Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something fun from another server...

2 posters

Go down

What do you think of this?

Something fun from another server... I_vote_lcap33%Something fun from another server... I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
Something fun from another server... I_vote_lcap17%Something fun from another server... I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Something fun from another server... I_vote_lcap17%Something fun from another server... I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Something fun from another server... I_vote_lcap33%Something fun from another server... I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 12

Something fun from another server... Empty Something fun from another server...

Post by Kookie Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:38 pm

Some backstory. I read this on another server's forums, and I thought it was more canon friendly. I can't find the original page/the server got shut down (I think) but I remember most of it.

Welp, here it is.

Metropolice force.

Unlike other servers, no unit would have any military authority over another. This means that you wouldn't salute (there are some exceptions), respect (You WOULD respect, but not the kind of "kiss up to me or be blackmarked" kind of thing a lot of servers do nowadays.), etc. to another unit.

RANKING.

A unit starts at "i5". This means "Intention five". This means that this unit is a new unit and/or he or she hasn't proved him/herself to be given another rank. An intention means the unit's experience. For example, an i5 wouldn't be picked for a serious suspected rebel base raid, while an i1 or i2 would. An i5 would probably get the more boring jobs of the CCA, like train station duty or rations. A unit is ranked up when he or she has proven themselves worthy to High Command or dispatch, both of these will be explained soon, hang on.

DISPATCH.

Dispatch is a character that isn't a physical being, it's much easier if Dispatch is an admin, but it is possible for a normal user to be dispatch. Dispatch monitors units, gives them orders, and helps keep the flow of communication of the CCA in check. For example, dispatch could order: "JURY 5, move to rations for overwatch.". A unit could radio in "Dispatch, request full background check on John Doe." or "Dispatch, request reinforcements, officer in trouble!".

HIGH COMMAND.

High Command is composed of the SeC, CmD, etc. They run the CCA where dispatch can't. For example, they can lead investigations, order manhack raids on sewers, etc. They aren't to go where citizens can legally be. IE; the plaza, apartments, etc. When they are deployed, which is very rare, they are carried out of the Nexus by APC, helicopter, etc. They are usually called out to operations in the outskirts of the city, such as the canals. They're the elites, called in when all else fails.

INTENTIONS/SQUADS.

As stated before, a normal ground unit would have an intention. The higher the intention, the more serious assignments they are given. If there's a sudden crisis or emergency, the highest intention is expected to take action and command units. As for divisions, there are none, although there are squads. A squad is given a code name (GRID, JURY, APEX, etc.) and aren't different in any way. The squads are just a method to keep the CCA organized. For example, the entire JURY squad could be called into do a apartment sweep instead of having to individually pick units to do the task. A squad should be equally balanced in intentions, meaning there should be at least one high ranking unit in a squad. Again, squads do NOT have specializations. Squads will have a type of special unit (Name yet to be determined, probably OfC or EpU) who are the leaders. They aren't technically high command, so they are allowed to leave the Nexus as a normal ground unit.

SAMPLE UNIT NAMES.

C17.MPF.JURY-i4.563
C17.MPF.GRID-i1.324
C17.MPF.SeC.345

EXTRA NOTE:

I'm not saying that we switch to this. I know it's a huge switch. I'm just sharing it, maybe you guy's will like it so much it'll actually be put into place. I have no idea. Please feel free to add your feedback/suggestions in the comments.
Kookie
Kookie

Back to top Go down

Something fun from another server... Empty Re: Something fun from another server...

Post by TheElderHobo Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:54 pm

That's cool tho.
TheElderHobo
TheElderHobo

Back to top Go down