Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nugget and Skull's MPF Application

4 posters

Go down

Nugget and Skull's MPF Application Empty Nugget and Skull's MPF Application

Post by Nugget and Skull Fri May 23, 2014 5:18 pm

APPLICATION:

Steam Name: [OR – CO] Nugget and Skull
Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/linkfan44q4/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24639834

1. How long have you been a part of Vortex Roleplay?
I have been playing infrequently for a month at this point.
2. What would you generalize to be your total playtime on Vortex?
If we are talking dedicated time, about two day’s length hour wise, but if we are talking general length, then as stated about, for about a month.
3. How long have you been roleplaying in general?
I have been roleplaying for twelve years, two of which were (and are) focused on serious RP over Gmod.
4. Do you consider yourself to be efficient at roleplaying?
That depends on what you mean. If you’re asking if I have an understanding of the server commands meant for roleplay, then yes. It you are asking about proficiency, I am also confident in my abilities.
3. Why do you want to be a part of our Metropolice Force?
Currently, the server is in need of MPF that aren’t just immediately ready to ‘kil the cum beans’ and need at least a few loyal MPF characters to ensure the inevitable revolution is at least exciting with neither side having a clear edge.
4. Have you read all of the Informative Guidelines?
These are the tips at the top of the application.
I have.
5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?
The only item I feel was new to me is how the community handles brainwashing within the MPF and how optional sessions are permitted. Most communities do not allow for it as a benefit so at the very least, it is a partial unique attribute for Vortex’s MPF.

6. There are a total of 19 informative guidelines.
7. Did you read and study the Metropolice Force Guide?
I have.
8. What does 10-4 mean?
It means you agree, or at the very least understand, the information relayed to you. It is comparable to using copy as a response. A literal transcription from the MPF guide is that it means ‘ok’.
9. What does 11-22a mean?
It means that you or another unit has found light contraband.
10. List the weapons you'd be allowed to checkout at the following rank: 03, Second Tier.
I would be permitted the pistol, the sub-machine gun, a smoke grenade, and a flash grenade.
11. Give an example of a moderate contraband item.
A moderate contraband item would be considered a basic weapon, anything useful or used by a resistance (perhaps talking about literal resistance items such as the uniforms or branded armor as anything can be used in a resistance), and a radio, but it is not limited to the examples on the guide.
12. What is the level of crime for having possession of a moderate contraband item?
What would the punishment be for that level of crime?
The citizen would receive two to three cycles in detainment and no doubt a potential beating if their actions merit it. Their record would receive four through six penalty points.
13. How does the standard breach and clear protocol work?
There are four units required for a breach (this can be done with three, though four is optimal): a team leader to call out commands, prep the team, and provide backup if needed ; two pointmen to enter the room after the door has been breached so they may sweep it (P1 and P2 as seen on the guide, though no doubt different designations may be used) in which the first to enter the breach will enter and clear to the right while the second to enter clears to the left ; a breaching unit who does not enter the breach unless needed for a second breach. Of all the units, it will most likely be the breacher who stands in the doorway to prevent onlookers from getting too close as the units do their sweep or arrests while the team leader has either joined the point men or is providing orders from the outside for the point men to follow.
14. What districts/areas are you allowed to enter at all times?
I would be permitted to travel freely through districts 1 – 5.
15. What districts/areas are you only allowed to enter under certain circumstances? List the circumstances for each area.
District 7 and the Grotto are both conditional districts that require certain situations before I would be permitted to enter them as a unit.
16. Which districts/areas are you never allowed to enter, period?
District 6, the construction area.
17. At what rank are you allowed to leave the nexus?
Until I reach 05, I will not be permitted to leave the Nexus.
18. What action do you take in the following situation:
You happen to be in the plaza, and an armed citizen is firing a pulse-rifle everywhere. Citizens are screaming,
a few officers are down, and the situation isn't looking good.
It depends on the actual situation. If it is OOCly being done, then no doubt the player is a minge and in this case, you must gather as much evidence as possible for admins to ban the player (ensure you can gather their SteamID through the console if no admin can get online at the moment so they can be banned at a later date). If the situation persists to the point of potentially harming the community’s image, seek to eliminate the minge and take the weapon to prevent future incidents (this will prove to be difficult if the player is using exploits to get their weapons).

