Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SUGGESTION] Rebel PK rules should be the same as Rogue's.

+8
Ltsparklez
Sheeplie
cherryapplejack
RawrDinosaur77
Merlin
Golden-Spy
Nugget and Skull
Printer1019
12 posters

Go down

[SUGGESTION] Rebel PK rules should be the same as Rogue's. Empty [SUGGESTION] Rebel PK rules should be the same as Rogue's.

Post by Printer1019 Tue May 06, 2014 5:51 pm

IF THIS IS WRONG SECTION MOVE IT PLEASE
I was noticing in game after I got PKed on my Rogue Character (alpha.04-137) that rebels could get killed but they can respawn,return to base keep items etc. If a rogue, dies however it is a instant PK. Rogue units are like rebels and rebels should have the same PK rules as rogue units. Also ALOT of Cp's agree.

Printer1019

Back to top Go down

[SUGGESTION] Rebel PK rules should be the same as Rogue's. Empty Re: [SUGGESTION] Rebel PK rules should be the same as Rogue's.

Post by Nugget and Skull Tue May 06, 2014 6:06 pm

Resistance characters should be given a short leash, imo. Anyone who acts against the Union has to do so carefully as the slightest slip-up could fucking everything up. Leniency for characters that repeatedly try to kill units or disrupt civil society reflects poorly on overall RP as people will treat their resistance characters with less care than they should. (For instance, the "rebellions" that break out in the plaza? What idiot does that? Scoreboard domination =/= city domination... unless Vortex treats scoreboard population as the full city population, then I retract that example.)
Nugget and Skull
Nugget and Skull
Contributor

Back to top Go down

[SUGGESTION] Rebel PK rules should be the same as Rogue's. Empty Re: [SUGGESTION] Rebel PK rules should be the same as Rogue's.

Post by Golden-Spy Tue May 06, 2014 6:09 pm

I agree.

Golden-Spy
Administration Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden-Spy Tue May 06, 2014 6:10 pm

I would prefer, ANY RP based death is a PK, but I doubt that will happen.

Golden-Spy
Administration Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Nugget and Skull Tue May 06, 2014 6:16 pm

Golden-Spy wrote:I would prefer, ANY RP based death is a PK, but I doubt that will happen.
I can understand units being allowed to respawn as they're technically faceless, but ones that stand out in rank or go rogue are the ones are the ones that are mostly targeted to begin with. To give a blanket (but incredibly non-specific one), any character with any sort of importance will have a greater chance of a PK based on how important they are.
Nugget and Skull
Nugget and Skull
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Printer1019 Tue May 06, 2014 6:18 pm

You can be a RCT and get PKED as a rogue unit, No matter what rank. I feel the same should apply for the rebels, all of them.

Printer1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Nugget and Skull Tue May 06, 2014 6:24 pm

Printer1019 wrote:You can be a RCT and get PKED as a rogue unit, No matter what rank. I feel the same should apply for the rebels, all of them.
Well of course, but my point is more geared towards figureheads in general. CA gets killed? PK. Recently transfered civ gets killed in crossfire? In a grey area.
Nugget and Skull
Nugget and Skull
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden-Spy Thu May 08, 2014 11:44 am

I agree.

Golden-Spy
Administration Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu May 08, 2014 4:25 pm

Agreed.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 4:46 pm

I say it depends on the situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Printer1019 Thu May 08, 2014 5:12 pm

For both or just for rebels?

Printer1019

Back to top Go down

Post by RawrDinosaur77 Thu May 08, 2014 6:16 pm

No, I do not agree with this. Rebel characters take a great deal of time to develop, and the loss can be quite great to those who take the time to develop these characters. Those in Aurora are quite different to the randoms that cause riots. My people should not be punished for the actions of others.

RawrDinosaur77

Back to top Go down

Post by cherryapplejack Thu May 08, 2014 6:39 pm

This is just a tad bit off topic, but nonetheless... In most servers, any amputation counts as a PK. I also remember playing on a server where I got executed by the Rebel leader, and it was a PK. The only way you can get a PK in Vortex is if you go rogue, or if you request one. I feel this should change, it needs to.

(If you enable PK for roleplay deaths for MPF, then they would be able to create a new unit with the same rank, but different digits.)

cherryapplejack

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden-Spy Thu May 08, 2014 6:41 pm

(If you enable PK for roleplay deaths for MPF, then they would be able to create a new unit with the same rank, but different digits.)

Fantastic idea. I also agree with the PK system you mention.

Golden-Spy
Administration Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Printer1019 Thu May 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Yeah... Thats not that bad of a idea....

Printer1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeplie Fri May 09, 2014 12:25 am

Hum. I'll consider a possible way to implement this.
Sheeplie
Sheeplie
Vortex Owner

https://vortexroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 7:42 am

I say we have the 3 amputations by combine = Player Kill.

You could edit it through the ViewData to see how many times they've been amped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ltsparklez Fri May 09, 2014 8:59 am

I like kenerd's idea I feel like that's a more fair system.
Ltsparklez
Ltsparklez

Back to top Go down

Post by ㅤㅤ Fri May 09, 2014 5:15 pm

Having to kill someone 3 times will not feel realistic. I say they shall be pk'ed if they know too much about something, that you killed them for. They can't really rp the character anymore if everything that defined them, they aren't allowed to remember.
ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ

Back to top Go down

Post by Goatleash Fri May 09, 2014 5:20 pm

any CP or anti-citizen should get PK so they can't just respawn and go killing again. Citizens and CWU/CMU shouldn't be perma killed since they aren't using their characters to do anything involving RP killing people. If an MPF is killed they should be able to keep their characters but they are reassigned digits.

Goatleash

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wheatly Fri May 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Goatleash. I personally dislike the idea of digit changes. Mostly because that means character development among units is gone.
The_Wheatly
The_Wheatly
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende Fri May 09, 2014 7:36 pm

Kill less people. Make all deaths PK.
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down