Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] Kenny's MPF Application (Re-Done due to Phase Three)

2 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] Kenny's MPF Application (Re-Done due to Phase Three) Empty [ACCEPTED] Kenny's MPF Application (Re-Done due to Phase Three)

Post by Kenny Tue May 20, 2014 12:01 am

APPLICATION:

Steam Name: [VG] Kenny

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kennylol/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43645903

1. How long have you been a part of Vortex Roleplay?

I've been a part of Vortex Roleplay since the very beginning in January, came on the first day.

2. What would you generalize to be your total playtime on Vortex?

My playtime on Garry's Mod jumped from about 700 hours in beginning of my time, which was when Garry's Mod wasn't exactly my preferred game, to the playtime of 1300 or so. This server is the only game I play and has been for the past four-five months.

3. How long have you been roleplaying in general?

I've been roleplaying for about two years now, first starting on a low population server and then moving to Citadel Gaming, then onto Vortex.

4. Do you consider yourself to be efficient at roleplaying?

In my opinion, yes, I consider myself to be somewhat efficient at roleplaying. In just my personal view of myself, the actions I perform in the server seem to be long and detailed and the sentences I type are grammatically correct to a certain point.

3. Why do you want to be a part of our Metropolice Force?

I am already a part of the Metropolice Force, but I would love to keep my position because the thrill of being a Civil Protection officer just gets to me. I enjoy the heat of gunfights along with passive patrols in the plaza, with the occasional re-education or detainment.

4. Have you read all of the Informative Guidelines?
These are the tips at the top of the application.

Yes, I have read the Informative Guidelines.

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?

I've learned one thing that will stick into my mind in the application guidelines. A direct quote being, "You cannot go rogue above the rank of 04. This means that only RCT's, 05's, and 04's may go rogue.
"

6. There are a total of ___ informative guidelines.

There are a total of twenty informative guidelines.

7. Did you read and study the Metropolice Force Guide?

Yes, I read and studied the Metropolice Force Guide for some time.

8. What does 10-4 mean?

10-4 practically means, "Copy that." or, "Understood."

9. What does 11-22a mean?

11-22 is a code for "Contraband", contraband being things not approved by the UU. The "a" code means light contraband, while the "b" code means heavy contraband,

10. List the weapons you'd be allowed to checkout at the following rank: 03, Second Tier.

The weapons that you may checkout as an 03 in the second tier include: an MP7, a 9MM pistol, and a two types of grenades; the flash and smoke.

11. Give an example of a moderate contraband item.

A radio is a moderate contraband item, along with any type of Resistance gear, like parts of a uniform.

12. What is the level of crime for having possession of a moderate contraband item?
What would the punishment be for that level of crime?

The level of crime is Level Three, and punished with two or three cycles in detainment depending on severity, along with four or six penalty points added to the citizens' record, the number changing depending on the severity, yet again.

13. How does the standard breach and clear protocol work?

Standard breach and clear protocol starts off with the TL (team leader) calling the "Stack!" command. The units designated at Breacher, Pointman One, and Pointman Two take their positions. The Breacher is positioned in the left side of the door and Pointman One is on the right with the second Pointman behind him. The TL calls "Prep!" and the units ready their weapons. "Inject!" is called, the Breacher breaching the door and Pointman One moving into the left side to clear the left side. Pointman Two enters and clears the right side. The TL does not enter, but the Breacher may enter if needed.

14. What districts/areas are you allowed to enter at all times?

Districts 1-5, which is the plaza and the areas around it, (NOT INCLUDING THE GROTTO/SLUMS AREA), is allowed to be entered at all times.

15. What districts/areas are you only allowed to enter under certain circumstances? List the circumstances for each area.

A unit may enter Shell Beach if the Beach is open for citizens, but if it is not, it is not allowed to be entered. The Grotto is also able to be entered if a call from a citizen is given.

16. Which districts/areas are you never allowed to enter, period?

You are never allowed to enter District Six.

17. At what rank are you allowed to leave the nexus?

05+ is the rank you are allowed to leave the Nexus.

18. What action do you take in the following situation:
You happen to be in the plaza, and an armed citizen is firing a pulse-rifle everywhere. Citizens are screaming, a few officers are down, and the situation isn't looking good.

First off, I would start by radioing in the situation/calling for backup and taking cover behind some sort of nearby wall or ledge. I would call to citizens running from the scene, yelling for them to get inside or take cover away from windows/openings. If I was in possession of a sidearm/weapon, I would reach for it and peek out of my cover and observe the situation. If it was clear and the anti-citizen was not aiming in my general direction, I would attempt to fire at him. If the hit was successful, I would move to him while he is injured and attempt to detain him. If he resisted, I would amputate him on the spot or overpower him if I had the strength to do so. If the anti-citizen was aiming near me, I would pop back into my cover and await backup's arrival. When they arrived, I would work with the units to detain/amputate the citizen, depending on the circumstances.

19. Explain the ten step process of properly detaining someone. It's on the guide.
Do not copy and paste.

Detainment Process:

1. First, you would observe the citizen and move to them.
2. I would tell them something along the lines of, "Against the wall!" or, "On the wall, citizen.". If they resist, I would use intimidation or force to get them on the wall. If I do not have the strength to do so, I would call for other units to assist.
3. Once they are on the wall, I would tie them and ask in LOOC or in the /me somehow if they resist.
4. I would ask them to apply. I would fully /me the action of viewing their data.
5. If their record shows them as an "anti-citizen", I would call for additional units if they were not already present. If not, I would continue the detainment.
6. Depending on the crime, I would either re-educate them, detain them, or give them cycles and penalty points.
7. If they are being given cycles/detained, I would knock them unconcious and bring them to a detainment cell. I would await with them for the remainder of their cycles.
8. When it's over, I would tell them from outside of the cell to face the wall of the cell.
9. I would knock them unconcious and pick them up.
10. I would then drag them out of the detainment cell into the city, untie them, and release them.