If the situation is IC, it must be handled with care. Ensure you are in a safe place and radio the situation in to Dispatch as clearly the citizen is crazed or highly skilled to be able to use a weapon like the pulse-rifle. Once you have radioed the situation in, try to find an opportunity to move in without being noticed. If you can successfully find cover, either wait for backup or line up a shot to try and take the citizen down. If at all possible, try to take them down non-lethally for interrogation by a Court unit. If you are fired upon, return fire but do not stand still as you need to immediately find cover to prevent dying. If backup is able to assist, ensure you or another unit is able to get his attention so a takedown can be made. If needed, request the activation of an OTA or multiple OTAs, though this should be only if the situation proves nearly impossible to contain. If need be, request a lock down on the sector to prevent the citizen from escaping while you wait for the proper backup before attempting to eliminate the citizen.
19. Explain the ten step process of properly detaining someone. It's on the guide.
Do not copy and paste.
First, you would spot the law breaker and then move to their position. Once you have reached them, order them to face the wall and if they do not comply, call in backup or threaten immediate punishment with your stun baton (you may follow through with the threat if needed). Once/if they comply, tie them. It is imperative to ask if they resist before you actually tie them to prevent powergaming. Once they have been tied, order them to apply. When you check their record, make sure to use a /me. If they are an anti-citizen then radio for backup, but if not then determine the punishment based on the severity of their crime and their record. Before any action is taken, ensure you frisk them for your own safety and the safety of any units that may interact with them during their punishment, making sure to remove anything that could be used as a weapon if found. If they are to be detained, take them to a cell and stay at the cell for their detainment (failing to do so will result in two blackmarks). Once their detainment is finished, have them face the wall and then knock them out using your stunstick (do not say “Suspect, prepare to receive civil judgment” as this is reserved for re-education only and may merit a blackmark ; do not laugh after knocking the citizen out as this reflects poorly on the community and makes you look immature/incapable of being a unit). Once they have been knocked out, take them to a remote area of the city and then wait for them to regain consciousness. Make sure to radio in where you intend to go so backup will know where to look for you if something goes wrong. Once the citizen wakes up, untie them and send them on their way.
20. How does division ranking advancement work?
Once a unit has been promoted from RCT to 05, you are allowed to pick the division you wish to enter. From here, you go from 05 to 01. At this point, you may either become OfC or CmD of that tier or progress to the next tier, starting at 05 all over again. Once you reach the final tier of your division, you may become OfC, CmD, or DvL as there is only one DvL for each division but there is one OfC and CmD for each tier.
21. At which rank are you allowed to authorize Judgement Waivers?
It requires me to be tier two before I can call a judgment waiver.
22. Which of the following situations would require a Judgement Waiver? Mark [Yes] or [No] next to each situation.

• A Metropolice Unit or City Administrator is murdered by a rogue unit or anti-citizen: Yes
• An anti-citizen fires a weapon anywhere within the city: Yes
• Unarmed Anti-Citizens are sighted or reported: No
• An uprising, or other form of rebel propaganda takes place: Yes
• A Metropolice Unit is assaulted WITHOUT a firearm: No
23. What rank are you allowed to use a pistol at?
I will be permitted to use the pistol once I reach 04 and up.
24. What happens if you use a pistol before this rank?
It will result in receiving two blackmarks.
25. Do you understand how to use our Advanced Viewdata?
I do.
26. What happens if you go rogue and get caught?
I will be PK’d and forced to make a new MPF unit. Going rogue a second time and being killed will result in the loss of my MPF whitelist.
27. Do you understand not to argue with other players?
I do.
28. What should you do if you find yourself in a disagreement with other players?
I would not argue with them and either save it for a later date off the server or avoid the argument in its entirety, allowing RP to continue without breaking flow simply because of an OOC issue.
29. What are your past experiences in the Metropolice Force?
On a community known as Sigma 7, I reached 04 in my short time on the community before it shut down ; on a community known as Nucleic, I managed to reach 03 on the same unit they allowed me to carry over from Sigma 7 as well as being awarded a DvL position so that I could train units and provide leadership to its MPF before the community shut down ; on SN1PE’s HL2RP server, I was awarded with SeC as I was expected to help fix the community server, though the donations did not come through and once quality turned around to be on par with a normal serious community, it shut down ; on a community known as Undisclosed Gaming, I have been awarded a CmD position which is considered to be the SeC’s right hand unit and my duties (ICly and OOCly) are to occasionally inspect units, ensure they follow protocol, and hold refresher training sessions ; on a community called Onyx, I have an 04 and a DvL.
30. Why should we accept your application?
I have extensive knowledge of the Half-Life 2 lore, an understanding of human psychology (IE, my citizen isn’t going to be brave in the face of a loaded shotgun, but that doesn’t entirely leave out the fight or flight response), and I try to keep the overall quality of my RP on par with my own expectations as opposed to expecting good RP from others and then just flubbing my own.
31. Why should we accept your application over other player's applications?
This is a difficult question to answer as other players may bring things to the table I cannot, but to put it bluntly, I hope to bring a higher quality roleplay to the MPF as it is currently in dire need of members that follow protocol and don’t just go rogue because that was their plan all along. I understand rogue units happen, but the MPF need to have their loyal members as well.
32. What happens if you do not stay in-character, or try to mess-around and simply void it afterwards?
It is generally frowned upon as it can break the flow of RP. However in a contextual sense, should I mess around or spam LOOC frequently, I will receive a PK and whitelist removal.
33. Do you tend to complain a lot?
I criticize, but I try to make my criticisms useful for those that are on the opposite end. That being said, I avoid criticism on game servers as it is better to be done in private or on forums to better prevent breaking the flow in RP, though if a new RPer is on, I am more than willing to go out of my way to either redirect them to the forums or teach them on the spot to prevent them from breaking the flow.

