Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oktuberfests Project Resolute Re-Application

3 posters

Go down

Oktuberfests Project Resolute Re-Application Empty Oktuberfests Project Resolute Re-Application

Post by <::Toxic Oktuberfest::> Fri May 30, 2014 2:13 am

APPLICATION:

Steam Name: (Note:Username changes often.) [VG][OR]Fishing Oktuberfest

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/OktUberfest/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:31775045

1. How long have you been a part of Vortex Roleplay?
I would have to guess 5 months- give or take a month. I can’t really remember- I just know it has been a long time.

2. What would you generalize to be your total playtime on Vortex?
Maybe, about 800-1000 hours?

3. How long have you been roleplaying in general?
About 8 years. Give or take a year.

4. Do you consider yourself to be efficient at roleplaying?
Affirmative, I do, but that completely depends on the view of others as well.

3. Why do you want to be a part of our Metropolice Force?
I already am apart of it, or will continue to be if this re-application is accepted. As for why I wanted to be in it in the first place? I had a desire for that feeling of discipline and in time- further responsibility and authority. I also at the time wanted to help correct actions of others icly via the methods of the MPF and felt that my involvement would help to further the rp experience on Vortex.

4. Have you read all of the Informative Guidelines?
These are the tips at the top of the application.

Indeed I have, all 19 of them.

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?
You MUST have a specific and good reason to go rogue! If you are killed and/or caught as a rogue Unit it will result in a permanent player kill (PK) and whitelist removal. Also after 04 you may not go rogue.

6. There are a total of ___ informative guidelines.
There are a total of 19 informative guidelines.

7. Did you read and study the Metropolice Force Guide?
Of course!

8. What does 10-4 mean?
It means OK!

9. What does 11-22a mean?
11-22a means Light Contraband.

10. List the weapons you'd be allowed to checkout at the following rank: 03, Second Tier.’
You would be able to check out the following weapons:
Basic USP Match 9mm Pistol
MP7 Tactical Sub-Machine Gun
M67 Advanced Smoke Grenade
C89 Flash Grenade

11. Give an example of a moderate contraband item.
A combat Knife.

12. What is the level of crime for having possession of a moderate contraband item?
What would the punishment be for that level of crime?

Having a moderate contraband item would be a level three crime and the punishment for it would be 2 to 3 cycles in detainment.

13. How does the standard breach and clear protocol work?
Once the highest ranking Unit chooses the team leader they are to call ‘Stack’ which will move the breacher and pointmans 1 and 2 into place (once they are picked). The breacher goes to the left side of the door and pointmans 1 and 2 to its right, pointman 1 closest to the door and 2 behind them. The team leader is to stand away from the wall- several feet from the door. They call the commands. Once all are in the correct position the leader calls ‘Prep’ which lets the breacher and pointmans 1 and 2 ready their weapons and themselves for the breach. After a countdown is initiated by the team leader from 5 down to 1 he then speaks ‘Inject’ which in turn the breacher will either shoot the lock on the door to open it- or kick it in if he does not have a lethal. Once the door is open pointman two would go around the left of pointman one and into the room- clearing the right side of it. Pointman 1 follows in suite, clearing the left side of the room. Once both sides are checked they are to call the all clear then wait for further instructions. Once they give the all-clear it is optional for the team leader to enter the room, the breacher also stays behind during the breach unless a secondary breach is needed.

14. What districts/areas are you allowed to enter at all times?
District 1-5 would be available to go through freely.

15. What districts/areas are you only allowed to enter under certain circumstances? List the circumstances for each area.
District seven/D7/Shell Beach is only to be entered if it is opened for citizens.
The Grizzly Grotto is only to be entered if one is responding to a call.

16. Which districts/areas are you never allowed to enter, period?
D6- District six, otherwise known as the construction zone or area.

17. At what rank are you allowed to leave the nexus?
You are allowed to leave the Nexus at the rank of 05 but a partner is advised.

18. What action do you take in the following situation:
You happen to be in the plaza, and an armed citizen is firing a pulse-rifle everywhere. Citizens are screaming, a few officers are down, and the situation isn't looking good.

Assuming this is in-character I would find cover then go to radio in the situation, “647A in D1! 11-99!” which would be stating there is an armed citizen in the plaza and that backup is needed. If citizens were starting to get hurt by this 647A I would radio this in “Multiple 11-47s,10-99, 11-41 in D1!” the added 10-99 for the downed Units as well. I would also add in “12-345A for 647A if need be. Going to attempt to immobilize 647A!” since if immobilization were to fail (trying to shoot so the armed citizen could not move anymore/shoot, or so hes unarmed) then amputation would have to be the next resort. It would be better to immobilize so he may be questioned on where he acquired the weapon- and why he did it as he could then possibly be considered either a 10-103m (mentally unfit) or a 647E (anti-citizen) which would be by the decisions of the Court division.
Overall radio code for main situation: “647A, 11-49  in D1! 10-99, several officers down! 11-41 to my 10-20 and backup! 12-345A for 647a if need be. Going to attempt to immobilize!”
(Note: It is not explained in the guide if the Plaza is D2 or D1.)
If this is the result of a minge that somehow acquired a weapon then I would standby and try to avoid being shot. I would then @ an op or someone of higher authority (if one is online) about the situation and leave it to them to take care of. If they are not on the server but online I would proceed to tell one in steam chat. If no-one is on the server or online I would take many screenshots, pictures, etc, and gather info on the person shooting then report them on the forums. For the remainder of the time on the server I would probably try to kill them to get the gun away from them but that would be a last resort if they came to the point of ruining most if not all rp situations (which would probably be the case.)

