View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brown Kookie's OP application.

Post by Kookie on Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:50 pm

APPLICATION:

Steam Name: Brown Kookie.

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012205160

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25969716

1. How old are you? 19.

2. How long have you been playing on the server? About a month and a half.

3. Why do you want to be a staff member? Because I want to help the admins of the server keep the players in check and happy.

4. What factions are you currently whitelisted for?
Vortigaunt, and citizen (Duh.)

5. How well known are you on the server?
Well, I'm not SUPER popular, and I'm not a nobody either.

6. Do other players on the server like you?
Again, I'm not popular, but everyone I've met pretty much likes me.

7. Have you ever been banned?
No.

8. Have you ever been kicked?
No.

9. Have you ever been warned?
No.

10. Why should we choose you as an operator?
Because I can roleplay properly, I have a lot of staff experience, and I want to help the admins of the server do their jobs easier.

11. Have you helped anyone on the server yet?

Yes, I have given tons of advice and tips to new players and old players alike.

12. Have you ever helped someone on the server? Give an example if so.

There was a guy who got on, and he had some issues with the canon and about the MPF ranks. I carefully explained it all to him.

13. Why are you more mature than other players?
Because I play RP to RP, not to screw around.

14. Are any of your characters important?
If this means "will you get butt hurt if any of your characters die?", no. I don't value my characters, if they die, they die.

15. Are you active on the server?
Very, I get on almost every day. I'm most active on weekends, though.

16. Will you be able to be active a lot?

Yep.

17. What do you do in this situation:

Two players are arguing in OOC, one is angry because the other stole his ration before he could get a chance to pick it up. You have no clue where the players are at the moment.

18. What do you do in this situation:

A citizen is mingepunching a civil protection officer, he isn't listening to what they explain to him in LOOC, and he continues.
First, some how neutralize him. This means get him into a position where he cannot minge punch any longer (freeze, phys gun to a diffrent location, etc.). Then, ask why he was doing what he was doing. If he somehow has a valid point, I bring the officer and ask for his side of the story. I take any witness accounts, and then punish whoever's fault it was properly.

19. A citizen sneaks up on a unit while they were preoccupied, and hit the unit on the head with some sort of object. The unit is upset because the citizen did not roll. Who is right, and why?
If the citizen agreed to roll, the citizen is wrong. If the citizen did not, the officer is wrong.

20. A group of citizen attacks an overwatch unit with no weapons whatsoever. The overwatch unit overpowers them and amputates all of them on the spot. The citizens are upset that they didn't have a chance to win, or that the overwatch unit didn't play to loose. Who is in the right and why?
The Citizens are. However, the overwatch unit would most likely prevail in the end, although he still has to RP it. He cannot just shoot everyone because he is augmented, etc.

21. A citizen climbs into the City Administrator's mail cute with the help of another citizen. They're both a bit bored, and feel like messing around. What do you do?
If by messing around they are going to minge, punish them. If by messing around, they are going to actually do some RP, even if it is weird and obnoxious, they can do it. However, the citizen would probably get stuck or die in the mail chute.

22. What can you offer to our community?
I can offer past administrative experience, and a cheerful and friendly attitude.

23. Do you tend to mess around a lot in LOOC chat? This includes but is not limited to the following:
"XD" "LELELELEL" "LOLVOID" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
No.

24. Do you tend to do crazy things, and then void them right after?
No.

25. Do you get upset if you do not get your way?
No. Look at question 14.

26. Will you get angry if you do something wrong, and a higher staff member corrects you?
No, I will learn from my mistakes.

27. Why do you like the server? Why is it unique to you?
This server is the most "under control" server I have seen. Most servers are just all out crazy, rebel attacks all the time, OP characters, butt hurt admins and admin drama. This is what RP should be like. We have fun plugins and addons, and great players. Plus, friendly staff THAT ACTUALLY DO THEIR JOBS and an owner that ACTUALLY TRIES TO MAKE THE SERVER BETTER! Most servers do not have these things.
Kookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brown Kookie's OP application.

Post by Kookie on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:15 pm

Feed back welcome (:
Kookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HypocriticalSituation on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:50 pm

On question fourteen, you shouldn't show a lack of care for your characters, because that simply means you may treat them like that, thus possibly forgetting to fearRP for the sake of your character's life due to the feeling. Not saying you are, and I may have just misread it. But, you should cherish your characters and the personality they create. This /is/ roleplay, where you are to create a story and foundation throughout another's eyes. Very Happy Otherwise, I thought the application was well written. Just some answers were a bit small, so I'm in that neutral zone, considering the admins are sensitive about the length, or so I've seen on previous applications. Anyways, Goodluck.

