Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] The Elder Hobo's Vortigaunt Application

4 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] The Elder Hobo's Vortigaunt Application Empty [ACCEPTED] The Elder Hobo's Vortigaunt Application

Post by TheElderHobo Sat May 17, 2014 11:18 pm

Steam Name: The Elder Hobo

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039357659/
(is private)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:39545965

1. How long have you been on the server?
I've played on Vortex Roleplay for over a month now, mainly as the Metro Police Force.

2. Do you know how to properly roleplay?
Of course, but not much experience in the Vortigaunt field. Other than that I am an adept roleplayer and can effectively do so.

3. Why do you want to play as a Vortigaunt?
I've never played as Vortigaunt, and I feel like it'd be a pretty unique experience.

4. Have you read all of the application guidelines?
Yes I have, from the exploding bindings to the frowned upon "Vortibeam".

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?
I learned that if you utilize the "Vortibeam" tool without the proper rank (master+), you will be instantly removed from the whitelist.

6. Do you understand that as an enslaved vortigaunt, if you leave the city your bindings will explode, killing you in the process?
Yes I do, but just a question, what would the city limits be considered? Like restricted areas such as D6?

7. Do you understand that you are not allowed to use the vortibeam tool unless you are a certain rank? And if you use it before that rank you are subject to ban?
Yes, I am familiar with this as stated above, in question five.

8. What rank are you allowed to use the vortibeam tool at?
You can equip the "Vortibeam" at the rank Master+, so Master and Elder only.

9. Do you understand that you will not be able to powergame with your powers, and you will not be able to use them at all until you learn them from an elder or teacher?
Yes, I understand this also from first-hand OOC with Vortigaunts.

10. Give an example of Vortigaunt passive roleplay using the /me command.
/me swiftly digs through the pile of trash, hoping to find anything that he could eat as the unit turns his back.
/me malevolently grabs his push-broom, assertively sweeping away as he furrows his eye-lid.
/me half-heartedly whistles a familiar tune, as he marches along with his slouched back, holding his wooden push-broom as if it were a larger burden.

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Da'Hla
Height: 5'9

Character Backstory: Da'Hla was one of the many Vortigaunts that were unlucky to survive the raid on Earth. He was a follower of The Nihilanth, back on Xen, and followed in his steps. During the infamous Nihilanth's death, Da'Hla immediately fled into hiding along with his many fellow Vortigaunts and the Resistance.

Whilst hiding along with the resistance, Da'Hla was captured by outlaws, those working with neither the Resistance nor the Combine. He was forced into working for the so-called outlaws and worked in a drug lab, where he dumped caustic soda and hydrogen chloride in canisters fueled by gasoline hijacked from the Combine.

One day while making a batch of blue-gold, Da'Hla had worked with the drugs long enough to understand the fatal chemical reactions. Da'Hla turned up the gauge as high as it could go, and poured all the ingredients in at once. A large charring explosion occurred as Da'Hla fled through the balcony of his captor's home, killing most of the outlaws, crippling the rest.

Da'Hla then fled to the industrial sector of City Seventeen, hiding among the slums and the sewers, surviving off generous citizens, and fearing the not-so friendly ones, the ones that would get you enslaved.

(I don't think MPF rank should have anything to do with this application, although it could show that you are skilled in roleplay, it still should not be affiliated with the Vortigaunt application because you just can't judge a book by it's cover. Some people may or may not be better at a different form of roleplay than the other.)

Last edited by Sheeplie on Mon May 19, 2014 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : i'm a perfectionist)
TheElderHobo
TheElderHobo

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] The Elder Hobo's Vortigaunt Application Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] The Elder Hobo's Vortigaunt Application

Post by Anon Sun May 18, 2014 1:40 pm

+SUPPORT

Very nice application in my opinion.
Anon
Anon

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] The Elder Hobo's Vortigaunt Application Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] The Elder Hobo's Vortigaunt Application

Post by Kookie Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 am

+Support.

Good app.
Kookie
Kookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeplie Mon May 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Accepted
Sheeplie
Sheeplie
Vortex Owner

https://vortexroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down