MoonSloth's Vortiguant Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MoonSloth's Vortiguant Application

Post by MoonSloth on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:21 pm

Steam Name: MoonSloth

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/LoveTheMoon/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:64835093

1. How long have you been on the server? 8-9 Hour's.

2. Do you know how to properly roleplay? Yes.

3. Why do you want to play as a Vortigaunt? Their character development and progression presents a sharp contrast to the dreary doldrums of civilian life, and unlike the cold actions of a civil protection unit, a more warm and tailored experience is able to be brought about. I feel as if experiencing roleplay as a Vortigaunt would prove to be a very interesting and fun role on the server. I would like to experience as much of every side's story as possible!

4. Have you read all of the application guidelines? Yes.

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines? That i cannot "powergame" with my abilities and i need to be familiar with the "/me" command and that i can only use "Vortbeam" as a Master or a higher rank.

6. Do you understand that as an enslaved vortigaunt, if you leave the city your bindings will explode, killing you in the process? Yes.

7. Do you understand that you are not allowed to use the vortibeam tool unless you are a certain rank? And if you use it before that rank you are subject to ban? Yes.

8. What rank are you allowed to use the vortibeam tool at? Master or higher.

9. Do you understand that you will not be able to powergame with your powers, and you will not be able to use them at all until you learn them from an elder or teacher? Yes.

10. Give an example of Vortigaunt passive roleplay using the /me command.

"Biotic"

[me] ***Looks over at the bucket then the rag, moving over there and picking up the rag with his two fingers, looking at the bucket once done.
[unit] ***Watches the biotic carefully, making sure there are no sudden movements.
[me] ***Dips the rag in the bucket slowly, lifting it back up and squeezing all the extra water back in the bucket, looking over at the dirty tables
[unit] ***Glares at the biotic under his mask. "Well... Clean it!"
[me] ***Looks at the suited alien briefly, answering him. "Yesss massterr." He then looks back at the dirty tables, walking over there.
[me] ***Places the rag on the table, moving it up and down in short lengths, making sure he is not just scrubbing the dirt around.
[me] ***Finds that the rag has gone dry, turning over to the bucket and dipping the rag back in, squeezing all the extra water like last time once lifted up.
[me] ***Walks back over to the table and starts to scrub in long motions this time, though repeating in the same area more times than he would in the short length motion.
[me] ***Looks at the table then back to the unit, saying to him "Done."
[unit] ***Walks on over to the table and inspects it. "I guess you did good."

"Free"

/me trudges through the murky sewer waters, searching for supplies.
"Have you found anything yet?", a voice calls.
/me straightens his posture, turning to answer the call.
"In due time.", he responds
/me listens as the water is disturbed by someone unknown to him.
/me prepares his claws, ready to strike.
/me is blinded by a flashlight emerging from the corner nearby.
"Woah, calm down there. I'm on your side."
/me shakes his head in dismay.
/me gathers what little supplies have been found and begins trodding towards camp.
/me lays down his bindle of supplies, presenting his finds to the group.
"Oooh, filters and ammunition. These will do nicely. Good job."
/me bows his head, saying "We are glad we could be of service."

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Val'Rah
Height:5'14

Character Backstory:Val’rah after regaining the freedom, was alone, on the earth, he doesn’t remember what happened and how he was taken to a new home. Val’rah found a good place for life, a small, wooden, abandoned house in middle of the forest. He had a lot of meetings with the wildlife, such as bears, wolfs and deers. He was eating plants and small animals, but Vortigaunt mainly liked to eat mice and rats.

Someday, Val’rah had big problems with his neighbors; humans. The group of two people invaded his home, when Val’rah was on the hunt. In the distance he saw a burning house. Suddenly, Vortigaunt noticed a human in the bushes next to him, he lowered his head, he mumbles something in Vortigese and focused on the collecting energy in its claws. After an one minute, he sent a green bean toward the head of the person. After that, he decided to ran away.

Finally, after several days of walking in the forest, Val’rah had found the holiday home, near a beautiful lake. Next to the home, were a several other homes. The small village looked abandoned. This place was the ideal place to look for the knowledge about humans and their language. He found a book, English language learning.. A Vortigaunt decided to stay in this village.

Val’rah was taking a walk around the lake, but suddenly someone came out of the darkness and stood face to face with him. Val’rah was fearful, a human in front of him was fearful as well. A human began to slowly moving away, saying “Easy, easy… I’m friendly!” while Vortigaunt began to hostile hiss at him. When the man went to the safe distance, Val’rah began to speak “A human should disperse!”, then a human slowly took a bar of chocolate from his pocket and tossed it to him, saying “Here, enjoy! I shall continue my walk.. C’ya!”.

In the new place of living, Val’rah lived peacefully. In the abounded houses, lived a lot of small mammals. So he wasn’t hungry. He had clean water in the lake so he could satisfy his thirst. A few weeks after meeting a strange man, he met him again. A man wore an alice backpack and a camo uniform, he was jogging around the lake. Suddenly,both characters noticed at the same time. A Vortigaunt reacted less aggressively than before. “Greetings human…” he said. A man was expecting how creature could behave so he stood in the distance. “H-Hello! Uhh… I’ve something for you… I’m friendly. You don’t have to be afraid of!” he said while he opened his backpack, then he tossed a piece of raw beef. Man stared at Val’rah, then he began to speak “Uhh.. E-Enjoy.. whoever you’re…”. A Vortigaunt doesn’t know what that means. He approached to the man, and said “We’re grateful, but this one doesn’t need more feed. ”. A strange man smiled to him and said “No problem… I’m Ivan… and.. who’re you?”, “This one doesn’t know how he’s called…” he said, then Val’rah offered him a trip around the small village. When they arrived to the place where Val’rah usually sleeps, a man said “Well… it’s strange… you don’t remember your name? I’ll call you ‘Torch’. What do you think?”. “We think, our new name is excellent!” he said.

