AUTONOMOUS JUDGEMENT YESTERDAY:

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AUTONOMOUS JUDGEMENT YESTERDAY:

Post by Kookie on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:50 pm

So people started flipping their shit over some lolvoid or something. Then the apparent lolvoider accused of meta. I saw so much bad RP from the OTA and the MPF in that event.

/me kicks the wall out of boredom. He feels it echo, and opens the door.

Wow. I saw a /me VERY similar to that. But as for the rebels, they need to understand that there's a time where you die. And sometimes, you have to accept that. I'm not taking any sides on this, but I'd just like your official reasoning about the topic in the comments, I'm very divided on which side to take. Thank you.
Kookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AUTONOMOUS JUDGEMENT YESTERDAY:

Post by PaladinKOSP on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:52 pm

I was offline when this Autonomous Judgement was going on. So I can't really give any opinions on what happened.

PaladinKOSP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ltsparklez on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:14 pm

I understand that we can lose from time to time, a better way to raid our base would be with no loud siren giving us no time to hid. And for two if you don't void the base after a raid we can't live in it and if we can't live in it we can't have a safe place to rp or hold out stuff. It's sort of like the nexus if we constattly raided it the combine would throw a fit sort of like how the resistance would if the combine keeps raidning us and killing our members.

If you want to stop the resistance catch them when they're outside of the base. We're fine with losing but really, randomly tapping on walls or kicking specific walls to "hear" or secreat room is obvious meta and just makes you look like a minge. You can beat us just going into a room holding all of us then subsiquently killing us would not help the server.
Ltsparklez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Ltsparklez wrote:I understand that we can lose from time to time, a better way to raid our base would be with no loud siren giving us no time to hid. And for two if you don't void the base after a raid we can't live in it and if we can't live in it we can't have a safe place to rp or hold out stuff. It's sort of like the nexus if we constattly raided it the combine would throw a fit sort of like how the resistance would if the combine keeps raidning us and killing our members.

If you want to stop the resistance catch them when they're outside of the base. We're fine with losing but really, randomly tapping on walls or kicking specific walls to "hear" or secreat room is obvious meta and just makes you look like a minge. You can beat us just going into a room holding all of us then subsiquently killing us would not help the server.

1. The resistance do not measure up to the Combine. The resi base isn't their Nexus.
2. You're not supposed to have a "base" where you can RP. You're supposed to be blending in.
3. You should've left when you heard the siren, instead of trying to hide. You don't hide from the Combine, you run from the combine.
4. In what world is it not completely rational to check a secret base for secret compartments?

You all rely so much on rules and OOC help to survive, and it's getting too much.

Be smart. Play it safe. Think for yourself. Do it right.
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ㅤㅤ on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:24 pm

Melvin said it was okay that there was encrypted files in the computer, detailing the base. So... decrypt them, and we are good.
ㅤㅤ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly775 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:23 am

PaladinKOSP wrote:I was offline when this Autonomous Judgement was going on. So I can't really give any opinions on what happened.

As was I.
Sly775

View user profile http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/sly775

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraak on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:05 am

<:STRYDER:> wrote:Melvin said it was okay that there was encrypted files in the computer, detailing the base. So... decrypt them, and we are good.

Someone already did.
Miraak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ㅤㅤ on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:25 am

Already decrypted them? Impossible. As I was the only one with the full files.
ㅤㅤ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:37 am

<:STRYDER:> wrote:Already decrypted them? Impossible. As I was the only one with the full files.

What? I left them for APEX to decrypt, and he decrypted them.
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ㅤㅤ on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:49 am

Who gave them to you? I was the only one who had them, and the first to download them. I only sent half of them to another unit. I stated that I had the files and I deleted them off the server. I was going to give you them anyway, but I don't know how you would have got them.
ㅤㅤ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RawrDinosaur77 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:17 am