HypocriticalSituation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden-Spy on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:57 pm

I agree with Hypo.

Golden-Spy
Administration Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixShay on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:06 pm

-Support
Called me "Fucking Stupid" and also said how he does not even want OP.
He is Ha'karr, I am Tal'Glo.

PhoenixShay

View user profile http://www.phoenixshay.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:11 pm

I give the application [-Support], negative.
The application looks rushed honestly, especially with referrals to other answers within another question.

Evidence shown by Phoenix shows this player is very immature and not fit to be an Operator.

I would also like to point out that the applicant signed up on 2014-03-22.
The current date is 2014-4-11.

According to the application guidelines for Operators, you must have been a member for one full month unless a staff member says otherwise.

Kookie does not fit the requirement.

Kookie also shows much sarcasm in an application meant for an extremely important position. Putting "(Duh)" next to your whitelists just because you have a default whitelist is very unprofessional.

On this note, saying things like "Butthurt" in what should be an extremely professional application is a very immature thing to put. This kind of speech is fine with friends, but it is not acceptable in a professional setting.
Judge
Application Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFlamingTaco on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 pm

I give -Support
I've never seen Kookie as an amazing RPer, he discriminates a lot, and he just comes off generally rude. I also agree with everything Judge says. I don't think Kookie is very deserving of the position.
TheFlamingTaco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kookie on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:40 am

TheFlamingTaco wrote:I give -Support
I've never seen Kookie as an amazing RPer, he discriminates a lot, and he just comes off generally rude. I also agree with everything Judge says. I don't think Kookie is very deserving of the position.

Okay, yeah, whatever. But I'd like to know where I discriminate. Please define "discriminate". Racially? What do you mean?
Kookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wheatly on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:36 am

I'm not going to give positive or negative support.
Kookie, I think that you may be able to clear up all these negative replies if you fixed your attitude, and possibly cared about such a high position.
The_Wheatly
Operator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferub on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:20 pm

-Support

You provoke people, annoy people, break rules and are a general rude person to a lot of people. You are not mature enough, nor capable to handle op in my position.
Ferub

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mendelevius on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:08 pm

Ferub wrote:-Support

You provoke people, annoy people, break rules and are a general rude person to a lot of people. You are not mature enough, nor capable to handle op in my position.

As this post states, and I agree.

-Support.
Mendelevius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noahleahy on Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:29 pm

I give -Support because Kookie gets angry at very small things and comes out very rude, I like this community cause the admins are friendly and they actually feel like they are people to help and fix situations. In my old HL2RP server the admins felt like bots on a website. They never felt like your friends or anything, they were also always in a bad mood which I wouldn't want for this community. The admins in this server are nice and helpful but with people like Kookie who usually get easily angered at everyone and is generally rude in a sense, would not be a good admin if he continued that. His reply to me saying "You have made grudges for everything" he said back "
You always find a way to get shit on me with everything.
Fuck off. Are you joining the band wagon?" and this was the first time I made a remark about his behavior. So my verdict is that Kookie would have made a good admin if he wasn't in a bad mood all the time, if he was a little less negative, if he didn't over react all the time, and if he didn't piss off the populace of this community.

Noahleahy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble Poptart on Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:45 pm

If kookie had a more understanding or kind approach to most problems he would have my +support right away. He is a very experienced RPer.
Noble Poptart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by G H 0 S T. on Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Ferub wrote:-Support

I Agree with this statment
G H 0 S T.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraak on Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:11 pm

No Positive or Negative support here. Oh, also, question 17 is blank.
Miraak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bomber152 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:12 pm

The_Wheatly wrote:I'm not going to give positive or negative support.
Kookie, I think that you may be able to clear up all these negative replies if you fixed your attitude, and possibly cared about such a high position.

This I can agree with.

Act your age, "think before you act , think before you react", and don't give people a reason to hate you so much.

Maybe then you will get the position.
Bomber152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ConnorKenway56 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Just popping by, even though I left VG. I do have something to say. I believe Kookie deserves the rank of Operator. Here are my reasons why. My first reason is Kookie knows how to handle things in the right way. Also, seeing as most people in the community are from the age of 12-19, Kookie fit's the more suitable age limit in my mind. My second reason is that he knows logic which I respect in people. Finally for my third and last reason, Kookie sometimes jokes around, but he doesn't do it all the time. And so to conclude, I give Kookie my +Support don't let these people give you bad confidence. Thank you, and hopefully you get the rank of Operator.
ConnorKenway56

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum