Rawrimadinosaur's Operator Application

Post by RawrDinosaur77 on Fri May 16, 2014 8:08 pm

APPLICATION:

Steam Name: RAWRimadinosaur!

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052968757/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:46351514

1. How old are you?
I am 16 years old.

2. How long have you been playing on the server?
Since the server started up, five months.

3. Why do you want to be a staff member?
Lately it’s become clear to me that the staff is in need of assistance. I’ve been enjoying the RP I’ve experienced on the server, and want to give back to it by helping out.

4. What factions are you currently whitelisted for?
Bird and citizen.

5. How well known are you on the server?
I founded the Resistance group Aurora, and am fairly well known on the server.

6. Do other players on the server like you?
Yes, many of the friends I’ve friended on steam have played on Vortex, and I haven’t had any real major OOC problems with anyone.

7. Have you ever been banned?
No.

8. Have you ever been kicked?
No.

9. Have you ever been warned?
No.

10. Why should we choose you as an operator?
I am devoted to the server, and have been very loyal. I do my best to be as active as possible, and make an attempt to log on to the server at least once every day. I also have many ideas to enhance people’s RP experience, as well as to start events.

11. Have you helped anyone on the server yet?
I have provided guidance to people in Aurora, trying to instruct them in Resistance roleplaying. I also do my best to answer questions when they are asked in OOC chat.

12. Have you ever helped someone on the server? Give an example if so.
I couldn’t name a specific example; I do my best to help with little things where ever I can.

13. Why are you more mature than other players?
I’m a very patient person, and am quite capable of maintaining a calm temperament in situations where I may be facing extreme verbal abuse, and/or incensed players.

14. Are any of your characters important?
My characters are important to me. With them I can tell stories and help develop other people’s characters with roleplay as I develop my own. To me, roleplaying is all about telling a story that everyone involved can enjoy.

15. Are you active on the server?
Yes, very active. I do my best to log on when my real life permits, at least once a day usually.

16. Will you be able to be active a lot?
Yes, particularly because school is winding down for me, and will be over early next month.

17. What do you do in this situation:

Two players are arguing in OOC, one is angry because the other stole his ration before he could get a chance to pick it up. You have no clue where the players are at the moment.
In observer, I would locate the players and transport them to an isolated location using the phsy gun. Upon moving them, check to see if a /me was used to pick up the ration, if so, have them RP the situation out over again. If no roleplay was used to steal the ration, confiscate the ration and return it to the player in which it belonged. Then proceed to warn the thief to RP his actions next time, or face a kick.

18. What do you do in this situation:

A citizen is mingepunching a civil protection officer, he isn't listening to what they explain to him in LOOC, and he continues.
Attempt to educate the mingepuncher, define “mingepunch”, tell him about RP, RP combat, and how both work. If need be, I would show him the rules as well, that mingepunching is prohibited. If the behavior continues, it would warrant a kick, and if he returns to continue the behavior, a ban ranging from a brief amount of time to several hours could result.

19. A citizen sneaks up on a unit while they were preoccupied, and hit the unit on the head with some sort of object. The unit is upset because the citizen did not roll. Who is right, and why?
The unit would be, partially, in the wrong with this. Vortex is a play to lose server, but rolling can occur if both parties agree. I would have the situation voided if they both agree to roll, and have them roll to see what happens. However, if the citizen does not wish to roll, then the CP would have to RP according to play to lose rules. If the unit is not happy with this, and attempts to avoid the RP, a kick may result. If this is repeat behavior, or repeated in the future, a ban may result ranging from a brief amount of time to several hours.

20. A group of citizen attacks an overwatch unit with no weapons whatsoever. The overwatch unit overpowers them and amputates all of them on the spot. The citizens are upset that they didn't have a chance to win, or that the overwatch unit didn't play to loose. Who is in the right and why?
According to the lore, overwatch units are quite powerful. OTA are augmented with extremely strong augments in order to wear heavy Kevlar. This armor would be quite difficult for the ordinary citizen to pick up, let alone punch with out breaking a hand. Even a group of citizens, especially while unarmed, would do their best to heed the fearsome reputation OTA have, and FearRP by trying to avoid a combat situation with one. Also, in the event of being in combat with the OTA, the citizens would have to play to lose as well, being quite outmatched by a large heavily augmented super soldier, that is most likely carrying a pulse rifle or SMG.

21. A citizen climbs into the City Administrator's mail cute with the help of another citizen. They're both a bit bored, and feel like messing around. What do you do?
Remove them and give them a warning, should the behavior continue, a kick, and then a ban ranging from a brief amount of time to an hour if the behavior continues upon their return.

22. What can you offer to our community?
A loyal, devoted, and active player/operator, as well as a source of RP ideas to enhance and start roleplay.

23. Do you tend to mess around a lot in LOOC chat? This includes but is not limited to the following:
"XD" "LELELELEL" "LOLVOID" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
No, when I say things in any OOC chat, I usually try and make sure it has a purpose or is appropriate.

24. Do you tend to do crazy things, and then void them right after?
No.

25. Do you get upset if you do not get your way?
No, I don’t mind compromising with people, or if my contributions are not needed at all in that moment, I can live with it.

