View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ferub's Operator Application

Post by Ferub on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:41 am

APPLICATION:

Steam Name: [VG] Ferub

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037042043/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:38388157

1. How old are you?

Sheep knows the exact answer, denial to answer this one. I'm dreadfully sorry this is not a proper answer to start off question one. But it is the best one I can give.

2. How long have you been playing on the server?

A undetermined amount of months, but confirmed to be quite a few.

3. Why do you want to be a staff member?

I feel I have a lot to offer to the position, I'm experienced, I know what I'm doing. Much of the community knows me already and most of it likes me. I have been eyeing this position for a while, as Golden, Sheep and many operators know. Some even pushing me to do it. Thank you again to those of you who did. It is also a position I know some of the operators would trust me with and much of the player base is.

4. What factions are you currently whitelisted for?

Currently I am whitelisted for Civil Workers Union, Overwatch Transhuman Arm, Metro Police force, and that is it. I do plan to apply for vortuguant soon, if Elders and Masters begin popping up again. Until then I like to keep my whitelists contained.

5. How well known are you on the server?

Very well known, although not to long ago rumors circulated about me, most of which were eventually proven false. Those that I couldn't I was able to patch up with most people who did not really care for me. One notable example was Kookie, who we absolutely were nasty to one another, now are very calm with each other. Although I still have hopes to patch things up with others.

6. Do other players on the server like you?

Of course, I like to be friendly with the server and make plenty of friends, many who I even play with outside the server.

7. Have you ever been banned?

I have not been banned, ever. Nor even as a simple joke.

8. Have you ever been kicked?

I have not been kicked, ever. Nor even as a simple joke.

9. Have you ever been warned?

Yes, I have been warned by Mendelvilous for talking in LOOC constantly.

10. Why should we choose you as an operator?

Because I already know a large portion of the community (Around 90% give or take?), I also know much of the staff and talk to them on a regular basis, as well as help where I can in my position. Explaining rules, warning staff, or even teaching new players. I also have previous experience as an operator so I would not come in being a newbie.

11. Have you helped anyone on the server yet?

Yes, I've helped remind and explain of rules to many players, encourage to cut the /rad(although we all know that never works.) the LOOC, and get IC. I also enjoy teaching new players, and setting them on the path to learn as they go as well so they continue to get better.

12. Have you ever helped someone on the server? Give an example if so.

A good example would be of when a new player had joined the server, from DarkRP and didn't quite know how to role play. A operator brought us outside the normal role play environment where I showed him examples of proper role play and got him to try. That player I can not recall the name of, but still plays on this server I believe.

13. Why are you more mature than other players?

Because, I do not let emotions or grudges get in the way of a higher duty. even if I absolutely hate a person. (Truth be told I don't hate anyone.) Or they are a best friend. I will be fair and just. I also have patience with people who are new, or don't have knowledge of the rules. One other thing is if I'm wrong, I accept it and move on.

14. Are any of your characters important?

Yes, I had a character named Andrew Shepard who was known by many and still has a story to be told. Sheeps 'drug' project Vaas Santiago. As well as a possible future character.

15. Are you active on the server?

Very active, I'm on most of the time, role playing even if only two people are online.

16. Will you be able to be active a lot?

Of course, if I had this position I would be more active as I would then have a higher duty.

17. What do you do in this situation:

Two players are arguing in OOC, one is angry because the other stole his ration before he could get a chance to pick it up. You have no clue where the players are at the moment.

If the player who picked it up, did not /me it would be classified as a minge grab. I would give the player a warning on first offense and give the ration back to it's original position. If he did /me I would make sure it was an 'attempt' and if it was, allow it.

18. What do you do in this situation:

A citizen is mingepunching a civil protection officer, he isn't listening to what they explain to him in LOOC, and he continues.

Bring him aside, freeze him. Then explain what he is doing wrong, why it's wrong an have him fix it. If he continues to minge punch. Then it is a kick, then a ban if he rejoins and continues.

19. A citizen sneaks up on a unit while they were preoccupied, and hit the unit on the head with some sort of object. The unit is upset because the citizen did not roll. Who is right, and why?

Neither, the citizen should have rolled, or 'attempted' to do the action allowing the unit to respond. Or play to lose. The best path of action would to be a re-attempt at the event with a roll.

20. A group of citizen attacks an overwatch unit with no weapons whatsoever. The overwatch unit overpowers them and amputates all of them on the spot. The citizens are upset that they didn't have a chance to win, or that the overwatch unit didn't play to loose. Who is in the right and why?

This, well I'll admit this is a interesting one. As the citizens would be fear RPing if they are not. But a bunch of little things can take over a big thing. Then again the Overwatch are supposed to be a little bit more on the pre-dominant side. I would honestly have to go with the citizens side, as if there were enough of them. They could potentially take down the Overwatch.

21. A citizen climbs into the City Administrator's mail cute with the help of another citizen. They're both a bit bored, and feel like messing around. What do you do?

If they are just minging around, I would punish them for it. If they were actually role playing. Not my cup of tea but all to them.

22. What can you offer to our community?

A devoted staff member, someone who will be fair, just, and experience. A friendly staff member.

