Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] Mr. Awesome's MPF Application

3 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] Mr. Awesome's MPF Application Empty [ACCEPTED] Mr. Awesome's MPF Application

Post by Mr. Awesome Fri May 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Normally I don't use a color for my messages, but since it was kinda hard to find my answers right away when looking over this a few times, I set my responses to it to easily find out what my answers are and if I missed any. Plus red is my favorite color xD.

APPLICATION:

Steam Name: Mr. Awesome or Milne

Steam Profile Link: www.steamcommunity.com/id/milne2

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24244615

1. How long have you been a part of Vortex Roleplay?

I joined the forums on the 7th of May. I believe I first played on the server on the 6th, not sure though, might have been the 5th of May.

2. What would you generalize to be your total playtime on Vortex?

Around 10-20 hours so far I believe.

3. How long have you been roleplaying in general?

Almost Four years. I started roleplaying on Gmod in October 2010.

4. Do you consider yourself to be efficient at roleplaying?

Yeah, I consider myself to be decent at it.

3. Why do you want to be a part of our Metropolice Force?

Because I love Standard Procedures in a faction that are complex and complicated but when used properly they are effective. Plus I'm always a fan of the CP's from Half Life 2. They're my favorite antagonists in any videogame.

4. Have you read all of the Informative Guidelines?
These are the tips at the top of the application.

Yes I have indeed.

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?

To be honest with you, I haven't learned anything new on there besides not saying "Haha." after every citizen death, but that should be a given.

6. There are a total of ___ informative guidelines.

There are a total of 19 informative guidelines.

7. Did you read and study the Metropolice Force Guide?

I did a good lengthy rundown on it, but every other day I take a glance at it in case there's something I missed. And I plan to do so if I am accepted as an MPF and keep the guide open in another tab while ingame just in case I forget.

8. What does 10-4 mean?

What it really means is "OK". It is generally the go-to when someone gives an order and "10-4" can be used to say that you understand it and will do so.

9. What does 11-22a mean?

This means that it is light contraband. Notice the "a" on there meaning light, and if there was a "b", then it'd be heavy contraband.

10. List the weapons you'd be allowed to checkout at the following rank: 03, Second Tier.

Well shown on the guide it is...
- Basic USP Match 9mm Sidearm
- MP7 Tactical Sub-Machine Gun
- M67 Advanced Smoke Grenade
- C89 Flash Grenade

11. Give an example of a moderate contraband item.

An example of a Moderate Contraband Item would probably be like a radio, or a sidearm.

12. What is the level of crime for having possession of a moderate contraband item?
What would the punishment be for that level of crime?

Possessing a moderate contraband item is a Level Three Crime and it is punished with 2-3 cycles in detainment(10-15 minutes).

13. How does the standard breach and clear protocol work?

Well whoever opens the door(Referred as the breacher) usually stands on the side opposite of the entry team, which is usually 2 officers, with a team lead overseeing it all in the center. The team lead calls when to stack(Stack up on the walls), prep(Prepare to breach), and Inject(Breach). Once Breach is called, the door is opened by the breacher, and the first officer runs to the left, and the second goes to the right, and they eventually form up on the center of the room. The Team lead calling can enter as well, but it is optional. The Breacher usually doesn't enter the room at all.

14. What districts/areas are you allowed to enter at all times?

Districts 1 through 5. These, shown on the guide, include the Plaza area, Outer Plaza, Transtation, Backstreets outside of the Plaza(assuming the streets that have the conscript outposts and the movie theatre in those streets). It also includes the other public areas of the city.

15. What districts/areas are you only allowed to enter under certain circumstances? List the circumstances for each area.

District 7, or the Shell Beach area, is only allowed to patrol there if it is open to citizens. As for the Grizzly Grotto, they are only allowed to go in there when responding to a call that is reported something is going on inside of it.

16. Which districts/areas are you never allowed to enter, period?

District Six, or known as the Construction Yard.

17. At what rank are you allowed to leave the nexus?

Once the unit passes from a Recruit(RCT) to an 05, that is when he is allowed to leave the nexus.

18. What action do you take in the following situation:
You happen to be in the plaza, and an armed citizen is firing a pulse-rifle everywhere. Citizens are screaming,
a few officers are down, and the situation isn't looking good.

First thing I'd do is take cover. After taking cover I'd attempt to call for backup at my 10-20(which in this case in the Plaza, I think District 1) and wait until they arrive, while taking some cautious shots at the individual. If there is no backup, I'd continue engaging the civilian until they are either disarmed/surrender, or until they are incapacitated(or dead). If they are still alive, I'd make sure I have a few Officers with me in searching him for other weapons, and then have him properly amputated since this could be considered a Level 5 Crime(Since he has murdered a couple officers).

19. Explain the ten step process of properly detaining someone. It's on the guide.
Do not copy and paste.

Well once the officer sees the crime being committed, he heads to the location and orders the individual(s) to face the wall. If they aren't cooperative, you may call in backup or use force(stunstick).

Once they comply, you tie them up(Of course, ask in LOOC or by /it if they'd resist). Then you'd make them apply and check their records based off the information they give you. If the citizen is reported Anti-Citizen, then make sure you have backup to deal with this.

Then, after all that, give them the appropriate punishment based on their crime. If they were to be detained, take them to the detainment block and stay with him/her for the duration of their detainment.

Once time is up, tell them to face the wall and knock then unconscious with your stunstick, and take them out and release them.

20. How does division ranking advancement work?

Well the standard 05-01 rank procedure after RCT is the same, except once you progress past 01, you have a choice to either go in this tier's Officer and progress in that, or go to the next tier. In the next tier you start back at 05 and repeat up until Tier Four. There can only be one OfC and CmD on each tier, and Tier Four has one DvL.

21. At which rank are you allowed to authorize Judgement Waivers?

Any rank within the Tier 2+ divisions.

22. Which of the following situations would require a Judgement Waiver? Mark [Yes] or [No] next to each situation.

• A Metropolice Unit or City Administrator is murdered by a rogue unit or anti-citizen: [Yes]
• An anti-citizen fires a weapon anywhere within the city: [Yes]
• Unarmed Anti-Citizens are sighted or reported: [No]
• An uprising, or other form of rebel propaganda takes place: [Yes]
• A Metropolice Unit is assaulted WITHOUT a firearm: [No]

23. What rank are you allowed to use a pistol at?

As an 04 unit on the First Tier.

24. What happens if you use a pistol before this rank?

I will receive two blackmarks.

25. Do you understand how to use our Advanced Viewdata?

Yep. I have full confidence in my ability to use all parts of the Advanced Viewdata from the tabs, to the variables and records sections to it.

26. What happens if you go rogue and get caught?

My whitelist will be removed.

27. Do you understand not to argue with other players?

Of course, I understand.

28. What should you do if you find yourself in a disagreement with other players?

If we can't settle it in a few sentences, or find a compramise immediately, then I'll ask if they want to talk through steam or PM. Other people shouldn't be bothered to listen to disagreements over LOOC cluttering up their boards if someone is nearby.

29. What are your past experiences in the Metropolice Force?

A couple years ago I was a frequent on one community as a Parasite Control type of CP Branch up the chain till OfC. That's when that one community got shut down around when I was an OfC.

30. Why should we accept your application?

Because I am very honest with you and myself and I know about my capabilities as a roleplayer, and one to understand policies and standard procedures.

31. Why should we accept your application over other player's applications?

To be honest, I don't really like this question. To answer this without trying to 'down' anyone else's application, I think you should pick me because of the reasoning shown in the previous question.

32. What happens if you do not stay in-character, or try to mess-around and simply void it afterwards?

I'll probably get a Player-Kill and my whitelist removed if I do that.

33. Do you tend to complain a lot?

No. I'm a very optimistic person, and there will be not so good moments ICly for my character, it happens to everybody. And if my character dies in a firefight, I know I ain't the greatest shooter in Gmod, I know I have limits.

34. Do you have any close friends who play on the server, that could recommend you?

I have a friend that goes by the name of Loki that I brought into the community that could vouch for my RP capabilities.

35. Can you passively roleplay, using detailed actions?

I think of myself with the ability to do so. The 'standard' of what I usually go for in PassiveRP is shown in the example below.

36. Do you have a basic knowledge and understanding of Half-Life 2 lore?

Yes, I do. And just to be sure, I've been looking around Wikia for it just in case I missed anything(Like conscripts for example, had to read up on what that was).

37. How active are you on the server?

Guaranteed on 2-4 out of the 7 days on the week for around 1-5 hours. It varies though.

38. How well can you follow instructions?

I respect the chain of command, and pay close attention to orders and instructions given. Even if I may initially not like an order or command, they have experience to back their position, and they are giving the order for a reason. That gives me confidence in others abilities to instruct and order myself.

39. Do you plan on being a loyal player?

I believe so. So far I've been having fun in the community so the answer is yeah.

- Give an example of your own personal passive roleplaying using the /me command.
Note: Give an example that represents the level of detail you use on average. For example, don't type a paragraph for walking across a floor unless you actually plan to use that amount of detail in game.

**Lets say there's 2 units, one a APEX unit and another a ALPHA unit at the firing range in the Nexus.**(//I know, firing range, a bit cliche but I think it is a good representative of what I usually do in passive RP at this location.\\)

**ALPHA-04.142 sits down on a bench, glancing at the APEX unit before looking at his sidearm.
**APEX-04.391 steps up to a range, and raising up his Sidearm at head-height.
**ALPHA-04.142 unholsters his own USP Match sidearm, turning it to the side to look at, making sure the safety is on.
**APEX-04.391 aligns his eyes to the rear sights of the weapon, trying to focus on the front sights as well.
**ALPHA-04.142 presses his thumb on the magazine release, the loaded mag falls down on his lap.
**ALPHA-04.142 moves the slide back, a bullet falling out of the ejection port onto the ground.
**APEX-04.391 glances over at the ALPHA unit, before back focusing on the two sights on his weapon pointed at the range.
**ALPHA-04.142 reaches down, picking up the bullet that fell off of his gun, and placing it back in his magazine, and setting the magazine in his holster.
**APEX-04.391 gets a good sight in on one of the targets, taking a deep breath, and pulling the trigger gently after calling out "Range is hot."
**The echo of the sidearm going off emits from the room, the sound echoing a little before settling.
**ALPHA-04.142 pulls out a cloth from his belt, placing it inside of the magazine port under his sidearm.
**ALPHA-04.142 digs around in a circular motion for a moment, then puts the cloth in the ejection-port, doing the same.
**ALPHA-04.142 then, after wiping the ejection-port, starts wrapping it up in a cylinder shape, and starts feeding it through the barrel.
**APEX-04.391 lines up the sights on his target again, and taking a couple more shots at it.
**ALPHA-04.142 reaches one hand in the ejection port, grabbing the cloth inside with two fingers and pulling back and forth from the ejection port, to the barrel, and then removes the cloth from the gun.
**APEX-04.391 fires a couple more shots, before his slide gets stuck in between moving back, he forcefully pulls it back to finish the process, before looking over at the ALPHA unit "<:: Gonna need to use that when you're done."
**ALPHA-04.142 looks up to him, smacking the cloth on the side of himself to get excess dirt out, and tosses it to the APEX unit "<:: Go ahead, wash it off before using it."

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Lyle Daxius
Height: 6'2"
Status (Loyalist, Civil Worker's Union, or Citizen?): Citizen
Loyalist Points: N/A

Mother's Full Name: Mary Daxius

Father's Full Name: Frankfurt Daxius

Previous locations of residence before city seventeen: City 14, City 19

Character Background:

Lyle was a stick to it kind of simple character. He kinda just kept himself in line and did whatever his superiors told him to do, trying to learn from them as a sort of mentoring that he brings upon himself. His mindset was that, when he kisses ass to the one he works for, but doesn't go too far, then he'd get a better lifestyle overtime. This was the same kind of mindset that he kept even though the Combine took over. Though initially he was concerned of his lively hood when it happened, and that he was separated from those he previously knew. He still kept looking for positives in what was happening now. For example, he realized that crime declined heavily, but at the cost of some freedoms. With this shown though, it made him think that taking away some of the freedoms was necessary to ensure peace around here.

He enlisted to be part of the Metropolice Force because of his mindset that was explained above. If he keeps looking at the bright side of all things, and if he cooperates and works well within the Combine, then he will ultimately live his life better than average. He never thought of himself to be a cop before, but he did know how to follow orders. Even though he used to be a factory-worker before the Combine invaded, he still knew chain of society in the work force, and how to respect your peers. He figured working in the CWU was a no-go considering they can be targets to rebellious individuals, so he went for a position of authority.

Wasn't much excitement in his life before the combine invasion, he was just a boring, simple worker citizen of his country. And now, with this new event, he believes that he can finally start anew, show himself as one of the few that can be more than just loyal to the ones keeping order to the world now. He knew of course he couldn't beat them, so join them. Besides, you gotta pick sides in these types of environments, and a Resistance is futile to a multi-dimentional empire.

Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Mr. Awesome's MPF Application Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] Mr. Awesome's MPF Application

Post by Ltsparklez Fri May 23, 2014 5:34 pm

I like it but it seems like some parts have too little information and some have too much. I support it I guess though.
Ltsparklez
Ltsparklez

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Mr. Awesome's MPF Application Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] Mr. Awesome's MPF Application

Post by Mr. Awesome Fri May 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Ltsparklez wrote:I like it but it seems like some parts have too little information and some have too much. I support it I guess though.
Well which ones do you think are too vague? I can take another look at one of the answers if it seems lacking. Don't expect a major overhaul of the answer though because I want to answer honestly on things like this, and sometimes I just need a couple words to express how I understand said policy or question.

Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende Sat May 24, 2014 9:36 am

Accepted An exemplary app! Good work.
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down