Darkness14214/Red-Shift MPF APP [Completed] {Ready for review}

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Darkness14214/Red-Shift MPF APP [Completed] {Ready for review}

Post by Darkness14214 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:35 pm

Steam Name: Red-Shift

Steam Profile Link:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138979441/  THIS WILL BE POINTLESS... I have privacy settings. Sorry about that...

Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:89356856

1. How long have you been a part of Vortex Roleplay?

A few days, not long... I am fairly new to HL2RP.

2. What would you generalize to be your total playtime on Vortex?

Sorry to say only about 6 hours...

3. How long have you been roleplaying in general?

I played and watched a friend play for a few months, I finally got gmod so I can play myself!

4. Do you consider yourself to be efficient at roleplaying?

I am not the best out there but I am sure I can do alright.

3. Why do you want to be a part of our Metropolice Force?

Well, I see it as an interesting new perspective, I want to climb the ranks, and perhaps die in the ranks. My goals are not to get to DvL or anything like that, Mainly just the ranks required to get minor grade firearms.

4. Have you read all of the Informative Guidelines?
These are the tips at the top of the application.

Yep, I sure did! Very Happy

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?

I could make this answer very long... But I wont waste anymore of the readers time so I will condense it...
I have learned many of the needed information, such as radio codes, ranks, rules, and regulations. I am glad to see this server has such a massive guide, its sure to keep out the cruddy/shitty players. Very Happy

6. There are a total of ___ informative guidelines.

I counted 9 within the guide, I think they are the things in the <::---::> If I am incorrect I may need clarification.

7. Did you read and study the Metropolice Force Guide?

Yes, I read about all of the requirements and things to know. SUch as detainment/Breaching, and all the others.

8. What does 10-4 mean?

Affirmative.

9. What does 11-22a mean?

Light contraband... ALSO I think these questions are a little pointless, as someone could just have the guide ready to cheat. Just a heads up...

10. List the weapons you'd be allowed to checkout at the following rank: 03, Second Tier.

- Basic USP Match 9mm Pistol
- MP7 Tactical Sub-Machine Gun
- M67 Advanced Smoke Grenade
- C89 Flash Grenade

Yeah, I copy pasted. But this should be easy to remember.

11. Give an example of a moderate contraband item.

A USP MATCH/9mm Pistol.

12. What is the level of crime for having possession of a moderate contraband item?
What would the punishment be for that level of crime?

Level 3 crime, punished with 3-4 cycles, and 4-6 penalty points.

13. How does the standard breach and clear protocol work?

OH boy this is going to be long...

There is a team leader, Pointman 1 and 2, and breacher. Point man 1, stands on the right side of the door, directly next to it, Pointman 2 stand behind him, Breacher stands on the left side ready to shoot the know/breach with a charge, team leader stands where he can get shot in the face... Just wanted to point out the team leaders position as a flaw. But I will still follow the protocol.

14. What districts/areas are you allowed to enter at all times?

As A RCT none, you must stay in the nexus, unless attached to another unit. Otherwise, you may enter D1-D2, I am unsure about D3, I know construction yard is restricted, the grotto is restricted unless ordered to go there, or have a lead. Shell beach is restricted unless it has been opened. OH yes, sewers are obviously restricted.

15. What districts/areas are you only allowed to enter under certain circumstances? List the circumstances for each area.

I think I may have stated that above...

16. Which districts/areas are you never allowed to enter, period?

Sewers...

17. At what rank are you allowed to leave the nexus?

While alone you may leave the nexus at rank 04, never below.

18. What action do you take in the following situation:
You happen to be in the plaza, and an armed citizen is firing a pulse-rifle everywhere. Citizens are screaming,
a few officers are down, and the situation isn't looking good.

Depending on my rank, I would react differently, same with my characters personality. If he is a coward he will certainly not run out there ready for a firefight, however, if he is said coward he would call for assistance on his radio and report the "Anti-Citizen." Also in this situation a JW would certainly be called in.

19. Explain the ten step process of properly detaining someone. It's on the guide.
Do not copy and paste.

#1: Spot an infraction committed by a citizen, then move to their location.
#2: Order them to face the nearest wall, and if they resist you either call for backup, or use your stunstick. -I would assume most just use their stunsticks.
#3: Tie the citizen, obviously using a /me, and using LOOC to ask if they resist.
#4: Tell them to apply, once they do, if they do. Check their data using /viewdata, also making sure to use proper /me's
#5: IF they are an anti-citizen, call for backup. Otherwise as the guide states, continue to step 6.
#6: Determine their punishment, Specifically you can use the Level 1-5 guide. That would certainly help. Very Happy
#7: If they are to be detained, bring them to a cell, and stay with them for their cycle. Unless there is a court unit active I would assume, since its their job.
#8:Once their cycles are over order them to face the wall...
#9: Knock them out with you stunstick...
#10: Drag them out of the nexus, and set them free. - Guide said it very Different but this is pretty much the same.

20. How does division ranking advancement work?

05-01, OfC-EpU, or skip OfC and EpU and go to T-2 05-01, and so on, until T-4, where it goes, OfC, EpU,CmD, DvL.

21. At which rank are you allowed to authorize Judgement Waivers?

T-2 units and above can do it.

22. Which of the following situations would require a Judgement Waiver? Mark [Yes] or [No] next to each situation.

• A Metropolice Unit or City Administrator is murdered by a rogue unit or anti-citizen: Yes.
• An anti-citizen fires a weapon anywhere within the city: Yes.
• Unarmed Anti-Citizens are sighted or reported: No.
• An uprising, or other form of rebel propaganda takes place: Yes.
• A Metropolice Unit is assaulted WITHOUT a firearm: No.

23. What rank are you allowed to use a pistol at?

BLANK:04-000

24. What happens if you use a pistol before this rank?

You will be punished with blackmarks.

25. Do you understand how to use our Advanced Viewdata?

Affirmative, Watched the Video.

26. What happens if you go rogue and get caught?

Amputation, and whitelist removal. -Kinda overkill depending on why they went rogue.

27. Do you understand not to argue with other players?

Affirmative, although arguments are inevitable, but I will forward them to an admin.

28. What should you do if you find yourself in a disagreement with other players?

Attempt to resolve it without angering the other players, and if that is impossible call an admin useing @<Text>

29. What are your past experiences in the Metropolice Force?

As stated before I have not played MPF, only watched my friend. Unless that counts...

30. Why should we accept your application?

Well, I am not sure why exactly... I would hope my application was constructed well enought to be accepted into this community.

31. Why should we accept your application over other player's applications?

I am not sure... I am just the new guy, so... I am accepted I would be happy... Ehhh... I also have opinions? lol. Very Happy

32. What happens if you do not stay in-character, or try to mess-around and simply void it afterwards?

You look like a complete dumbass, and can get your unit decommissioned/banned/blackmarked. This is also from what I saw in the server today. A char was banned for jumping on peeps heads... LOL.

33. Do you tend to complain a lot?

Depending on the situation, I may complain. Also if someone is rude, I will be upset. I wont just lie so I can get accepted.

34. Do you have any close friends who play on the server, that could recommend you?

I do not...

35. Can you passively roleplay, using detailed actions?

Affirmative.

36. Do you have a basic knowledge and understanding of Half-Life 2 lore?

The Wiki was not bad, I hope it was all correct. I also have played HL1 through Half-Life 2 EP2.

37. How active are you on the server?

Depending on real life and whatnot, it will determinate how active I can be.

38. How well can you follow instructions?

Depending on the clarity of the instruction, I can follow it to the letter.

39. Do you plan on being a loyal player?

This is a strange question, as people clould just lie and say yes, I do plan on playing more if I am accepted though.

- Give an example of your own personal passive roleplaying using the /me command.
Note: Give an example that represents the level of detail you use on average. For example, don't type a paragraph for walking across a floor unless you actually plan to use that amount of detail in game.

While alone- /me Enters her apartment, locking the door behind her.
/me Walks to the window looking out into the street, watching the units walk past.
/me Sighs
/me Turns walking over to the center of the room, then laying on the cold hard floor.
/me Closes her eyes, waiting for unconsciousness to overtake her.

This was basic PASSIVE RP, while I am alone. Human interaction will be similar.

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Julia Ground
Height: 5"4'
Status (Loyalist, Civil Worker's Union, or Citizen?): Loyalist
Loyalist Points [N/A if None]: 34 Loyalist Points.

Mother's Full Name: Mary Ground

Father's Full Name: Jackson Ground

Previous locations of residence before city seventeen: City 33, Industrial district

Character Backstory:

Julia Ground, is a loyalist from the city 33, Industrial. Julia Ground began her journey during the 7 hour war, 18 years before, she had to deal with many issues during the portal storms beforehand but when the combine came panic overwhelmed the civilization many died around her as they resisted, when the Universal Union soldiers came for her, she did not resist them, she complied will the requirements, and thus survived the war. From that point forth she was sent to City 33, industrial to work, and live. Julia Ground found herself earning loyalist points by aiding the local MPF, with minor tasks such as, cleaning, working, and spying. Julia Ground was also highly emotional, and this was deemed a negative trait, but his didn't stop her from aiding their affairs.

Months later Julia Ground was transferred from CIty 33, to City 17, Industrial. Where she then applied for MPF hoping she would be accepted into their ranks. During the next few weeks she would study and prepare to be accepted or denied. She made sure she knew every last radio code by heart, she would practice for hours on end, while working, while eating, before sleep, while showering, while walking. She did her best, but then her story really began, when she was... {MPF GAMEPLAY BEGINS/MPF APPLICATION IS DENIED...

Last edited by Darkness14214 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:22 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Backstory.)

Darkness14214

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkness14214/Red-Shift MPF APP [Completed] {Ready for review}

Post by The_Wheatly on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:52 pm

+Support
I remember teaching you when you got on. I trust that you will be good at this.
The_Wheatly
Operator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble Poptart on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:11 pm

+support Seems like an experienced player.
Noble Poptart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness14214 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Very Happy

Darkness14214

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ltsparklez on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:47 pm

Good work, although the font killed my eyes..
Ltsparklez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Pending - Read through the guides again. You got very few things wrong.
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness14214 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:58 pm

I am a tad confused by what you mean. I got very few wrong? But I need to read them again? :/ I thought I got all of them correct lel.

Darkness14214

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:16 pm

#11, #17 and #6.

Also doesn't feel like you took it very seriously, overall.
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:40 pm

Denied - GODDAMNIT GOLDEN! I COULD'VE BEEN DONE WITH THESE APPS 10 MINUTES AGO!
Duspende

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum