Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] RadioActive Cow's stupendous Vortigaunt Application

2 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] RadioActive Cow's stupendous Vortigaunt Application Empty [ACCEPTED] RadioActive Cow's stupendous Vortigaunt Application

Post by RadioActiveCow Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:15 am

FIRST OFF NOTE: I will point out I have only recently joined the community and have only recently contributed in terms of Forum and Server wise. I wish for you to acknowledge this but not let it get in the way of my Application as I wish to show to you, that I am indeed capable. If not, one of the most capable. Now that, that is out of the way, my application:

OOC SECTION

Steam Name: Shrek is Drek (As of now)

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/radioactivecow/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29724642

1. How long have you been on the server?: Five days. (Six days of now, due to it being 2.29 AM GMT+0 European)

2. Do you know how to properly roleplay?: I have over seven thousand hours in Garry's Mod in total, about 50% of which is serious roleplay. I believe I have more than enough experience to answer this question.

3. Why do you want to play as a Vortigaunt?: I will be honest. This server serves Citizen RP well, enhances it with numerous plugins and aspects but I always lean to Vortigaunts due to their nature, culture, language and unique style. Every server I have played on I created a Vortigaunt on, every server I wish to keep that Vortigaunt, as well as keep up with this new-found tradition. But I am not doing it just because I always end up having a Vortigaunt it is because I feel many people have much to learn, lot's of interesting facts about the race that I wish to tell, not to mention Vortigaunt roleplay is far more exhilarating and entertaining.

4. Have you read all of the application guidelines?: I have read and agreed to the Guidelines of the Format thread.

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?: Many things were pointed out in the Guidelines that included: You must know how to Roleplay, you must be taught abilities by a teacher rank or above, proper grammar and punctuation is required, and most importantly. No abuse of the Faction Whitelist.

6. Do you understand that as an enslaved vortigaunt, if you leave the city your bindings will explode, killing you in the process?: Of course. The bindings contain trackers and signals that relay to the Combine structures. Unless they are taken off the shackles will inevitably PK my character.

7. Do you understand that you are not allowed to use the vortibeam tool unless you are a certain rank? And if you use it before that rank you are subject to ban?: I understand that until I am the rank of 'Master' I cannot utilize the Vortigaunt Beam weapon of concentrated energy.

8. What rank are you allowed to use the Vortibeam tool at?: As a-fore mentioned the rank of Master is required. Though, in canon Vortigaunts at an earlier age were taught the Beam attack due to the assault and desperate attempt of colonization on Black Mesa. Many warriors in their packs were required to be combat ready with their leader.

9. Do you understand that you will not be able to powergame with your powers, and you will not be able to use them at all until you learn them from an elder or teacher?: Powergaming is an important subject. All abilities are attempted since people can always react in the most peculiar of ways. Nevertheless, Roleplay does illicit freedom in actions, the way in which they react is from the tips of their imagination.

10. Give an example of Vortigaunt passive roleplay using the /me command. For this example a crazy Hermit Elder Vortigaunt known as: Ni-Turr (Vortigese for, he who is old, ‘my elder’, old man), he is currently cooking up a Vortikinds favorite prey... Headcrab.

** Ni-Turr twists and turns within the rot ridden filth that is its cloak, accustomed from old burlaps and leather scrap found in the Canals. The Creature raises a lengthy arm to then slowly slide its left iridescent Claw down the scaled back of a toxic Viromic Headcrab, its flesh is pierced but the hunger of bleeding is quickly quenched by the searing heat of the inferno that is the fire placed underneath it, oh so delicately it blisters and boils as the H20 within its body begins to steam. The Creature smirks a toothy grin at the sight before sitting back on some pillows placed conveniently beside the fire as drips of Sewage are heard within the pipes layered upon layered among the walls.

** Ni-Turr grunts recalling past transgressions with Kin, it murmurs: "Kurr allu dey..." Before tilting to the side staring at some Xenian bugs, darting along the walls. All too harmless to worry the Creature continues to murmur: "Shu'ulathoi... Tan jah net!". The Creatures ranting subsides, its mind to rest now.

IN CHARACTER SECTION:

Name: Urr'Lam - Defined: Filling emotion, doorway to consciousness. Elderling: Urr'Lam'Shuu - Filling consciousness through birth. Elder: Urr'Lam Shuu'Seh - Filling consciousness, Birthing value when contained.

Gender: This could be a trick question, or a mistake. - In Half life 2 canon, Vortigaunts do not have a 'Gender'. They simply do not reproduce singularly. Their conscience, personality, memories are contained in the Vortessence or 'Flux'. The Nihilanth helped bridge this allowing them to be 'Reborn' through reincarnation into  fresh body after death essentially giving Vortiaunts nothing to fear over death (Which explains their ferociousness at Black Mesa). After the Nihilanth's death, one can only assume that the Vortikind are a doomed race, learning fear would be their only survival. - But if you canon is different, I will abide and would be classed as a Male.

Height: 5'8, hunched.

Character Backstory:

Urr'Lam, is but a youngling. Recently birthed at the fate of its en-slaver, master, birther, the Nihilanth. A fresh creation means a fresh embodiment within the Vortessence, Urr'Lam has much to learn, much to know, see, do, desire. But his freedom is quickly trodden into the dark pit of betrayal and labor before being put to work at the Antlion Grub farms by its master. Much like all the newer births, they are provided a simple task they must fulfill until their experience is met to a certain degree, of which they will then get given the chance to work higher duties. The Vortigaunt homeworld was vicious, a strict hierarchy. If you do not learn your place, the Nihilanth will simply strip your connection to the Vortessence, death. This being the only true fear of a Kin meant as long as you followed your master, you have nothing else to fear. All was too well for Urr'Lam. Boring senseless labor got to him, before the skies thundered a mighty roar. The Nihilanth sensed this reckoning early. The Combine have arrived. They escape through portals created by the Nihilanth to the Xenian Borderworld so that they may escape. Their arrival is met by the Combine yet again, but then something happened...

An event. A sign, the Black Mesa incident created a resonance cascade, a cataclysmic shift in deimensions that created a bridge between Xen, and Earth. The Nihilanth saw this and immediately dispatched the trained Vortigaunt in small packs to attack key structures, followed by the Xenian Grunts. They did this with hte intent of annexing the planet and taking over to save themselves, a selfish act which was met quickly by Humanities full military force. Urr'Lam was within the midst of this, he was issued to a squad, though he had no combat training from his Elders he was to follow to assist in their building of a new world. His group of 5 Vortigaunts, 1 Elder and the rest younglings including himself, leaped into the portals of which they were scattered by the portal storm. They arrived in a desolate Canals, far from their target. They wandered around, explored. But found nothing but abandoned, old structures left by the Human's when they were gathered up by the World's governments into single self sustaining Cities. The Vortigaunts simply hunted their primary prey, the Headcrabs. They cannot be latched by them, and they in fact farmed them as food, and so they indulged in as much sustenance as possible, until...

A ripple in the Vortessence, hurt the minds of the group. They questioned what had happened before they could hear the cries of their Kin through the Flux Shift, the Nihilanth. Was dead. The Vortigaunts looked to each other, in fear. For the first time. They knew they must learn it now, since death was inevitable, and now not reversible. A few days after the death of their great leader, and enslaver the Nihilanth the Vortigaunts mourned, but they were not expecting the arrival of the Universal Union. They sprayed among the Earth's stratosphere with a million otherworldly and incomprehensible ship designs the world shattered and quaked yet again, but this time. For only seven hours. The Vortigaunts sat, huddled, as they chanted, dreamed and wished for a new life. Before they strewn up by a gigantic Synthetic aircraft, it huddled them together before it went black. Nurr'Lam awoke in a chair. He was binded to it by force and he could see the eyes of a devilish looking Transhuman, the Vortigaunt recognized the face from the descriptions of its Kin through the Flux Shift, of which he could not feel anymore, he was blocked from the Vorteseence. He struggled in his binds but they got tighter and a machine came in front of the Vortigaunt, a tremendous pain was felt as they tested on him, testing his endurance, his abilities, scanning his life form. When they were done he found himself stuck in a Cell. Forced to clean the bloodied walls of his Kin that weren't unto giving up so easily.
RadioActiveCow
RadioActiveCow

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] RadioActive Cow's stupendous Vortigaunt Application Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] RadioActive Cow's stupendous Vortigaunt Application

Post by Judge Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 am

ACCEPTED

Excellent application.
I am glad to see you have extensive knowledge of Vortigaunt lore.

I never caught the gender error within the format, thank you for bringing it up.
I will speak to Sheeplie about it's removal, assuming it is not meant as a trick.
Judge
Judge
Application Manager

Back to top Go down