After some months, Val’rah became the friends with a man he met beside the lake. They were living near the lake. After the Sever Hours War, they decide to go to the City 17; place near their place of living. Ivan had a friend living there. He contacted with a friend of his who lived in secret; underground and conspiracy activist. He had a secret room in the cellar, connected to the sewers. Man and Val’rah moved to his friend. They had good place to live but they had to live in hiding and in fear of being caught. A small group of friends, lived there peacefully, without big problems.

Someday, when Val’rah was outside his home, civil protection invaded the base of the group. They killed everyone. This place has been blown up. The Vortigaunt went to the industrial sector of the city. There, he began to live alone, in a refugee camp, without friends and help. He has to count only on himself.

Last edited by MoonSloth on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:52 pm; edited 6 times in total

MoonSloth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MoonSloth's Vortiguant Application

Post by TheElderHobo on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:34 pm

+support

Really liked the effort put into it.
TheElderHobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonSloth on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Thank you! Very Happy

MoonSloth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble Poptart on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:56 am

You'll get accepted faster if you add an enslaved vort passive rp example.
Noble Poptart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonSloth on Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:12 am

Noble Poptart wrote:You'll get accepted faster if you add an enslaved vort passive rp example.
Fixed.

MoonSloth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble Poptart on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:55 am

Wow. That's some detailed role-play. I meant both enslaved and free but whatevs. +support
Noble Poptart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kookie on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Good app, a lot of effort put into it.

+SUPPORT.

Good job, bud.
Kookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Streak on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:00 pm

-SUPPORT

I give the application a -Support because just a few minutes ago, I had a run in with you where you said that you were going AFK while your character with the nickname "J". You did not go AFK, you only switched to another character (Riley Black), to approach my character. You asked me "Are you an admin. I need help with something." So I responded with "No, but what do you need help with?" Immediately, you ICly start shouting at me to drop 60 tokens on the ground or you'll kill me. While I was trying to do a /me, you would shout at me "NOW!" and minge punch me without RPing it. I then told you to not minge punch me. You then replied "I'm mugging you RP it" I then responded with "I am trying to /me it, but you are minge punching me."

I then tried to explain to you about how you wouldn't be able to mug me, right in the middle of the plaza, because there would be plenty CP's about, and many citizens to also call a CP over to the situation. You would refuse to take this, and I told you the same thing, three or four times. Eventually you took this as begin true. You would then hit me again and say "Its low-op wanna fight or something?" I would then respond "No, I want to RP properly". You would then shout at me "BUT IT's LOW-POP" I then replied with "So?" You then again minge punched me, and proceeded to call me a "Pussy"

You then ran away from me, I say that I'd get you banned. You came running back, and you were then convinced that because it was lol-pop, you were not doing anything wrong I would then tell you "Just because it is low-pop, does not mean you're allowed to minge punch me. You then reply "I fucking know your already on full health so stop bitching about it" And then say "SORRY THEN Razz". You would then run away from me again, switch back to the character "J" saying "Back". You tried to make it out that you were on the character the whole time, AFK. When I kept on saying to you that you had switched character. You then were to just say "Nope, I have no other characters, go check" And then leave the server.

So, no, I don't believe you are fit for any whitelists when you act like this.
Streak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonSloth on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:08 pm

Streak wrote:-SUPPORT

I give the application a -Support because just a few minutes ago, I had a run in with you where you said that you were going AFK while your character with the nickname "J". You did not go AFK, you only switched to another character (Riley Black), to approach my character. You asked me "Are you an admin. I need help with something." So I responded with "No, but what do you need help with?" Immediately, you ICly start shouting at me to drop 60 tokens on the ground or you'll kill me. While I was trying to do a /me, you would shout at me "NOW!" and minge punch me without RPing it. I then told you to not minge punch me. You then replied "I'm mugging you RP it" I  then responded with "I am trying to /me it, but you are minge punching me."

I then tried to explain to you about how you wouldn't be able to mug me, right in the middle of the plaza, because there would be plenty CP's about, and many citizens to also call a CP over to the situation. You would refuse to take this, and I told you the same thing, three or four times. Eventually you took this as begin true. You would then hit me again and say "Its low-op wanna fight or something?" I would then respond "No, I want to RP properly". You would then shout at me "BUT IT's LOW-POP" I then replied with "So?" You then again minge punched me, and proceeded to call me a "Pussy"

You then ran away from me, I say that I'd get you banned. You came running back, and you were then convinced that because it was lol-pop, you were not doing anything wrong I would then tell you "Just because it is low-pop, does not mean you're allowed to minge punch me. You then reply "I fucking know your already on full health so stop bitching about it" And then say "SORRY THEN Razz". You would then run away from me again, switch back to the character "J" saying "Back". You tried to make it out that you were on the character the whole time, AFK. When I kept on saying to you that you had switched character. You then were to just say "Nope, I have no other characters, go check" And then leave the server.

So, no, I don't believe you are fit for any whitelists when you act like this.
I never tryed mugging you! I never punched you! I dont even have a char named Riley Black! This is not true! Anyways i think you got the wrong person!

MoonSloth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonSloth on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Noble Poptart wrote:Wow. That's some detailed role-play. I meant both enslaved and free but whatevs. +support
Oh ok.

MoonSloth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:17 am

Pending - I need to investigate.
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:43 pm