26. Will you get angry if you do something wrong, and a higher staff member corrects you?
Not at all, I’m open to constructive criticism, especially if it helps me to serve the community better.

27. Why do you like the server? Why is it unique to you?
I love Vortex, there is nothing I want more than to see it succeed. It’s been a very unique experience, and the community here feels more like a tight nit groups of friends and family, then just other people I play video games with. Even with good times, and bad, I’ve been unable to stay away, and just keep roleplaying

Last edited by RawrDinosaur77 on Fri May 16, 2014 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

RawrDinosaur77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rawrimadinosaur's Operator Application

Post by Ltsparklez on Fri May 16, 2014 9:49 pm

Support!

Rawr is a pretty kickass and nice person who is both a great friend and role player. There is literally nothing bad I can say about him!
Ltsparklez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 16, 2014 10:00 pm

(+/-) support.

Sorry, but I just can't judge people based on their applications.
I didn't RP/Talk to you a lot, and I can't make a final decision about + or - supporting you.
I really liked the application, but I can't trust people based off what they say on their applications.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Quinn on Fri May 16, 2014 10:08 pm

I know "supports" don't mean any anything and are IMO a way to post count >_>, specially "Support! - Rawr is a pretty kickass and nice person who is both a great friend and role player. There is literally nothing bad I can say about him!" - doesn't really state why you'd be suitable for an operator group. No offence.

Just reading your app I see little faults:

For 17: Instead of wasting time asking where they are you should go into admin ESP and phys gun them somewhere and sort it out, no reason to drag it out to ooc.

For 18: If they have literally joined the server, made a trollish character description, you should just kick them. By their description you can usually tell what their intentions are. ( so much past experience about that) If not, just phys gun them to a roof and take it from there, ask if they are new, etc, etc.  

For 19: Rolling isn't really roleplaying.. it's just... really... really bad. The rolling chances for an attempt or action is really dumb, the unit would be wrong either way because they wouldn't see it coming so the citizen would be in the correct area. I don't think banning somebody to refuse to roleplay for several hours do anything, that's too extreme. One to four should do.  

For 20: You haven't really explained why the citizens are wrong, you didn't explain OTA are well augmented for combat and a citizen hitting an OTA unit would break their hand due to their augmentations and body armor. Nobody would be able to lift the armor as it'd be too heavy IC, reason why an Overwatch unit is heavily augmented in order to effectively use it.
(No idea why theres a citizen walking around with one on the server though >.>)

Also tone some of the banning down, banning should only be a last resort if they don't listen, clearly don't care or if they're purposely trollish/mingy I'd recommend getting rid of them.
Harley Quinn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RawrDinosaur77 on Fri May 16, 2014 10:43 pm

17. I didn't know I could do that! Thank you for telling me.
18. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt usually, so with people with stranger descriptions and odd names, I could just pull aside and ask them if they're new. Kicking would definitely be the result if their intentions are less than pure.
19. This server has always stated rolling is an option, it's why I included it in the scenario, to say that rolling is always an option if both parties consent. And I think you're right, being kicked should suffice someone's avoiding of RP. A brief ban would result if that person continued to avoid RP in the future.
20. I tried summing all of that in "according to the lore OTA are really tough" never hurts to be specific, so I'll fix it up. Smile (this really helped actually, I realized what I was missing, thanks)
As for the banning, I just added that in to show I won't be soft, I will come down hard on repeated bad behavior. That being said, bans would be saved for repeat offenders and extreme cases. Most of the time, however, warnings and kicks will be used as a means of discipline.

RawrDinosaur77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kookie on Sat May 17, 2014 1:13 pm

+Support.

I'm not gonna go into detail, just that this person is a chill, calm, and nice person.
Kookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 30, 2014 11:11 am

+ Support

Good roleplayer, good attitude, good application.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wheatly on Fri May 30, 2014 5:25 pm

+Support
He is quite the role-player, he is quite kind, and has an over all great application. I also know we can trust him.
The_Wheatly
Operator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Breen on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:57 pm

+Support

One of the very few who I would trust with operator status or even higher. Respectful, intelligent, rational, and a pleasure to roleplay with.

Smashing application.
Breen
Operator

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Gmodcinematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloopface280 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:57 pm

+Support! RAWR is a great RPer and a really nice person! I believe he would be a great Operator!

Bloopface280

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:24 pm

+Support
I trust this guy!
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaladinKOSP on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:19 pm

+SUPPORT

He is a great RPer and a trustworthy guy!

PaladinKOSP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferub on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:19 pm

-Support

You seem to fast to judge, and have non-warranted grudges against some good people.
Ferub

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mendelevius on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:09 pm

+ Support
Mendelevius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RawrDinosaur77 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Ferub wrote:-Support

You seem to fast to judge, and have non-warranted grudges against some good people.

Sorry you think that. I only have grudges against two people I've met on this server, only one of whom is still on the server. (you should be able to guess who that is Smile ) I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but first impressions are always important, and after repeated offenses and other actions that are damaging to the server and its reputation, there's just no point in trying anymore. So I'd say the very few grudges I do hold, are quite warranted. My philosophy is to cut off dead branches before they can infect the rest of the tree. :3

RawrDinosaur77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noahleahy on Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:35 am

+Support
No words needed.

Noahleahy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content