Running a Resistance is rough, I've been working to create an efficient Resistance group for a long time, and I finally got it right with Aurora I think. Citizen roleplay was fun at first, but after awhile it lost its charm. I can only roleplay walking around, talking, getting abused by CPs, for so long. It got boring quickly, and just remaking a char to be a civilian again just doesn't appeal to me. The Resistance is needed to give people stuff to do for roleplay. I want to provide interesting roleplay for everyone. If we spend our time hiding and laying low, discretely operating , as everyone claims that's what we should do, people will complain about there being no action. When we actually get around to doing stuff that's a bit more open, people complain to us about it being OP or stupid, or annoying. Get off your high horse and please realize the other Aurora officers and I are running things to the best of our abilities, to try and make interesting roleplay for as many people as we can. With the whole base thing, you're just going to have to throw us a bone. I'm not saying that you can never raid the base, or you can't detain/amputate Rebels if you catch them, but you have to at least give us a chance to keep the RP going if you ask me. Running around as just random civilians, meeting occasionally, does not work from my experience. I tried that, nothing got done. I love this server, I've been here since the beginning, and the members of Aurora and I, have worked *very* hard to create this, and it'd just be unfair to have all of this work dashed in an instant. Aurora is here to stay, it's not just some temporary plot thing for everyone to gang up on constantly. As for the waiver, I for one enjoyed it. I was a little sad no one paid much attention to the dummy camp I made, I thought it looked cool :p I was a little annoyed with the behavior of the OTA and CPs, but that's to be expected as a specific player was leading the charge, that's very anti-Aurora and anti-Melvin, who has been trying to get rid of us for a long time for putting down his crazed character that nearly killed half the Aurora leadership. Don't let yourselves get caught up in someone's crazed meta-vendetta. As for the player I am speaking of, you know who you are, so back off. If you're going to be harassing anyone in game, come after me, I founded the group. Thanks!

RawrDinosaur77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:56 am

RawrDinosaur77 wrote:Running a Resistance is rough, I've been working to create an efficient Resistance group for a long time, and I finally got it right with Aurora I think. Citizen roleplay was fun at first, but after awhile it lost its charm. I can only roleplay walking around, talking, getting abused by CPs, for so long. It got boring quickly, and just remaking a char to be a civilian again just doesn't appeal to me. The Resistance is needed to give people stuff to do for roleplay. I want to provide interesting roleplay for everyone. If we spend our time hiding and laying low, discretely operating , as everyone claims that's what we should do, people will complain about there being no action. When we actually get around to doing stuff that's a bit more open, people complain to us about it being OP or stupid, or annoying. Get off your high horse and please realize the other Aurora officers and I are running things to the best of our abilities, to try and make interesting roleplay for as many people as we can. With the whole base thing, you're just going to have to throw us a bone. I'm not saying that you can never raid the base, or you can't detain/amputate Rebels if you catch them, but you have to at least give us a chance to keep the RP going if you ask me. Running around as just random civilians, meeting occasionally, does not work from my experience. I tried that, nothing got done. I love this server, I've been here since the beginning, and the members of Aurora and I, have worked *very* hard to create this, and it'd just be unfair to have all of this work dashed in an instant. Aurora is here to stay, it's not just some temporary plot thing for everyone to gang up on constantly. As for the waiver, I for one enjoyed it. I was a little sad no one paid much attention to the dummy camp I made, I thought it looked cool :p I was a little annoyed with the behavior of the OTA and CPs, but that's to be expected as a specific player was leading the charge, that's very anti-Aurora and anti-Melvin, who has been trying to get rid of us for a long time for putting down his crazed character that nearly killed half the Aurora leadership. Don't let yourselves get caught up in someone's crazed meta-vendetta. As for the player I am speaking of, you know who you are, so back off. If you're going to be harassing anyone in game, come after me, I founded the group. Thanks!

I'm not Anti-Aurora or Anti-Melvin.

But it was the most retarded thing you could possibly thing of to hide in a secret compartment in your hidden resistance base as we came knocking. That's just ridiculous. The OTA have thermal that can see through walls for gods sake, what the hell did you expect?

If you're not intelligent or smart enough to lead a proper resistance that won't have their ass handed to them on a regular basis for being reckless, inexperienced and just straight out incompetent of being what a resistance is supposed to be, then thats YOUR problem. Not mine. Not the CCA's. Not Sheeplies.

YOUR problem. And frankly, the only reason we didn't come in there, was because I didn't want you all to cry about it.

