel. She squeaked for a second, reaching for her backpack, remembering she grabbed a military camouflaged flashlight from the bunker. "Er. Here..." She said to herself, flicking the flash light on. The tunnel was illuminated in all directions she pointed, she grunted slightly with amusement of the light. "Cool." She said quietly, starting in the other direction, sprinting at a steady pace, wanting to leave the dark tunnel as soon as possible.
The tunnel only went on for so far and to her surprise, it ended up at another similar gate like before. Same huge size, same power box and the same giant red button. She pressed the red button in hopes that it would open up. Then came the screeching and screaming of the metal, as the gigantic gate came flying open much faster then the entrance's. She looked outside. It was still bright outside, but this landscape looked very much so different. It was the City 45 Canals. The barren yet lake ridden land was new to her, and so she stepped out from the giant gate and hopped into the water playfully. This was her first time coming in contact with water that wasn't in a bottle or used as a hot warm bath. She giggled very much so childishly and happily, almost blanking out the ravaged world.

Splash. A figure had jumped into the water with her. This figure was a very much so different entity then Lily had ever seen in her life. A metro-cop. Lily jumped back from the water, slipping into it. She looked up towards the figure with dismay. The uniform the metro-cop had been donning was much different from other default C45 metro-cop suits, as it was full jet-black, and had dark, red, piercing eyes. A scary sight for a thirteen year old. The metro-cop was in a firm posture, holding a metal and rugged cross-bow, a melted bolt strung across the weapon. The metro-cop reached out for Lily, but in a calm manner. He grabbed a hold of her hand and pulled her upwards out of the water. Lily started to shake and shudder while looking into the dark metro-cops red glowing eyes, until the figure spoke.

"Well, you're a young one, aren't you?"

--- Chapter 2

The voice emitting from the figure did not have a vo-coded voice, like the rest of the metro-cops. The voice was that of a man, a light voice, it almost sounded quite sweet. Lily had no idea what a normal metro-cop was like, she only feared what this was. "He--H--hi." Lily said, nervously. "Don't fret, young one," said the figure, "I am not going to hurt you." Lily stepped further away from the dark figure, hopping out of the water. She sits down on the cold ground, speaking to the figure.

"You can ta--talk. Alright... wha-- what are you?" The red eyes pondered, looking down at Lily's face. "I am a human, just like you. This is a suit. I am not here to harm you." The figure adjusted its stature to a more firm look, standing chest to the wind.

"Wel--well, if you're a human, what is your name?!" Said Lily, the figure retorting back to her question, saying, "Hunter."

"Hunter... huh. Alright," exclaimed Lily, "Alright... we're getting somewhere." Hunter chuckled towards the small child, taking his cross-bow in one hand, reaching for his belt. His belt had an assortment of items and necessity's strung across it; bolts, two pistols and some tools. He reached for his nine-millimeter, ripping it off forcefully, throwing it to the small child. "What's this?"

"It's a gun. I'm surprised you're still alive without one - with all these fuck nuggets about." Lily looked at the gun, inspecting it quickly. "Whats it do?" Said Lily. "It kills things. Shoot. Dead." Lily placed her hand over her mouth, holding onto the small, grey pistol tightly. "Jeez. Sounds kinda... brutal." Lily's new found companion, Hunter, stares at her for a split second. "It is. It's how you survive. Hey - how do you not know what's going on?"

"I went for a - uh, walk." Said Lily, frightened by Hunters response. Although Lily could not see Hunters face, she knew that at that moment he was dumb-founded by her response. "A walk? Do you really have no idea what this is? Who is taking care of you?"

"No-one is taking care of me. Not anymore..." Said Lily. "Huh," Said Hunter, nodding slightly. "Well. I guess I will keep in touch." Hunter had never been in contact with a small child before, as he had not remembered anything from his prior life. All of that was behind him. This contact with Lily was what was going to keep him sane. He didn't express it towards her directly, but he had already wanted to keep this child safe from the moment he laid eyes on her.

"Actually, follow me." Said Hunter, pointing towards the abandoned housing complex.

--- Chapter 3

The door opened with a large shrieking, almost crying noise. The room was mostly empty, a fireplace, a couch and a rusty bicycle layed waste in the room. Hunter waves Lily in with a burst of joy, closing the shrieking door behind her. Lily turns to Hunter and then back to the fireplace, which was still burning. She runs over to it, dropping down to the floor in a submissive
and vulnerable way. Looking up to Hunter, she states, "Ahhhh. It's so warm! What is this?!"

"It's a fireplace. Cozy, right?" Said Hunter, a smile over-taking him under his mask. "Yes," exclaimed Lily, "It's really cozy! Hehe."

Lily stands up, running over to the couch on the wall, hopping onto it playfully. "You said I could stay here?"

"Yes, this is your home now. I live back in a warehouse not too far from here." Says Hunter, staring happily at Lily, who then retorts back saying, "I didn't expect such a friendly person from someone so frightening looking."

Hunter chuckles under his happy sounding voice, "I get that a lot. When I'm not around the fuck nuggets outside I can be a pretty swell guy--" Hunter stops for a second to cough under his mask, breathing in, talking once more, "Although I don't really talk that much."

Lily nods slowly, showing Hunter that she was listening. "Well," says Hunter "I guess it's time for me to get back ho--home. You stay safe, kid. Oh, lastly, what did you say your name was?"

"Lil--Lily."

"Alright," says Hunter, closing the door slowly, "Stay safe - This is our strong city."

--- Chapter 4

Lily looks over towards the couch, and then back to the floor beside the fireplace. There is a neat blue mat lying adjacent to the fire. Instead of plopping down onto the couch, she places herself firmly on the floor ontop of the mat. She looks into the fire, watching the ash and flames rise behind the glass. She touches the glass, quickly taking her hand away from it. "Fuck! Why did I just do that!" she says, sucking on her burnt finger.

The door quickly rushes open before Lily is able to acquaint with her surroundings. It's Hunter. "Hey, you're going to hear a noise. Don't think anything of it, okay?" says Hunter. Lily quickly responds with a smirk on her face, "Heh, why? Uhm, sure, fine."

Hunter smiles, nodding towards her direction. Hunter speaks with a quick pace, "Alright, good. I'm serious. You stay in here." The door is slammed shut as the footsteps of Hunters boots run fade off into the distance. "Huh," Lily says, "Whatever."

She would look back to the fire once more, smiling as the fire burns the wood down to nothing. She then stands up, walking over to the couch. She grabs the one and only pillow from it, and walks back to the mat. She throws the pillow down onto it, and drops down to her knees, patting the pillow down. She stretches with an audible 'yawn' and lays down, placing one hand on the floor and the other on the pillow, supporting her head. Lily turns herself and stares off into the fire, saying, "Fire is cool, heh."

She closes her eyes and dozes off to sleep, trying to block out the constant yelling coming from the canal outside.

To be continued...
Dub!
Dub!

Back to top Go down

Alone and Forsaken, a HL2RP story Empty Re: Alone and Forsaken, a HL2RP story

Post by Judge Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:32 pm

Epic story.
Nice work.
Judge
Judge
Application Manager

Back to top Go down