Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noah's Vortugaunt Application [Just ignore this]

5 posters

Go down

Noah's Vortugaunt Application [Just ignore this] Empty Noah's Vortugaunt Application [Just ignore this]

Post by Noahleahy Fri May 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Steam Name: NoahLeahy

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089682630/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:64708451

1. How long have you been on the server?
I have been on the server for a couple months but I only just recently got a profile because registering wouldn't work for me until I figured out the problem.

2. Do you know how to properly roleplay?
Yes. I have had experience and yes I have played Gmod roleplay for most of my Gmod experiences.

3. Why do you want to play as a Vortigaunt?
I am a Huge fan in the Half Life series and vortigaunts were my favorite creatures from Xen, I like how they act and their appearance. I also want to have a new experience in Vortex HL2RP.

4. Have you read all of the application guidelines?
Yes.

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?
Vortigaunts have ranks that when you get higher up them you are allowed to use more abilities and speak the vortigese language, also vortigaunts are not allowed to use the Vortibeam until master.

6. Do you understand that as an enslaved vortigaunt, if you leave the city your bindings will explode, killing you in the process?
Yes.

7. Do you understand that you are not allowed to use the vortibeam tool unless you are a certain rank? And if you use it before that rank you are subject to ban?
Yes.

8. What rank are you allowed to use the vortibeam tool at?
Master and above.

9. Do you understand that you will not be able to powergame with your powers, and you will not be able to use them at all until you learn them from an elder or teacher?
Yes.

10. Give an example of Vortigaunt passive roleplay using the /me command.
/me Uses his vortessence and shifts it into an orb, after that he rubs the orb of vortessence on the injured mans wounds healing him after that he waits for the man to react on how he feels and if it healed.

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name:Alhaz'reth
Height: 6,2

Character Backstory: Alhaz'reth was born in the Xen homelands a couple years before the incident at black mesa, after the Nihilanth was defeated his family was enslaved by the combine and he fled to earth looking for a "safe haven". When he arrived on earth through a portal he didn't find the safe haven he was looking for. He was enslaved by the combine and transported to City 17, he was a slave for many years until a rebellion uprising was in fruition. He and other BIOTIC units were freed they fled for the slums, the the rebellion uprising ended abruptly after they fled and the combine regained control and there was a very long judgement waiver. Alhaz'reth and his kin lived in the slums for a while until they ran out of food, they searched and searched only to find that all the food had been used up. Most of Alhaz'reth's kin were enslaved by the combine after searching for food in the city limits, Alhaz'reth was starving near to death when a group of resistance members asked him to join them. Alhaz'reth joined them for a while and ended up being in the resistance for a couple years, they eventually died out and Alhaz'reth roamed the slums helping anyone who needed it.

Last edited by Noahleahy on Mon May 26, 2014 9:06 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Editing #10)

Noahleahy

Back to top Go down

Noah's Vortugaunt Application [Just ignore this] Empty Re: Noah's Vortugaunt Application [Just ignore this]

Post by Artyom Fri May 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Just a tip, Vortigaunt is spelt Vortigaunt, not Vortugaunt. I'll just let everyone else give tips now.
Artyom
Artyom

Back to top Go down

Noah's Vortugaunt Application [Just ignore this] Empty Re: Noah's Vortugaunt Application [Just ignore this]

Post by Noahleahy Fri May 23, 2014 8:33 pm

Artyom wrote:Just a tip, Vortigaunt is spelt Vortigaunt, not Vortugaunt. I'll just let everyone else give tips now.
Thanks.

Noahleahy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende Sat May 24, 2014 9:52 am

PENDING Edit #10 - Insufficient RP example.
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Post by Noahleahy Sat May 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Duspende wrote:PENDING Edit #10 - Insufficient RP example.
Added more Rp examples.

Noahleahy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nugget and Skull Sat May 24, 2014 8:51 pm

Adding more didn't help the quality. Flesh them out. Look at already accepted applications to see what is expected.
Nugget and Skull
Nugget and Skull
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Noahleahy Mon May 26, 2014 1:20 pm

Duspende wrote:PENDING Edit #10 - Insufficient RP example.
I'm waiting for you to look at it.

Noahleahy

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden-Spy Tue May 27, 2014 11:43 am

The use of "After that" in the /me makes the roleplay seem like bad storytelling. Try to use something like this: /me Would call upon the vortessence forming it into an orb, then moving it to the injured mans arm slowly healing his wounds.
This way you do not use strange wording.

Golden-Spy
Administration Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende Wed May 28, 2014 11:22 am

Accepted The phrasing isn't that crucial.
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down