Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fix to the problems with units being promoted too fast.

+3
Sly775
Duspende
Ltsparklez
7 posters

Go down

A fix to the problems with units being promoted too fast. Empty A fix to the problems with units being promoted too fast.

Post by Ltsparklez Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Today there were alot of new RCTs that just became 05's. About three hours later Duspunde(not saying htis is his fault what so ever) decided to promote them to 40's, not knowing that they just became 05's earlier in the day. I believe that the problem with units being promoted too quickly is a result of units not knowing when they were promoted last. Also if they skip a rank for whatever reason it needs to have an explanation why.

A simple fix to this is whenever a unit is promoted the date and name of the officer who promoted the unit will be entered into the units /viewdata. This will show wether or not the unit being promoted deserves one based on time since the lat promotion they recieved.

It would look somthing like this:

Promoted to 05 on 12/08/96 by Officer Fruitcake
Promoted to 04 on 1/12/97 by Officer Whogivesafuck
Promoted to 02 on 3/1/97 by Officer Farthoofer
*Reason to skip rank: brought in 4 resistance leaders in past week and has been awhile since last promo*
Promoted to 01 on 4/16/97 by Officer shepiskil
Ect...

I think this will fix the confusion and solve alot of problems with units achieveing ranks too frequently.
Ltsparklez
Ltsparklez

Back to top Go down

A fix to the problems with units being promoted too fast. Empty Re: A fix to the problems with units being promoted too fast.

Post by Duspende Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:56 pm

This is a good idea, but the thing is; People can not only edit each others data and nobody would be the wiser, but it's not about that. I don't really want to promote based on time spent, I want to promote based on good work and lots of effort. Which is what I can't see.
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

A fix to the problems with units being promoted too fast. Empty Re: A fix to the problems with units being promoted too fast.

Post by Ltsparklez Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Yes you don't need to promote people based on time spent, it's just a way for you to see "Huh this guy has been promoted 5 times in the last 3 days." And I don't know how to fix other people editing the data but a punishment would be whitelist removle
Ltsparklez
Ltsparklez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly775 Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:06 pm

"Officer Shepiskil" /me begins a slow clap that rises into an uprouring applause.
Sly775
Sly775

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/sly775

Back to top Go down

Post by ㅤㅤ Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:33 pm

You have a post on the forums for it. Not in game data.
ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ltsparklez Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:40 pm

<:STRYDER:> wrote:You have a post on the forums for it. Not in game data.
I like that, that is good, and as a result I like you!
Ltsparklez
Ltsparklez

Back to top Go down

Post by ㅤㅤ Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Alright?
ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ltsparklez Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:18 am

<:STRYDER:> wrote:Alright?

Yes
Ltsparklez
Ltsparklez

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:35 pm

I agree with this. Great idea.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaker Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:30 am

Duspende, Don't promote because a unit can powergame 5 resistance leaders, promote if he uses detailed /mes and realistically approaches situations.

Thats just my take on this.

Sneaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:56 am

Sneaker wrote:Duspende, Don't promote because a unit can powergame 5 resistance leaders, promote if he uses detailed /mes and realistically approaches situations.

No.

If somebody brings me 2 resistance members, I promote them. Don't care how they got them.

That's how it works. If you do a good job, you get promoted. Fact is; If you have spent 5 months as the same rank, it's your own fault for not doing something noteworthy to get yourself promoted.
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Duspende wrote:
Sneaker wrote:Duspende, Don't promote because a unit can powergame 5 resistance leaders, promote if he uses detailed /mes and realistically approaches situations.

No.

If somebody brings me 2 resistance members, I promote them. Don't care how they got them.

That's how it works. If you do a good job, you get promoted. Fact is; If you have spent 5 months as the same rank, it's your own fault for not doing something noteworthy to get yourself promoted.

Promoting based on action, will get nobody anywhere. So far, I've seen only a few units get promoted, and one of them got a large promo, for something you set them up for. If it takes a unit being Batman or Jesus to get promoted, I'm sorry but it's not going to happen. All of us will be the same rank until the server dies. We don't even have any units at T4 yet, and if we do, they're either few or admins. Your type of promotion is what most servers use as a supplement; they use a system of both time, experience, and actions to determine a promotion. IC, my unit had been 04 for a few years until he was promoted. 2 months OOC. Within those few years, my unit has been shot, stabbed, nearly gutted by vortigaunts, and had the shit kicked out of him many many times. I think just the collective experiences is enough for a decent promotion, or a few. We don't need raw recruits who get lucky as our commanders.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:33 pm

Not saying you have to slay a Strider with your hands.

But as I said in my massive post, I don't see any of you doing any promo-worthy stuff. But if we had more DvL's or CmD's, then they can report it and force through a promotion for the units.

But you're all so angry when somebody gets promoted. Which means I either have to promote everybody, or nobody. And as it seems, it has to be nobody. Which means nobody will ever make it to DvL. Which means nobody will get promo'd. You see what I'm getting at?

I'm sorry, but I can't be everywhere all the time.
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Post by Ltsparklez Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Shameless bump
Ltsparklez
Ltsparklez

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraak Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:49 pm

But Dus, I do not think you realize, most of the units are promoting are STINGER units, which leaves the rest of us struggling to grab a hold of a promotion, as we are not "Combat active" Squadrons. UNION should be promoted for good patrol, APEX for working hard and doing good research, NOMAD for treating wounds and discovering vaccines, COURT for good judgement on amputations etc., and ALPHA for capturing live specimens and researching them so we can avoid nasty run-ins with them in the future. Or I will let my pet Headcrab loose on KING's face. Also, the one ALPHA that is 04 should be bumped to OfC or EpU so the rest of us can rank up a bit faster for having someone to watch us do our work. Actually, that ALPHA is hardly online, so maybe you should appoint a more active ALPHA unit to OfC or EpU. And same for all the others without an OfC/EpU. Just my thoughts.
Miraak
Miraak

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:17 am

Pet headcrab? That's not something the combine does. They don't have pets.
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraak Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:33 am

I was joking man. I don't actually have a headcrab. Just thought I would throw some humor into the post.
Miraak
Miraak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down