20. How does division ranking advancement work?

Division ranking advancement works on a 05-01 scale, starting at 05 in the first tier and moving to 04, then to 03, then to 02, then 01. After 01, you would be promoted to the next tier, whichever name it may be. You would start as an 05 again, just in the second tier. It would continue so on and so forth, UNLESS, you want to take an OfC or CmD position. At 01 in any tier, you can be promoted to OfC or CmD. OfC is first, then you become CmD. OfC and CmD command everyone below them in that tier, but the DvL of the division overrides them completely.

21. At which rank are you allowed to authorize Judgement Waivers?

The rank required to authorize Judgement Waivers is a Tier 2+.

22. Which of the following situations would require a Judgement Waiver? Mark [Yes] or [No] next to each situation.

• A Metropolice Unit or City Administrator is murdered by a rogue unit or anti-citizen: [YES]
• An anti-citizen fires a weapon anywhere within the city: [YES]
• Unarmed Anti-Citizens are sighted or reported: [NO]
• An uprising, or other form of rebel propaganda takes place: [YES]
• A Metropolice Unit is assaulted WITHOUT a firearm: [NO]

23. What rank are you allowed to use a pistol at?

You can use a pistol at 04+.

24. What happens if you use a pistol before this rank?

It is stated that if a unit is using a pistol before the rank of 04, they will be given two blackmarks.

25. Do you understand how to use our Advanced Viewdata?

Yes, I understand how to use the Advanced Viewdata plugin.

26. What happens if you go rogue and are caught a second time?

If you are caught a second time, your character is perma-killed, as always, and your whitelist is removed.

27. Do you understand not to argue with other players?

Yes, I understand not to argue with other players.

28. What should you do if you find yourself in a disagreement with other players?

If I am in an argument, I would call /another/ staff member, not myself, to help resolve the situation.

29. What are your past experiences in the Metropolice Force?

My past experience in the Metropolice Force is being an 03 unit on the server Citadel Gaming and a NOVA DvL on this server. More current experience than past.

30. Why should we accept your application?

I believe you should accept my application because my roleplay experience shows that i'm mature enough IC and OOC to do my job right as an MPF unit. An MPF unit is an interesting job to play, it's fun to actually do your job and not go rogue every character you get. In my opinion, going rogue just shows you can't handle being an MPF unit.

31. Why should we accept your application over other player's applications?

My application should be accepted over other players' applications because I have experience in the MPF. Other players may have more experience, but i'm a long-time player of this server. I am mature, strict when needed, and generally decent at roleplay.

32. What happens if you do not stay in-character, or try to mess-around and simply void it afterwards?

My whitelist will be removed without hesitance.

33. Do you tend to complain a lot?

In my past time, I used to complain, but then I realized it was better to hold my tongue and make a formal report, typed in a clear, mature, and understandable way.

34. Do you have any close friends who play on the server, that could recommend you?

I'm practically friends with everyone on the server, I would hope they all would recommend me.

35. Can you passively roleplay, using detailed actions?

Yes, I can.

36. Do you have a basic knowledge and understanding of Half-Life 2 lore?

Yes, I do.

37. How active are you on the server?

I've logged about 600-700 hours on the server, so i'm as active as I can be. I'll be on more in the summer, which is coming up in three days.

38. How well can you follow instructions?

I can follow instructions fairly well, in my opinion.

39. Do you plan on being a loyal player?

No, I don't plan on being a loyal player. I already am a loyal player and I always will be until the day this server goes down.

- Give an example of your own personal passive roleplaying using the /me command.
Note: Give an example that represents the level of detail you use on average. For example, don't type a paragraph for walking across a floor unless you actually plan to use that amount of detail in game.

**C17.MPF.NOVA:DvL-670 brings his hand up quickly to his forehead in a salute, returning the gesture from the unit in front of him.

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Kenny Bulman
Height: 6'4
Status (Loyalist, Civil Worker's Union, or Citizen?): Civil Protection Officer
Loyalist Points [N/A if None]: N/A

Mother's Full Name: Martha Lee Bulman

Father's Full Name: Charles Evan Bulman

Previous locations of residence before city seventeen:

City Fourty-Five, City Seventeen (non industrial district).

Character Backstory:
Kenny Bulman was brought up with Martha and Charles Bulman as an only child for about eight years before his sister, Keliah, was born. He quickly coined the nickname Keli for her and decided to call her that standalone. They grew up eight years apart, Kenny forming a bond with her that positioned him as the "big brother". He felt protective of her. When Kenny was 25 and Keliah was 17, the Combine invaded. Their parents were quickly slaughtered when they tried to protect their children and the two were split. Keliah's tall body hid her age, the Combine barely caring at that time for exact amounts. Kenny was transported to City 45 while Keliah was transported to City 19. They barely saw eachother. Kenny lived his life somewhat normally until he was contacted by Keliah in a letter, noting that she was hungry and starving. Quickly responding, Kenny joined the Civil Protection and sent her supplements and letters. (At this point, things i'm not even sure about happened and Kenny sort of went AWOL, Keliah coming in at this point and her backstory starting.)
Kenny
Kenny
Administration Council

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Kenny's MPF Application (Re-Done due to Phase Three) Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] Kenny's MPF Application (Re-Done due to Phase Three)

Post by Sheeplie Tue May 20, 2014 12:19 am

ACCEPTED
Sheeplie
Sheeplie
Vortex Owner

https://vortexroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down