I disappointed the entire CCA and OTA teams, just so you wouldn't have a long whine about how we "metagamed" checking for hidden areas inside a hidden resistance base.

Fucking use logic, it's not that hard. If you get caught, it means you're just too goddamn stupid to NOT get caught. I don't condone metagame, but everyone is used to spastic CCA that don't really INVESTIGATE shit. The fact is, KING is questioning EVERYBODY, and as it seems, you guys really let anybody in on your secrets. You claim not to, but I'm sorry. I'm having a very hard time imagining the majority of the server being metagamers.

"Being citizens and meeting up occasionally never works."

That's YOUR problem. That means you're not capable of making it work.

I'm sick of all of this. That it is somehow OUR responsibility that your Aurora bullshit isn't fucking itself up the ass.

Get your shit straight, because if it continues the way it is now, Aurora is going to die.

"but we didn't know Sad" isn't an excuse.

Don't hand out food to refugees RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR "SUPER SECRET BASE". I witnessed this IC'ly, and it was retarded. That's how you guys fuck up.

If you want my advice on how to lead a proper resistance, feel free to add me and ask for it.

I'm not going to back-off just because you guys don't like it.

No. I'm not on some "power trip" and no I'm not being a "pretentious prick", I'm being straight up honest. Aurora is careless and playing it too fast-and-lose, and even if you are "doing your best", it's obviously not good enough. Find somebody who is up to the task. You may have founded Aurora, but if the founder of Aurora isn't capable of running it properly, it's not worth shit.

/rant
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RawrDinosaur77 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:57 am

I wasn't referring to you Duspende, I was very happy with how you handled the situation. I figured you'd jump to this conclusion, but I thought you'd pick up on who I was talking about by finishing the paragraph. When I said "lead" I meant leading the group of people that were trying to meta.

RawrDinosaur77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:08 pm

Well when you said "lead" I assumed you meant THE lead. As in me.

But now it's out in the open, anyway.
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RawrDinosaur77 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:18 pm

W/e, I think it's better you said those things, now I know what I *need* to do differently, thanks for that. I can't help but feel angry with you right now, but that's just how I am, I like you more on a regular basis than I do at this moment, so that'll pass, I appreciate it, thank you. I needed to hear this.

RawrDinosaur77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ltsparklez on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:33 pm

This thread is cancerous
Ltsparklez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:48 pm

Ltsparklez wrote:This thread is cancerous

What?
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ltsparklez on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:47 pm

All it is is people argueing.
Ltsparklez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaladinKOSP on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:08 pm

No, not really. When I think of arguing, I think of constant insults thrown at each person because of something stupid.

ATLEAST WE R NOT TALKING LEIK DIS! CAPSLOCK FTW!!1!

PaladinKOSP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Ltsparklez wrote:All it is is people argueing.

What's your point?

This isn't kindergarten. Arguments exist for a reason. They're there for healthy debates. There's no adults here who just go "No. That's final." if it is worthy of a debate.

We're not kids. Arguments is what mature people do, to exchange viewpoints and opinions.

Please don't act like an argument such as this is the act of morons.
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kookie on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:47 pm

Please remember, I'm not taking any sides on this topic. I made this thread so people who were confused or angry about what happened had a place to vent or to explain themselves. And so far, that's what's happened.

Thanks.
Kookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble Poptart on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:54 pm

kookie is so mature, even though his location is "in ur mom". Otherwise, I think this thread is OK, it lets people discuss a serious topic.
Noble Poptart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Trolled on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:17 am

Ltsparklez wrote:I understand that we can lose from time to time, a better way to raid our base would be with no loud siren giving us no time to hid. And for two if you don't void the base after a raid we can't live in it and if we can't live in it we can't have a safe place to rp or hold out stuff. It's sort of like the nexus if we constattly raided it the combine would throw a fit sort of like how the resistance would if the combine keeps raidning us and killing our members.

Aurora isn't required for the server. It's not rule-breaking to push you from your bases and exterminate all of you off. Aurora is only a little over ten people that are not heavily and thoroughly armed.

Just like my older character Locke wasn't canonically required, your group isn't any different. If you die off, big deal! Start over. Be smarter.
Sir Trolled

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum