Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] The Elder Hobo's MPF Re-App.

2 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] The Elder Hobo's MPF Re-App. Empty [ACCEPTED] The Elder Hobo's MPF Re-App.

Post by TheElderHobo Tue May 20, 2014 5:11 pm

APPLICATION:

Steam Name: The Elder Hobo

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039357659/ (private)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:39545965
(I've not the patience to bold every question.)
1. How long have you been a part of Vortex Roleplay?
Over a month now, nearing two in a few days.

2. What would you generalize to be your total playtime on Vortex?
I'd say over a course of an entire week of playtime overall, I get on almost every single day when possible, but it's rather hard to tell how long. It's safe to underestimate around a week.

3. How long have you been roleplaying in general?
Assuming DarkRP doesn't count, about as long as I've played Vortex Roleplay. It isn't very new to me considering I've played other SeriousRP servers.

4. Do you consider yourself to be efficient at roleplaying?
Of course, I have roleplayed and am very adept at it. I can properly passive and roleplay with action, such as detainment, chatting, and all of that good stuff.

3. Why do you want to be a part of our Metropolice Force?
Before, I wanted to be part of it because I wanted to have a new, unique roleplay. Now I know it's more than that. It's like an entire community on its own, and I love to be part of that community- and I want to give back to that community for all it's done for me. Overall being part of the MPF has made be a quite valiant roleplayer. In return, I give it my service.

4. Have you read all of the Informative Guidelines?
These are the tips at the top of the application.
Mhm, long ago. I still read them to this very day, rain or shine.

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?
All sorts of useful information, ranging from technique and basic roleplay.

6. There are a total of nineteen/twenty informative guidelines. (I've always hated counting lines)
Well, I've pretty much read them multiple times, and I've payed close attention to ones regarding the roleplay ethic for the MPF. It's my heart and soul of MPF roleplay, well, not including the MPF Guide.

7. Did you read and study the Metropolice Force Guide?
Yep, every day when I'm roleplaying. I may sit and read over it if there is no action, or use it for help with radio codes when in some sort of situation.

8. What does 10-4 mean?
It means okay, as a form of acknowledgement.

9. What does 11-22a mean?
11-22a means light contraband, such as non-UU approved beverages, from experience. Maybe a basketball, that's what Shield had said.

10. List the weapons you'd be allowed to checkout at the following rank: 03, Second Tier.
You're allowed to have the USP-M, MP7, Smoke Grenade, and Flash Grenade.

11. Give an example of a moderate contraband item.
A radio would be considered a moderate item, since it can be used to contact 'rebels' and whatnot.

12. What is the level of crime for having possession of a moderate contraband item?
What would the punishment be for that level of crime?
Level three and usually 2-3 cycles in detainment, up to 6 penalty points.

13. How does the standard breach and clear protocol work?
Summarizing here, two units and a breacher stack on a door. Leader initiates the stack, then the breach. When he says breach, the breacher shoots the lock, opening the door. Once the leader gives the all-clear, inject, the units must pile in. The front-most unit must crouch for the unit behind him to support. One takes the left, one takes the right of the building. Must report all-clear if nothing found.

14. What districts/areas are you allowed to enter at all times?
Districts 1-5, according to the guide.

15. What districts/areas are you only allowed to enter under certain circumstances? List the circumstances for each area.
Shell Beach, only if citizens are allowed in there, you may go as well. Grizzly Grotto only if given permission from an HC/responding.

16. Which districts/areas are you never allowed to enter, period?
Six, the construction zone. You will be black-marked if you do so, usually two.

17. At what rank are you allowed to leave the nexus?
05, but only with a partner. Without a partner you could be black-marked. You can patrol alone at 04.

18. What action do you take in the following situation:
You happen to be in the plaza, and an armed citizen is firing a pulse-rifle everywhere. Citizens are screaming,
a few officers are down, and the situation isn't looking good.

First off, call for backup. Give the status of the situation and wait for reinforcements, it'd be suicide to run out guns blazin'. Upon doing so, a HC may activate a JW (Judgement Waiver), and then all citizens must disperse and report (from my experience) to the UCH lobby. Once the JW is activated the OTA may take control of the situation, they're far more experienced than MPF.

19. Explain the ten step process of properly detaining someone. It's on the guide.
Do not copy and paste.
Confront the citizen you need to detain, then command them to face the wall. Once they've faced the wall, tie them and then ask them to apply. Make sure to read their data after they're secure and pose no threat. If they're a BOL/rebel/anti-citizen, whatever it is, get some backup from fellow units. After that, look over what they've done. Add the crime in the citizen's files, and in the description, describe the situation, mark the punishment and follow it with your digits. Make sure to add the correct amount of penalty points. Knock them out, then take them to detainment. You MUST wait in detainment with the citizen, or you could get de-whitelisted or black-marked. When detainment's over, knock them unconscious again and take them out of the Nexus. Make sure to cut their ties.

20. How does division ranking advancement work?
If you mean how to rank? Well, to rank you must prove that you are capable of holding that rank. A DvL won't promote you if you've just attended training, you must prove you've learned and can use that new-found skill on the field. The order of ranks go from RCT (choose your division) 05, 04, 03, 02, 01. Once you've passed 01, you can become a OfC of that tier, then moving on to CmD. If you choose to advance to the next tier, the cycle begins again until you hit the final tier, then you COULD become a DvL. OfC advancement works the same way as the numbers.

21. At which rank are you allowed to authorize Judgement Waivers?
According to the guide, only tier two and above units may authorize when it is necessary.

22. Which of the following situations would require a Judgement Waiver? Mark [Yes] or [No] next to each situation.

• A Metropolice Unit or City Administrator is murdered by a rogue unit or anti-citizen: Yes
• An anti-citizen fires a weapon anywhere within the city: Yes
• Unarmed Anti-Citizens are sighted or reported: No
• An uprising, or other form of rebel propaganda takes place: Yes
• A Metropolice Unit is assaulted WITHOUT a firearm: No

23. What rank are you allowed to use a pistol at?
You're allowed to equip a pistol at 04, the first tier, such as Apex 04.

24. What happens if you use a pistol before this rank?
You will get black-marked along with a potential rant from an admin, claiming you haven't read the guide correctly if you abuse your spawning pistol.

25. Do you understand how to use our Advanced Viewdata?
Yes, you do /viewdata (citizens name/CID number), then proceed. If I wanted to issue a citizen loyalist points, I would insert the reason on the title, then describe the situation in the description. Afterwards, I would sign my digits. To make them loyalist points, I would make sure that it's not assigning penalty points. When I'm done, I must make sure to press the SAVE button before exiting, or else it will just vanish.

26. What happens if you go rogue a third time?
Your third time going rogue, your MPF whitelist will be removed, you may go rogue only twice and at the level of 05-04.

27. Do you understand not to argue with other players?
Yes, if I were to have a OOC situation, I would immediately contact an admin if it gets out of hand.

28. What should you do if you find yourself in a disagreement with other players?
As I've said above, contact an admin immediately.

29. What are your past experiences in the Metropolice Force?
Pretty much a whole one-two weeks of MPF time on this server. This is the first time I've ever been accepted into the MPF, and I've enjoyed it a lot.

30. Why should we accept your application?
You should accept this primarily because I believe I've already proven myself worth of holding this whitelist, and with it I reckon that I should keep it. Why should I keep it? Well, the Metro Police Force requires a great amount of listening, sweat, and tears. It's not an easy job, you must take it VERY seriously, and I believe that overall, I can hold up to the task and seriously push forwards with the class.

31. Why should we accept your application over other player's applications?
There is no reason at all, I'm pretty sure most of the other player's have done just as well. The ones that were green-listed for Phase Three are absurdly valiant, and have a lot of experience in this. They also may take this more seriously than I. But I tell you what, I sure try my best and so far I've done well. If you get to know me, you'd understand I'm a some-what intelligent person, and can handle the burden of the Metro Police Force. I've played almost every single day since I've joined, and there's almost no one that can commit so much as I have. (trying not to sound like an asshole here)

32. What happens if you do not stay in-character, or try to mess-around and simply void it afterwards?
You will be instantaneously removed from the Metro Police Force whitelist, many admins have reinforced this rule.

33. Do you tend to complain a lot?
I seldom complain in OOCly, I sure do ICly though, I mean, we're people too... Until you get brainwashed that is.

34. Do you have any close friends who play on the server, that could recommend you?
Hm, I wouldn't say that any one on the server is my "close" friend, but they treat me as such, and that's what I love about the community. I may not be the best MPF unit in the whole world, but I sure do make it quite the experience.

35. Can you passively roleplay, using detailed actions?
Yes, I certainly can. Examples? I believe you've asked this question later on. Why don't you go take a look for yourself.

36. Do you have a basic knowledge and understanding of Half-Life 2 lore?
Yes, I do. Together with my love of Half-Life 2 and experience on the server, I'd say I'm well educated.

37. How active are you on the server?
I'm on nearly every day, except for the occasional special circumstances.

38. How well can you follow instructions?
As well as I can, I listen and respond accordingly.

39. Do you plan on being a loyal player?
Yes, I have and always will be. As I've stated multiple times, I adore this server.

- Give an example of your own personal passive roleplaying using the /me command.
Note: Give an example that represents the level of detail you use on average. For example, don't type a paragraph for walking across a floor unless you actually plan to use that amount of detail in game.
/me would wipe his visor, clearing up the accumulated fog.
/me taps his stunstick at his side, obviously irritated.
/me slides into the booth, reaching to the side of his face-plate. He undoes the clips and then places it on his tool-belt.

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Mason Bennett
Height: 6'2"
Status (Loyalist, Civil Worker's Union, or Citizen?): (reapplication, but citizen)
Loyalist Points [N/A if None]: N/A

Mother's Full Name: Sarah Bennett

Father's Full Name: Michael Bennett

Previous locations of residence before city seventeen:
City 24

Character Backstory: Mason Bennett was born into a fairly rich family. Mason also had a bland childhood, went to a public school, graduated with an honors, and graduated with an engineering associates at the University of Alabama. Mason then lived with his parents, unable to find a good occupation.

After Mason's mother died of minor leukemia, his father became an alcoholic and thus left Mason alone with the house. Mason could not afford to pay the bills of the house alone, so he asked one of his friends whom lived in an apartment to stay with him. His friend didn't think twice before coming. He and his friend both worked at a Lowe's, and managed to barely pay the treacherous bills.

One day whilst reading the paper, desperate for a job, he found an ad looking for an experienced engineer. Of course, too good to be true, the second he walked through the door for the interview a sack was thrown over his head and was kidnapped. He was tied up in an unknown room for days, when suddenly the Seven Hour War began. Mason didn't know, he was thrown on a boat and nearly starved. The boat was going to Europe.

When the boat docked to a port, as soon as he disembarked the boat was lit up by a gun ship. Mason didn't know what was going on, so he ran. As he was exiting the port, he was shot in the back of the head and nearly killed. Luckily, the bullet was one from a USP Match and lodged into his head before hitting the brain. He went into shock and woke up in what is known to be City 24.

Mason was tested for his skills, and was sent to an industrial sector. Mason was slightly happy, but then after receiving many citizens in similar fashion, Mason was to be sent to City 15, but was mistakenly put on a train with some citizens onto City 17 to balance out the populations between cities.

Last edited by Sheeplie on Wed May 21, 2014 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammatical error)
TheElderHobo
TheElderHobo

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] The Elder Hobo's MPF Re-App. Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] The Elder Hobo's MPF Re-App.

Post by Sheeplie Wed May 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Accepted

Very, very good.
Sheeplie
Sheeplie
Vortex Owner

https://vortexroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down