23. Do you tend to mess around a lot in LOOC chat? This includes but is not limited to the following:
"XD" "LELELELEL" "LOLVOID" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I do have my occasional LOLVOID, usually when there are around like five people on, all stuffed in the Nexus screwing around. Most of them actual operators or admins. Other than that, no. Although I do talk quite a bit in LOOC.

24. Do you tend to do crazy things, and then void them right after?

No, as answered above as a LOLVOID.

25. Do you get upset if you do not get your way?

No, I learn from it. If it's something I really wanted to pursue? I respectfully challenge it, but I don't go crazy over it.

26. Will you get angry if you do something wrong, and a higher staff member corrects you?

I would be happy he corrected me. As it means that error would not happen again, and I can move along and do it right next time.

27. Why do you like the server? Why is it unique to you?

It has a strong, friendly community that continues to surprise me every day. It also has such a diverse group of people.

Last edited by Ferub on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ferub

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ferub's Operator Application

Post by RawrDinosaur77 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:44 am

-Support, your last application failed after a great deal of -supports, I still do not think it would be a good idea to give you operator as a result of your reputation and past behavior.

RawrDinosaur77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by G H 0 S T. on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:44 pm

+Support
G H 0 S T.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferub on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:45 pm

RawrDinosaur77 wrote:-Support, your last application failed after a great deal of -supports, I still do not think it would be a good idea to give you operator as a result of your reputation and past behavior.

I called it, Rawr it's saddening to me that it has gotten to the point where before I even made the app I bet with other staff that you would be the first -support and exactly what you would say.

For the record my last application failed after I took it out, because of rumors circulating. Most of which I could disprove there.

I will not count this as a true -support, the reviewer might. But I not fair well that you just generally will say no to anything I do. To you I am insane and a cult leader like you said.
Ferub

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheElderHobo on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:04 pm

+SUPPORT
I think you would make a good operator, you seem to get the gist of what needs to be done. If at all, I believe you should have at least a trial.
TheElderHobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by killer2 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:12 pm

-Niggers--Niggers--Niggers--Niggers--Niggers--Niggers--Niggers--Niggers-.

Last edited by killer2 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
killer2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kookie on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Neutral support.

I've had very mixed experiences with this guy. It's almost as if he's changed since the first time I met him.

If it was an out of five scale, 3/5.

+Support. I thought about it. He's a good guy. 10/10.
Kookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noahleahy on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:25 pm

+Support You are a good friend and a good RPer.

Noahleahy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jedinator on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:49 pm

+support

jedinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferub on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:59 pm

I just want to thank you all for the overwhelming support you are giving me, from many I never even expected it from.
Ferub

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noahleahy on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:00 pm

Ferub wrote:I just want to thank you all for the overwhelming support you are giving me, from many I never even expected it from.
No problem.

Noahleahy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:12 pm

+support

Ferub, i'm actually impressed. Despite all of the things you get thrown at you, you actually made a really well thought out application. I've read it and I can definitely give it a full support without a doubt. I've had some problems with you in the past but really, you've been the same all along and it took a little bit of effort to realize it.
Kenny
Administration Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon on Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:10 pm

+SUPPORT

cuz fuck green

Ferub, I am sure you will make a wonderful addition to the staff.  Smile 

...and what Kenny said. tongue
Anon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden-Spy on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:30 am

In the past you and I got off on the wrong foot, I still think back and laugh about it sometimes, you have grown for the most part from what I once knew. I remember who I would see your messages and sigh. Razz

But now I see them and sigh less, because they are now mainly about things that can actually happen! Now I just sigh because its something I feel lazy about. Like going and looking at a map you want VG to be on, and that we where actually on for quite some time. LOL

I was surprised to see kookie give you support, I say this is a good sign, perhaps you may get the job. We shall see.

Golden-Spy
Administration Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:24 pm

Golden-Spy wrote:In the past you and I got off on the wrong foot, I still think back and laugh about it sometimes, you have grown for the most part from what I once knew. I remember who I would see your messages and sigh. Razz

But now I see them and sigh less, because they are now mainly about things that can actually happen! Now I just sigh because its something I feel lazy about. Like going and looking at a map you want VG to be on, and that we where actually on for quite some time. LOL

I was surprised to see kookie give you support, I say this is a good sign, perhaps you may get the job. We shall see.
>.>
<.<
A.K.A Golden +SUPPORTed you.
Anon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferub on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Anon wrote:
Golden-Spy wrote:In the past you and I got off on the wrong foot, I still think back and laugh about it sometimes, you have grown for the most part from what I once knew. I remember who I would see your messages and sigh. Razz

>.>
<.<
A.K.A Golden +SUPPORTed you.

Golden has to be a cool kid and be cryptic.
Ferub

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by <::Toxic Oktuberfest::> on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:19 pm

I am still not too sure about you. I've held a rather negative view about you for a while which has slowly dimmed, and honestly I want to make up. I'm literally getting sick and tired of it. Until and if we do make up my support will be on the slightly negative side since I do not know how you act now as compared to the past.
<::Toxic Oktuberfest::>
Contributor

View user profile http://kayleediekunstlerin.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum