Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jameston's operator application

4 posters

Go down

Jameston's operator application Empty Jameston's operator application

Post by Jameston Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:18 pm

APPLICATION:

Steam Name: Jameston

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/999899898923322/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25826100

1. How old are you?

2. How long have you been playing on the server?

Two weeks and I am aware that it said a month was required and I had all intentions of applying at the end of this month but, there are not a lot of operators on the server. I often run into the issue that there are none at all and this causes issues when a minge or a troll joins the server and ruins role play for others.

3. Why do you want to be a staff member?

I wish to assist in the growth of this community and the protection of the role play experience of my fellow players on the server. I enjoy helping people and teaching people how to role play and this is a more effective way to do so.

4. What factions are you currently whitelisted for?

Metro Police Force

5. How well known are you on the server?

Somewhat well known, I talk with Judge and Spy often I also play often on the server.

6. Do other players on the server like you?

I get the strong impression that they do but I have never directly came out and asked so I cannot confidently say that they do.

7. Have you ever been banned?

No I have not.

8. Have you ever been kicked?

Nope.

9. Have you ever been warned?

Nope.

10. Why should we choose you as an operator?

I enjoy helping people and solving problems on this server and others. I enjoy your server and am able to give players an enjoyable role play experience. I am able to quickly and effectively solve disputes between players and attempt to make it so both parties walk away happy.

11. Have you helped anyone on the server yet?

Yes, I have helped 6 people who were new to the server and sat with them for around 20 - 30 minutes teaching them to role play and how to effectively use commands such as /me and /it. I also have solved some issues such as name changes when the individual in question did not wish to change their name and I maintained a respective tone to the person, eventually convincing them to change their name.

12. Have you ever helped someone on the server? Give an example if so.

Well, the first time was when an individual who knew the basics of role playing but didn't fully grasp the idea ran past me as an MPF officer. I then sat for the next 15 minutes talking to him about the way to use /me, to be more descriptive, and how to think about his actions/FearRP. I tried to be respectful and friendly as possible while helping him. I seem to have patients haha.

13. Why are you more mature than other players?

Well, I have had many experience as a young kid and as a teenager with more mature players than me. Over the years I have learned a lot about how to act and how to be respectful to my fellow players and community staff. I have ran gaming communities and clans myself. These experiences taught me a lot about responsibility.

14. Are any of your characters important?

My main character is my MPF who I am trying to work on developing more. My secondary character is my citizen Jack Norrington who also needs some more work.

15. Are you active on the server?

Yes, I try to play at least everyday.

16. Will you be able to be active a lot?

Yes, I will try to be active as possible.

17. What do you do in this situation:

Two players are arguing in OOC, one is angry because the other stole his ration before he could get a chance to pick it up. You have no clue where the players are at the moment.

I would first begin by moving to an area separate from the others and then teleport the two individuals in question to me. I would then tell both players to only speak when spoken to. Next, I would ask the play whose ration was stolen to please explain what happened. After, I would then ask the player who stole the ration to explain what happened. If there were any witnesses I would teleport them to explain what happened. Upon reviewing the evidence I would then make my final judgement on how to proceed.

18. What do you do in this situation:

A citizen is mingepunching a civil protection officer, he isn't listening to what they explain to him in LOOC, and he continues.

I would travel to a secluded area and teleport the player to my position. If he attempts to hit me I would freeze him in the air before speaking to him. I would explain to him the rules he has violated. I would then ask for him to acknowledge my statements and wait for him to do so, if he fails to do so I will kick him from the game and ask him to return when he will not minge punch. If he does I will warn him and set him back with the other players. (Of course if he doesn't know how to play I would gladly explain to him)

19. A citizen sneaks up on a unit while they were preoccupied, and hit the unit on the head with some sort of object. The unit is upset because the citizen did not roll. Who is right, and why?

The citizen because the server is not a roll server. The server is a P2L server.

20. A group of citizen attacks an overwatch unit with no weapons whatsoever. The overwatch unit overpowers them and amputates all of them on the spot. The citizens are upset that they didn't have a chance to win, or that the overwatch unit didn't play to loose. Who is in the right and why?

The citizens in my opinion because even with the implants the Overwatch unit has the group of citizens should be able to over power him and if the Overwatch unit didn't play to win then that is another reason he is wrong.

21. A citizen climbs into the City Administrator's mail cute with the help of another citizen. They're both a bit bored, and feel like messing around. What do you do?

I kindly ask them to step out of the mail cute and get serious. If they refuse to do so I remove them from the mail cute with my phys gun and ask them once again to get serious and leave the area.

22. What can you offer to our community?

A strong sense of loyalty and the ability to provide an amazing role play experience for other players on the server.

23. Do you tend to mess around a lot in LOOC chat? This includes but is not limited to the following:
"XD" "LELELELEL" "LOLVOID" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

No, I dislike when others do this too.

24. Do you tend to do crazy things, and then void them right after?

No, I do not find this to be funny.

25. Do you get upset if you do not get your way?

No, I am able to respect the outcome of a situation if it is fair.

26. Will you get angry if you do something wrong, and a higher staff member corrects you?

No, I welcome criticism as it allows to me to become a better staff member and better serve the community.

27. Why do you like the server? Why is it unique to you?

For a while now, I have been searching for a Half-life 2 roleplay server that is able to provide a fun an exciting roleplay experience. This is one of the only servers that was able to do so for me. This server also has some of the nicest staff members I have met in quite a while which is a bonus to me. I hope to stay on this server for quite a long time and hopefully serve the players who join it.
Jameston
Jameston

Back to top Go down

Jameston's operator application Empty Re: Jameston's operator application

Post by Judge Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:31 pm

+Support

I don't like Jameston though.
(Joking)
Judge
Judge
Application Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by TimtheTumbleweed Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:48 pm

+Support

Admined with him on servers, would cyber again

TimtheTumbleweed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:00 am

-support.

Quoting Sheep: "You must have played on the server for at least one month unless told otherwise by a high ranking staff member."
I know that you're aware of that, but it's a rule. There's a LOTS of other regulars that are trying to get OP.

Last edited by Ser.net on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Jameston Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:19 am

I explained my reasons for applying now, didn't I? Honestly if it wasn't for the lack of operators/admits I wouldn't have applied right now.
Jameston
Jameston

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:26 am

Jameston wrote:I explained my reasons for applying now, didn't I? Honestly if it wasn't for the lack of operators/admits I wouldn't have applied right now.
I just edited it 5 seconds ago.
I forgot to add it on there, but all of our operators are very active. If they are not on server and someone is breaking the rules-they will join the server in 2-3 minutes.
Also, I didn't see you RPing on the server a lot. It means that I can't judge you based on your RP and OOC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jameston Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:44 am

Ah alright I understand. I suppose it's the problem that I don't know who the operators are to tell them to get on. Thanks for the constructive criticism.
Jameston
Jameston

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:46 am

Jameston wrote:Ah alright I understand. I suppose it's the problem that I don't know who the operators are to tell them to get on. Thanks for the constructive criticism.
I understand that you want to help the server, but please, follow the rules and get more popular on the server :3
BTW, I added you on Steam if you want to talk to me privately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jameston Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:46 am

Okay thank you sir.
Jameston
Jameston

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixShay Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:21 pm

-Support
Like everyone else said, you may think there are not alot of ops, bla bla, but it's a rule that you need a month or more.

PhoenixShay

http://www.phoenixshay.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jameston Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:53 pm

Well did you take a look at the application itself? Besides the whole one month rule.
Jameston
Jameston

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixShay Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Yes, I did.

PhoenixShay

http://www.phoenixshay.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jameston Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:37 pm

What else was wrong with it?