Curiosity killed the cat.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Curiosity killed the cat.

Post by Ca$h Flow on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:13 am

When I was MPF and what I am seeing in the streets whenever MPF units do raids and detainments is citizen's are walking up and peeping their heads into the situation. At first it wasn't really bothersome, but before I got suspended I saw citizens looking into situations. Honestly, this pisses me off IC and OOC'ly. There really isn't anything in the MPF guidelines that explains what do to when that happens, and this shows that players don't know how to FearRP. This needs to stop, it just shows a majority of our players don't know how to FearRP or try to be heroes and try to save the day. Any thoughts?

Ca$h Flow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Curiosity killed the cat.

Post by ㅤㅤ on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:31 pm

You are completely right. These guys come up and stare at the situation and walk off, not even looking to rp. I say we amp 'em on the spot. A joke. But something needs to be done.
ㅤㅤ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraak on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:52 pm

People do not FearRP because they are not used to the fact they have to be afraid of the Combine here, unlike in Half-Life 2. People mainly see it as an optional part of RP. The most Fear I have seen from rebels on my OTA is "/me shakes and fires two perfectly placed shots into the OTA's head." and one time, THIS even happened: So I am about to amp this citizen for running from me from D6 into the cybercafe, right? Then, out of no where, this guy with a 9MM does "/me presses the gun to the OTA's head." Without ANY Fear appearing in that. No "/me slowly presses the gun to the OTA's head, shaking wildly and gulping several times" or anything. Then...*clears throat* Aurora walks in....But that is irrelevant to the point! The problem is rebels and citizens with guns act like total bad-asses all the time. I mean, you would have to be a rebel a damn long time to not show fear the the Combine. This makes OTA's jobs SO MUCH harder because rebels are going ".// BITCH UR DED I SHOT U IN DA HEAD TWO TIMES WITH NO FEARRP!!" (No offense to those players, of course.)
Miraak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AbroadHawk on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:13 pm

So fucking true, and I haven't done MPF RP in awhile.

As a citizen I see it all the time and I try to avoid it as much as possible. A good tip for other civvies looking at this: Show fear (or at least anger and hatred) whenever possible. You're tired and hungry. These officers beat and kill people for better food and living conditions. If you see an officer walking toward you on the sidewalk, take the other side of the road. If a group of them are running at you, try to take cover. Little things like this help, people, but everyone has to do it.
AbroadHawk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum