Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomber152's OTA Application

4 posters

Go down

Bomber152's OTA Application Empty Bomber152's OTA Application

Post by Bomber152 Thu May 08, 2014 6:56 pm

Steam Name: Bomber152

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035880528/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37807400

1. How long have you been on the server?

About a month, give or take a few days.

2. Do you know how to properly roleplay?

Yes, I do.

3. Why do you want to be an Overwatch Transhuman Arm?

I would like to become an OTA because I feel like my character, even if I reach HC status, is useless during a dire situation in which an OTA unit is required. I want to be able to assist the Combine's efforts while staying within my limitations.

4. Have you read all of the application guidelines?

Yes, I have.

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?

An OTA unit is cold, and heartless. They must follow commands when given, without any questions. You are basically a hardened military unit for the MPF, and you are still required to abide by standard regulations.

6. What do you do in this situation. A judgement waiver is called, and your fellow Overwatch units are heading to the slums, just like ordered. You, however, happen to still be in the plaza.

I would take out my radio, and ask what my current command input is (If I had not heard it IC'ly). Then I would tell the commanding officer, with my radio, that I am inbound, moving from my current 10-20 D1 to D6 or so.

7. Do you understand that you are mostly mechanical and must follow orders, and cannot make decisions or have passive conversations with other players?

Yes, I am a stone cold killing machine under direct orders from my superiors.

8. Give an example of how to properly speak as an Overwatch Transhuman Arm.

"UNIT IS ONLINE;;"
"10-107M; MY 10-20"
"UNIT IS RETURNING TO STASIS;"

9. What are your Metropolice Force digits?

10. How active are you as a community member in general?

I am on the server at least 5 out of 7 days in a week, either to check on things as my MPF, have some good old fashion citizen RP, or just chat with my friends.

11. Do you plan to be a loyal player, and come back to the server often?

Yes, I do. This server is one of the best Serious RP servers I have found in my entire Garry's Mod career. No joke.

12. Do you plan to flag up often when a Judgement Waiver is in effect?

Yes, of course, unless the player list is way off balance.

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Avery "Junior" Johnson
Height: 6'1"
Status (Loyalist, Civil Worker's Union, or Citizen?): Citizen
Loyalist Points: 3 or more

Mother's Full Name: Claire Johnson

Father's Full Name: Avery Johnson

Previous locations of residence before city seventeen: City 49

Character Backstory: Avery "Junior" Johnson was born in Chicago, Illinois on August 1st, 1986. He lived with his parents until he was fourteen, and then he was forced to relocate with his mother to City 49. At a young age, Avery was forced to support his mother who had contracted the flu. She was on the verge of dying, and the city was in distress from recent rebel attacks. The Combine broke into their apartment, but because of the amount of loyalist points he had gained for picking up garbage, the head officer leading the raid spared the two some medicine. Avery looked into the dark hollow eye sockets of the officer's mask and was instantly motivated to be a part of the MPF. The city fell, and everyone was evacuated to City 17. After his mother died of old age, Avery Johnson has been an honest citizen under the establishment set up in City 17, and is now looking for work so he may repay other loyal citizens for their good deeds, and punish any who defy the law.
Bomber152
Bomber152

Back to top Go down

Bomber152's OTA Application Empty Re: Bomber152's OTA Application

Post by Spodermen Thu May 08, 2014 7:02 pm

+ Support. Good player
Spodermen
Spodermen

Back to top Go down

Post by cherryapplejack Fri May 09, 2014 12:52 am

OTA do not require command inputs, they act on their own. The only ones that command OTA currently in Vortex, is higher ranking OTA (such as an EOWS or SGU), or the Sectorial.

cherryapplejack

Back to top Go down

Post by Bomber152 Fri May 09, 2014 8:50 am

If by commands you mean inputs such as walk, run, and shoot, then you are correct. OTA units do not need to be told basic commands such as these, but I am willing to argue that OTA units do in fact need to be told what to do.

As it states in the guide,
"You do not need to follow orders from any Civil Protection unit other than the Sectorial. Although you can assist commanding units during a Judgement Waiver if they request you, although that is completely optional."

Another note: SGU's are a specialization. It is true that they require a rank up to achieve, but this would be like a Private Second Class telling a Private First Class what to do; sure they have to follow orders, but the gap is not that influential. I have also seen CA's who have called the Judgement Wavier, take control and give the OTA units commands. This is not fully stated in the guide, but I would bet it would fall under the optional choice of listening to a commanding officer. EOWS on the other hand is of course a unit that must be listened to.
Bomber152
Bomber152

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolly Fri May 09, 2014 1:00 pm

ACCEPTED

It seems as so as if you really want the chance to become apart of the OTA. I do see you online often enough to respond preply to a JW also. Either way, good luck being OTA! Contact Sheeplie or Golden to hand the whitelist to you!

Dolly
Application Manager + Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down