Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duspende's introduction and my role at the moment.

5 posters

Go down

Duspende's introduction and my role at the moment. Empty Duspende's introduction and my role at the moment.

Post by Duspende Mon May 19, 2014 4:00 am

This introduction is long overdue by now.

Let me start off with apologising if I have come across as an asshole, that was never my intention. I have a very crude, very "offensive" sense of humor which I would assume stems directly from the fact that I'm danish, where you can call your girlfriend a slut and she won't mind. If I have offended you or somehow insulted you, I very much apologise for that. If you think you deserve a personal apology, you are welcome to add me on steam, throw me a PM or inquire within this thread.

I have been playing HL2RP for a very long time by now. A little more than seven years, to be exact. This brings me to my "new" role here. I've been around G-Mod a lot and I have run upwards of 10 communities give or take a few. In the beginning they didn't work out well, but I learn from my mistakes and I am constantly self-evaluating and self-critical of my behaviour and actions, which eventually led me to run successful communities, that either succumbed to DDoS, internal staff issues or simply my own lack of interest and laziness.

The things I've observed over the years when it comes to successful communities is that you need three things; Synergy, Autonomy and Player-relations. Synergy means that the administration team needs to have proper communication in between each other. This is to avoid internal power-struggles and to make sure EVERY aspect of the staff team feels valued and indisposable. Autonomy means that the server and community does not require constant Owner supervision and assistance, and is able to run autonomously without any help from high ranked admins. Player-relations means that players need to know that you owe them, and not the other way around. They need to feel valued and like they have a say.

It is also clear to me that when you take on a staff position, it becomes a duty and you are doing it for completely selfless reasons. As a staff member, it is your duty and responsibility to make sure the community is happy and functional. That means even if you find it ridiculously tedious, boring and maybe sometimes sickening to do your duties, they are still duties and must be done. You must accept that when you become a staff member, you are putting the entire community's entertainment ahead of your own, and if somebody needs help, you will drop everything you're doing to help the player in need (provided it can't wait.)

I also believe that if you want to be a valued player of the community, you also agree that it is partly your responsibility to help shape the community you want to be in the most. This means if you see somebody make a mistake, you confront them and try to figure out if there maybe was a reason or inform them that what they're doing isn't acceptable. Just remember not to be a dick about it. Many people may mess up on occasion and not even realise it, and if you just report it to an admin that player might never learn but instead get punished and feel that it was unfair because they didn't know any better. This is NOT an excuse to neglect common sense, however.

I'm a pretty blunt type. I don't like to sugarcoat things, which too sensitive people may have me come across as a prick, and I'm sorry if that is the case. But I believe admitting fault is the most responsible and respectable thing you can do. I take criticism well as long as it is constructive and applies to me and the situation.

Sheeplie has asked for my assistance in this revamp, and I have provided it. We have together started to re-vamp some/most aspects of the community for the better, in order to provide the three main ingredients required for a proper community. Due to my experience with running servers, communities and psychology I have accepted helping Vortex, because I see a place with great potential that needs a nudge in the right direction.

It's important to remember that VG wasn't "wrong" as it was before, but it wasn't utilizing it's full potential as much as it could have, and that was a damn shame. I'm not here to step on anybodys toes or go around anybodys back, I am here to help and assist Sheeplie in this "quest" for a full-bodied, full-minded and fully respectable and professional roleplaying-/social environment.

It is important that YOU as a member of this community know, that you are the blood pumping through Vortex Gaming's veins, and no matter how smart the brain is, or how powerful the heart is, or how strong the muscles are, it is all absolutely worthless without the blood that is YOU, the player.

In the future if you see me behaving inappropriately or in an unacceptable fashion, I would very much prefer you confront me about it. I am a reasonable, mature person, and I have the utmost respect for people who don't beat around the bushes. If you contact me about issues you have with me, I can assure you we will discuss it in a civilized manner and come to a mutual agreement.

The reason you may not have seen me on the server much, is because I, personally, didn't find it enjoyable at the time. That doesn't mean it was wrong or broken, it just means it didn't fall in my taste.

But I hope with the upcoming changes, together we can make it a place for everybody where although everyone may have different views on what HL2RP is about and how roleplay is done in general, we can come to a mutual middle-ground, where we can all enjoy it together.

The key to keeping everyone on good terms and the community an enjoyable place is mutual respect for one another. Doesn't matter who they are, what they believe in, what their personality is like; Mutual respect is key. Of course if somebody behaves in a manner that doesn't warrant your respect, that is understandable. Not all people are with good intentions and if so do not deserve your respect. Respect is partly earned and partly a given.

On a final note; I am happy to be here and to be helping Vortex, as it is nice to know my years of experience are being put to good use. For the good of everybody here, aswell as those not yet a part of the Vortex but who will soon be. I wish you all the best, and I will see you around.

-Duspende
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Duspende's introduction and my role at the moment. Empty Re: Duspende's introduction and my role at the moment.

Post by Duspende Mon May 19, 2014 4:01 am

P.S; If you can't tell by now, I like to make long posts!
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Duspende's introduction and my role at the moment. Empty Re: Duspende's introduction and my role at the moment.

Post by Nugget and Skull Mon May 19, 2014 9:35 am

Aha! I knew you weren't just a troll! For some reason some of the more active/proactive people I know always wear that facade...

Anyways! I hope you can help with the revamp extensively! I have more free time so I'll be able to work with my guides and if you or Sheeplie want me to add or change something in them, give me a message and I'll take some time on it.
Nugget and Skull
Nugget and Skull
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 5:03 pm

*Sheep walks in this thread*

no, i dont like that idea

PS: This post is way too big for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeplie Sat May 24, 2014 1:28 am

Smile
Sheeplie
Sheeplie
Vortex Owner

https://vortexroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ltsparklez Sat May 24, 2014 2:04 am

Too much English brain is gamburger..
Ltsparklez
Ltsparklez

Back to top Go down

Post by Kookie Sun May 25, 2014 8:50 pm

TL;DR: Duspende is a faggot.
Kookie
Kookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down