23 people and I couldn't find one.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

23 people and I couldn't find one.

Post by Rune on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:23 pm

So yesterday night I was on the server, and I was ecstatic to look at the scoreboard and see roughly 23 people online. So I figured I would go make some friends in the streets, strike up a conversation in the grotto and just do some PassiveRP.

The only thing I could find in the streets were tumbleweeds and silence.

23 people were online and I couldn't find a single one. Finally after 5 minutes of searching I ran into a unit, whom I asked about the emptiness. The unit told me in LOOC that everyone was either webulling or hiding in the sewers.

I think that is a major problem. Are there too many people doing too many things on the server, or is everyone doing what is needed to make RP flow.

My personal opinion is that something needs to change, and people should focus more on the slow paced and relaxed citizen RP of days long passed. I miss the days when serves would have less locked doors and more open stores, with citizens milling about striking up conversation and talking about things they had seen or heard on the server.
Rune

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 23 people and I couldn't find one.

Post by Duspende on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Save your breath. I've been preaching this kind of stuff since I got here.

And here you are. With this thread.

GG, VG.
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:54 pm

Duspende wrote:Save your breath. I've been preaching this kind of stuff since I got here.

And here you are. With this thread.

GG, VG.

I'm sorry man, I wish we could do something about it :\
Rune

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeplie on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:12 pm

No, this is not the usual VG. :p

I will try to look into this, and find out where they're all going.

Agreed, a populated HL2RP is the only HL2RP.
Sheeplie
Vortex Owner

View user profile http://vortexroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:35 pm

Thanks mate, I really appreciate it.
Rune

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ㅤㅤ on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:54 pm

Possible fix is a different map, but you know.... Not always.
On City 8 there are none-very little webul areas. So the rebels ACTUALLY have to fit in with normal citizens. Or be really good at hiding a base.
ㅤㅤ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:59 pm

Here is what probably happened. 23 people. 5 metrocops. 2 CWU or Union members. 12 rebels, anti-unions hiding in the slums, secret bases, or in the construction site. 3 citizens roaming, never bumping into eachother, and one minge, running around exploring the entire map.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Kemerd wrote:Here is what probably happened. 23 people. 5 metrocops. 2 CWU or Union members.  12 rebels, anti-unions hiding in the slums, secret bases, or in the construction site. 3 citizens roaming, never bumping into eachother, and one minge, running around exploring the entire map.

Actually it was 4 metrocops, no CWU, 3 citizens roaming, and the rest all webuls or rebels or Anti-Unions.
Rune

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:21 pm

The rebel problem needs to be solved.

Something needs to be done.

Make it near-impossible or hard to be a rebel, crack down on them, random searches, checkpoints with searches, sweeps of rebel bases regularly.

Any sign of a any anti-union activity should be a squad of metrocops sent in, a judgement wavier called if need be it.

No more lolunvoiding rebel bases.

Get shit done, metropolice.

I'm sorry to be an asshole about what I'm saying, but it DOES need to be done.

=====================================================================

I can get back on garrysmod, the development team, and the vortex server on 6/14/14. 11 more days to go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:08 pm

So, what I take from this is;

Duspende, start letting OTA randomly patrol sewers, open Construction Site to the public and have the CCA guard sewer entrances and patrol in there. Maybe even let 02's and above patrol sewers in groups of two. Seal off EVERYTHING and have OTA on the catwalks.

Here we go!
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bourneco on Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:29 pm

Stryder has a good point. Or, perhaps we oculd begin incorporating the Construction Site back into civilized society little by little until all of D6 is ours again. It'd be an interesting bit of RP having CWU clean shit up under the watchful eye of Overwatch troopers. Would actually feel like you were being oppressed.
Bourneco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Duspende, start letting OTA randomly patrol sewers, Only during JW's, or maybe randomly, yes.
open Construction Site to the public No.
and have the CCA guard sewer entrances and patrol in there No patrols in the sewers, however 01's and aboves should sweep the construction sites in groups of 4 or more.
. Maybe even let 02's and above patrol sewers in groups of two. No patrols in the sewers, however 01's and aboves should sweep the construction sites in groups of 4 or more.
Seal off EVERYTHING and have Yes.
OTA on the catwalks. No.

Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble Poptart on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:15 pm

I agree OTA should patrol sewers during JW's but not randomly.
Noble Poptart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Kemerd wrote:Duspende, start letting OTA randomly patrol sewers,  Only during JW's, or maybe randomly, yes.
and have the CCA guard sewer entrances and patrol in there No patrols in the sewers, however 01's and aboves should sweep the construction sites in groups of 4 or more.
. Maybe even let 02's and above patrol sewers in groups of two. No patrols in the sewers, however 01's and aboves should sweep the construction sites in groups of 4 or more.
OTA on the catwalks. No.

Twisted Evil 

My point was; The resi can still camp in their base, but now they're gonna have a hard time leaving and strolling sewers. People are gonna have a hard time getting into and strolling around inside the sewers and Construction Site will no longer be closed land for CCA. That's where everyone is, anyway. Everybody is either in sewers or construction site because there is no CCA there. How do we counter this? By introducing CCA.
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kookie on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:02 pm

BUUUMP
Kookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:18 pm

Why on earth would you bump this so soon!?
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:19 pm

Duspende wrote:
Kemerd wrote:Duspende, start letting OTA randomly patrol sewers,  Only during JW's, or maybe randomly, yes.
OTA on the catwalks. No.

Twisted Evil 

My point was; The resi can still camp in their base, but now they're gonna have a hard time leaving and strolling sewers. People are gonna have a hard time getting into and strolling around inside the sewers and Construction Site will no longer be closed land for CCA. That's where everyone is, anyway. Everybody is either in sewers or construction site because there is no CCA there. How do we counter this? By introducing CCA.

By CCA you mean combine civil authority? That's the same thing as MPF really. On other servers such as LP, RealityRoleplay (it hurts me to mention them, but they have their resi under control), most entrances to the sewers are blocked off, or gassed. (That's LP.) RealityRoleplay, MPF do regular sweeps of the sewers and construction site. They also didn't lolvoid the rebel base. When the combine came knocking, the rebels got the hell out of there. Any sign of them they abandon base (or stay and fight, but most of the time they fight and get PKED). If MPF couldn't handle it, OTA are sent in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Something does need to be done with the construction site. It's so easy to stroll in there, do a little rp, and end up running around on the train tracks. This map is huge and it wouldn;t be losing much to block off some of it to preven the constant webulling or rebelling going on around here. I'm always a fan of actually guarded checkpoints and random sweeps, most the time there are enough units on for that to happen.
Rune

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blargy blargy on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Oh wow it's the same thread. Before duspende came into action I remember all the things we tried implementing in the MPF, just to be shot down.

The question is how many people do we need before it actually starts feeling populated
blargy blargy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum