Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added

+5
ㅤㅤ
Merlin
Noble Poptart
Sly775
cfitz22
9 posters

Go down

Add text/lighten verdict?

Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added I_vote_lcap21%Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 6 ]
Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added I_vote_lcap38%Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 11 ]
Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added I_vote_lcap17%Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added I_vote_lcap24%Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 29

Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added Empty Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added

Post by cfitz22 Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:14 am

As most of us know, entering District Six gets you amputated. First of all, there is no text saying this is illegal and new players who enter end up getting caught and killed with no warning. Text takes literally two seconds to add and would be no problem if an admin took the two seconds to consider the brilliant idea, however it's apparent that no one has come up with it so I guess I will suggest it. Even though D6 is illegal to be in, it should not be a death sentence. Workers would NEVER be killed off for being in an area like that with an open gate and way in. The CCA consider citizens to be workers. They would never kill them off as easily as that for something so simple that does not offend the Union or CCA, change sociostability, or impede the worker's ability to function in society. I propose text be added warning people that it is illegal to be in D6 and that the offense punishment be lightened. People have characters that can be developed and well thought out and in my opinion, amputation should be the very last option and reserved for citizens who display an obvious sign of rebellion who will never cooperate or show a direct threat to sociostability and the health of city occupants.

cfitz22

Back to top Go down

Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added Empty Re: Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added

Post by cfitz22 Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:40 am

okay im going to just leave this here to simmer im not really sure this is the community for me, but you guys go ahead and discuss

cfitz22

Back to top Go down

Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added Empty Re: Removal of D6 amputation offense/text added

Post by Sly775 Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:11 am

It is openly discussed by most of the playerbase. This isn't All-Is-Fair RP, you are controled in every aspect of your citizen life. It is not the CCA's responcibility NOR the admins to remind you about restricted areas. You wouldn't walk into the CA office and not expect to be killed because there is no sign would you?
Sly775
Sly775

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/sly775

Back to top Go down

Post by cfitz22 Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 am

Sly775 wrote:It is openly discussed by most of the playerbase. This isn't All-Is-Fair RP, you are controled in every aspect of your citizen life. It is not the CCA's responcibility NOR the admins to remind you about restricted areas. You wouldn't walk into the CA office and not expect to be killed because there is no sign would you?

How does that make sense? You didn't even build off my reason for removing the kill verdict. It's not common knowledge that D6 is illegal for new players. No other servers do this except for you guys.

cfitz22

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble Poptart Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:03 pm

I know this guy. I found him alone in the nexus and was told he wandered into D6. I realize your new and everything might not look good at first glance, but give us a chance. Breath in the experience, maybe put in an application. It's a really good server, trust me. And if you leave you're missing out on ALOT.
Noble Poptart
Noble Poptart

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble Poptart Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:03 pm

I agree that D6 should me marked with text, even though it's mostly common knowledge.
Noble Poptart
Noble Poptart

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:40 pm

I think there should be text. Most of my friends that have tried HL2RP have been confused, and left because of the lack of guidance.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by ㅤㅤ Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:31 pm

In my opinion, I hate text. The verdict is fine. As the OTA can't do anything but amp. They should know, maybe let them know with rule popups when they join the server.
ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kookie Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:32 pm

Take this into perspective: Having a loaded 9MM doesn't get you killed. Stepping foot in a construction zone just to have a little adventure gets you shot on sight.

Our justice system is like America's. And yes, I know that the Combine aren't meant to be fair. But they're meant to be able to comprehend logic.
Kookie
Kookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ㅤㅤ Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:33 pm

In my opinion having a gun, should be instant amp. We need stuff changed.
ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ

Back to top Go down

Post by cfitz22 Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:10 pm

imo it seems like the officers just want to kill shit and ignore logic. The Combine are cruel but not stupid, they comprehend the fact that killing their workers (slaves) is necessary in certain situations, but for entering a construction zone that isn't noted as illegal to be in nor blocked off completely? Really guys come on.

cfitz22

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:27 pm

No citizen is a slave. The Combine give no shit about killing citizens or even transforming them into brainwashed, super soldiers. I hate the magic floating text personally and I think the instant kill is enough to tell you not to go in there. Just my opinion however.
Rune
Rune

Back to top Go down

Post by cfitz22 Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:11 pm

To tell who, the PLAYER? That's not the citizen. Also, read the original post please for an explanation on why they're considered workers. The only reason it's considered wrong to call them slaves is because the society is totalitarian, so everyone THINKS they're free, but really they're controlled and forced to work no matter what. You either work in CWU or CCA, or you're just a normal citizen. Eventually those loyal will go to the two factions and the rebels will assert themselves and be killed off. That means it will be pure loyalty to the Union. These loyal workers then do whatever they're asked to do because they're already subjected to a position of power (CCA/CWU). Also the text doesn't really need to be floating, it just has to be on the barricade and say something like "D6 OFF LIMITS". It's not hard -.-

cfitz22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaker Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:07 am

Amputation offense is iffy, i had OTA metagame me the other day.
"SCN has thermal, he can see u throo wall"
"OTA would normally check that closet any time he normally came inside there"
Its just hard to passive roleplay when you have faggots who just do /me shoots.

Sneaker

Back to top Go down

Post by cfitz22 Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Sneaker wrote:Amputation offense is iffy, i had OTA metagame me the other day.
"SCN has thermal, he can see u throo wall"
"OTA would normally check that closet any time he normally came inside there"
Its just hard to passive roleplay when you have faggots who just do /me shoots.

Being honest it just looks like a bunch of people getting a position and wanting more out of it so they just come together and make up some bullshit so they can kill people and have fun like that. Also scanners having thermals would only work through thin walls. Infrared wavelengths have a lower frequency than others so they only penetrate thin mediums like air, water, or a thin wall. They wouldn't be able to see through an entire building and know there's someone in a shipping container.

cfitz22

Back to top Go down

Post by PaladinKOSP Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:35 pm

In my opinion, it's a bit stupid. D6 for me was just another illegal area that the Combine didn't want you to go in. For some time we were just detaining citizens that went in there and treated it as a level three crime. Then SHIELD told me it was instant amputation and I was confused. D6 isn't necessarily part of the Nexus, neither are the sewers and MetroPol. The catwalks and train tracks are fine though, I just don't see the reason why you should be instantly amputated for being in just a restricted area that isn't a part of the Nexus.

PaladinKOSP

Back to top Go down

Post by cfitz22 Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:40 pm

PaladinKOSP wrote:In my opinion, it's a bit stupid. D6 for me was just another illegal area that the Combine didn't want you to go in. For some time we were just detaining citizens that went in there and treated it as a level three crime. Then SHIELD told me it was instant amputation and I was confused. D6 isn't necessarily part of the Nexus, neither are the sewers and MetroPol. The catwalks and train tracks are fine though, I just don't see the reason why you should be instantly amputated for being in just a restricted area that isn't a part of the Nexus.
I concur. There is NO reason to be arresting people in D6. The assumption that rebellious activity occurs there does NOT mean that everyone inside collaborates with them. And if it really was SO bad that they had to shut it down completely, why not just fuckin bomb the entire District? I mean you're going to kill anyone there anyway, why not? If there are enough rebels in a single District that allow you to safely assume anyone who enters is compromised, you don't need to restrict that district, you need fucking blow it up. After all, aren't you just giving the rebels a safe haven away from loyalists who may report them in any other legal districts?

cfitz22

Back to top Go down

Post by cfitz22 Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:13 pm

first and final bump
expecting admins to take action if we get no more votes after the bump

cfitz22

Back to top Go down

Post by cfitz22 Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:41 pm

Final votes have been cast, final result is no verdict change, add text with 9 total votes. Admins please do this.

cfitz22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down