19. Explain the ten step process of properly detaining someone. It's on the guide.
Do not copy and paste.

Upon spotting the uncivil individual moving to their position would be the next step. Upon doing so you are to command them to go to and face the nearest wall. If there is no walls nearby (which should not occur) then making them get onto the ground would be your next best option. If they do not comply with your order then calling in backup to help assist in the now arrest- since it would be detainment with the added noncompliance rather than just a simple beating (only if their original crime was just a level 1) and/or using your stun baton to force them TO comply. Once they are in a position where you can easily tie them, do so (not without oocly asking them if they resist or not. In the event that they do then more force must be used). Once the uncivil individual is tied then you are to tell them to apply (/viewdata <name>or<cid>). Once the information given to you by them is inputted into your datapad you are to scan their data, if all seems well then you are to proceed as normal but if their data shows them to be an anti-citizen then you are to call in for backup. Once proceeding (if they are not an AC) then you are to decide what their punishment is (Note: Usually interrogation/questioning is reserved for COURT Units unless given permission to do so by an HC or unless none are on-duty- however if you are HC aka High Command  then no permission is needed).
If the uncivil individuals punishment is detainment then they are to be brought to a detainment cell and you are to REMAIN there until their detainment is over ((x) number of cycles as each cycle is 5 mins) as not doing so will result in a blackmark. Once their detainment is over you are to order them to face the wall so you may knock them out with your stun baton. With them being unconsciousness you are to move them to a remote area within the cities perimeters and wait for them to wake. Once they do you may untie them and let them go. (Note: It is best to input the report of their crime into their data records either while you are looking at their data after they apply, while they are being detained and/or questioned or after you are done dealing with them all together.)

20. How does division ranking advancement work?
Once an RCT is promoted to an 05 they may pick the division they would like to enter. From there you are promoted from ranks 5 through 1, then after 01 you may choose to be the OfC of that division which only has the possibility of being promoted to the CmD. If not then you continue onto Tier 2 which starts you back at 05. Once you have reached Tier 4 and the option to be ranked higher than 01 you may become the Divisions OfC, then CmD, then if there is none- Divisional, aka DvL. (Note: There may only be one DvL per Division. There also may only be one OfC and CmD of each Tier.)

21. At which rank are you allowed to authorize Judgement Waivers?
At rank 05 of Tier 2 are you allowed to authorize such a thing.

22. Which of the following situations would require a Judgement Waiver? Mark [Yes] or [No] next to each situation.

• A Metropolice Unit or City Administrator is murdered by a rogue unit or anti-citizen: Yes
• An anti-citizen fires a weapon anywhere within the city: Yes
• Unarmed Anti-Citizens are sighted or reported: No
• An uprising, or other form of rebel propaganda takes place: Yes
• A Metropolice Unit is assaulted WITHOUT a firearm: No

23. What rank are you allowed to use a pistol at?
Rank 04 of Tier 1 and up allows you to use a pistol.

24. What happens if you use a pistol before this rank?
You will receive two blackmarks.

25. Do you understand how to use our Advanced Viewdata?
I do.

26. What happens if you go rogue and get caught?
Most likely I will be PKed, my only option to make another MPF and start anew. If this happens a second time my MPF will be PKed and my whitelist removed.

27. Do you understand not to argue with other players?
I fully understand not to argue with other players.

28. What should you do if you find yourself in a disagreement with other players?
We should try to work it out until we come to an agreement or peaceful solution. If we do not then a staff member on the server may need to intervene to determine a solution to it or we should drop the rp altogether thus dropping the problem with it. If they become aggressive in this this venture for a solution then you are to back away and notify a staff member.

29. What are your past experiences in the Metropolice Force?
I have had no past experiences within the MPF on other servers.

30. Why should we accept your application?
My application should be accepted because it was accepted before in the past with slightly lesser quality- also because this could be considered a better version of my last application now that I know much more about the MPF than I did before. It would also be logical to accept my application because (of course there being others better than me) I know that I am a good Unit. If I was not then I would not have been given a chance to keep my position.

31. Why should we accept your application over other player's applications?
You should not accept it over others as everyone deserves a chance at being an MPF Unit, a chance to show how good of an RPer they can be in a position of respect and responsibility.

32. What happens if you do not stay in-character, or try to mess-around and simply void it afterwards?
Your whitelist will be removed promptly. If it gets out of hand even as a civilian then a ban might be in order.

33. Do you tend to complain a lot?
Normally, no, though that is for others to decide as my words alone cannot justify if what I say is complaining or not.

34. Do you have any close friends who play on the server, that could recommend you?
For the amount of time I have been playing on it I have many, but I need no recommendations due to this being a re-app, or more precisely a ‘test’- at least I think so.

35. Can you passively roleplay, using detailed actions?
Indeed I can, usually my passive rp being conversations with others or me icly doing something alone (ex: cleaning laundry.)

36. Do you have a basic knowledge and understanding of Half-Life 2 lore?
Indeed I do.

37. How active are you on the server?
Fairly active. Though for a while there I was not due to me helping another server out and real-life things getting in the way.

38. How well can you follow instructions?
Usually I only need to be told once and I will follow them exactly, but sometimes I must have them repeated to me several times- it depends on how tired I am.

39. Do you plan on being a loyal player?
Of course, unless IRL things decide to prevent me from being one.

- Give an example of your own personal passive roleplaying using the /me command.
Note: Give an example that represents the level of detail you use on average. For example, don't type a paragraph for walking across a floor unless you actually plan to use that amount of detail in game.

(In the past this was how I did maintenance on terminals as an APEX. Apologies if you do not agree with my method, but I did it for the longest time without any negative comments on it. Also- I cannot quite remember what to call the board of keys on the terminal- so ill just call it keyboard.)
/me pulls up her datapad, looking at the small list she had compiled of reportedly malfunctioning terminals
/me checks for the code of the terminal with the faulty keyboard, then looks at the terminal she stands before
/me bends down to look underneath it, eyeing the mixed digits and letters before nodding in affirmation
/me moves her datapad back to her belt, clipping it on before going to lay on her back, moving into the small space underneath the terminal, eyeing the panel beneath it
/me moves a hand to her belt to snap off a Utility knife, pulling up the screwdriver and proceeding to unscrew the four screws in the corners of the panel
/me upon unscrewing it she tucks the screws into a small pouch on her belt then pulls the panel off, setting it next to her
/me she takes a small flashlight off of her belt after re-clipping the Utility knife, clipping it to her helmet and turning it on- going to look inside of the terminal
/me looks around for a while before seeing a few wires loose from their port that hook up to the keyboard, she frowns then goes to unclick a small black cylindrical device from her belt
/me turns a small dial on the device, bringing it up to the port area the wires are barely attached to
/me pressing a button the device sparks slightly before a tiny red laser comes out of it, heating some of the metal around where the wires are coming loose before turning it off
/me pushes the wire into the metal, reaffirming that it’ll stay she lets it sit for a moment before tugging lightly on the wires individually, nodding at them staying nicely
/me she checks the rest of the terminal for anything that looks incorrect before putting the device back onto her belt and turning off then pulling off the small flashlight on her helmet
/me she reclips it onto her belt then pulls herself out from underneath the terminal, going to dust her uniform off. She then bends over the terminal, inputting the code to run diagnostics on the entire thing rather than just the keyboard.
(The rest is just diagnostics being run, it turning out okay, then her putting the panel back into place underneath the terminal.)

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Ethel Marie Wydeman
Height: 5’6
Status (Loyalist, Civil Worker's Union, or Citizen?): Used to be a citizen, now MPF Unit APEX:01-672
Loyalist Points [N/A if None]: N/A

Mother's Full Name: Amelia Grace Wydeman(Deeley)

Father's Full Name: Victor Grunlan Wydeman

Previous locations of residence before city seventeen: City 18; City 12; City 4

Character Backstory:
(Note: Reading all of this is purely optional as I tend to get very in-depth with my characters. It is set up in a google docs link for viewer pleasure- and due to its length. Apologies if any problems arise from it or its contents have some inaccuracies as they may occur due to lack of information. Also apologies for any typos encountered in this application and character backstory)

Link to Backstory: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f_dj-la7lTvC-4B_eRmnnnHDWuGK82-snWUgeQDzj4E/edit?usp=sharing
<::Toxic Oktuberfest::>
<::Toxic Oktuberfest::>
Contributor

http://kayleediekunstlerin.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Oktuberfests Project Resolute Re-Application Empty Re: Oktuberfests Project Resolute Re-Application

Post by Ltsparklez Fri May 30, 2014 2:42 am

I don't know if there is a way I can support this more than a big
+support

In comic sans of corse!
Ltsparklez
Ltsparklez

Back to top Go down

Oktuberfests Project Resolute Re-Application Empty Re: Oktuberfests Project Resolute Re-Application

Post by Duspende Fri May 30, 2014 7:50 am

Accepted
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down