34. Do you have any close friends who play on the server that could recommend you?
I could ask <::Oktuberfest::> or Dr.Nathan100, more specifically Dr.Nathan100 as he has seen my RP for some time (and I’m the one that got him into HL2RP in the first place).
35. Can you passively roleplay, using detailed actions?
I can.
36. Do you have a basic knowledge and understanding of Half-Life 2 lore?
I consider myself having a more than basic understanding of the Half-Life 2 lore as well as a working understanding of the Combine that isn’t just ‘they’re the bad guys because the game says they are’.
37. How active are you on the server?
I hop on when I’m not busy with schoolwork or advising or administrating other communities. At minimum, I make a single appearance on the server for a short time but I am able to be on it for extended periods of time and somewhat frequently if my schedule is free.
38. How well can you follow instructions?
I can follow instructions as needed.
39. Do you plan on being a loyal player?
I cannot promise only playing on Vortex as I have other duties with other communities. I spend my time across few game servers so that my time is best spent helping communities that need it as well as roleplaying when I feel that I just want to roleplay. For example, on a community known as Undisclosed Gaming, I am currently helping them revamp their community guidelines as well as helping set the standard of RP to prevent their slide back to darkRP quality RP on a serious RP server; on a fledgling community known as Rise of the Sloth, I am providing my administration experience, guides, and generally teaching RP to an inexperienced owner and his staff; on a community known as Onyx I am considered co-owner, head of administration, as well as writing guides, rule sets, and application formats for the community. Of these three, the only server I am considered active on is Onyx. When it comes to loyalty, I cannot promise my absolute time, but I can promise quality when I am available, show up for training sessions as needed, and take part in events when available.
- Give an example of your own personal passive roleplaying using the /me command.
Note: Give an example that represents the level of detail you use on average. For example, don't type a paragraph for walking across a floor unless you actually plan to use that amount of detail in game.
(As a citizen)

/me slumps into his chair, sighing lightly.
/me shifts, turning his attention to the water can in his hand.
Hank Thyme says, “Bottoms up.”
/me pops the tab on his water and takes a swig, setting it on the arm of his chair as he relaxes.

(As an MPF unit)

/me slows his patrol somewhat, keeping his attention focused on a citizen sitting alone.
/me tightens his grip on his stun baton passively, loosening his grip again shortly afterwards.
/me passes the citizen, returning to his normal patrol speed as he removes his radio from its chest mount, pressing the talk button.
/radio Dispatch, add one to count, district 2. District is currently green. Repeating patrol cycle.
/me sets his radio back into his mount, turning on his heel at the end of the street to look back to the citizen.
/me watches him silently, slowly tapping his stun baton against his thigh.
/me nods idly, turning to continue his patrol path.
CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Hank Thyme
Height: 5’10”
Status (Loyalist, Civil Worker's Union, or Citizen?): Civil Worker’s Union member
Loyalist Points [N/A if None]: 5 (due to the reinstall not too long ago, four of these may be lost as I have not requested their return to Hank profile; if that does not work out, the loyalist point count currently sits at 1)

Mother's Full Name: Melissa Curtis Thyme

Father's Full Name: Richard Tyler Thyme

Previous locations of residence before city seventeen: City 45 ; City 12 ; City 9

Character Backstory: Hank Thyme was born in the 1980’s in Dublin, Ireland to Richard and Melissa Thyme. Richard was a carpenter of some note with Melissa being an aspiring doctor. As a young man, Hank spent a majority of his time being taught the tools of the trade by his father and older brother, Joseph Thyme, while his mother sought to interest him in medicine to some degree. A short few months before the Union arrived, Melissa passed on due to an outbreak of disease in the area and she was required to be quarantined for the safety of the community, her dying from complications caused by the disease. This left Richard to take care of both of his sons while trying to balance what money they had. By the time the Union arrived, Hank had a basic understanding of medical care, ranging from the Heimlich maneuver for those who are choking, how to clean wounds (something his father was grateful for when an accident occurred on the job), a slight understanding on how to reset bones if dislocated or broken, and a working understanding of CPR. His interest in medicine extended to biology, but his studies were cut short by the arrival of the Union. Once the occupation had begun, he was separated from his father and brother, left to fend for himself. He felt anguish and fear in this new world, but as the years slowly moved on he felt he had a better chance with the Union than he ever did before they arrived. A nervous loyalist was coming about in him, his mild distrust merited but at the same time he was more welcoming of the Union and found their proclaimed message of evolution through unity to be something to aspire to. Life was not easy for anyone, but as the years continued he found he saw the difficulty as not a challenge, but rather as growing pains. His distrust of the Union began to disappear and soon he felt it was his duty to personify the ideals of the Union while in his daily life. He soon began to turn in law breakers or what he presumed to be contraband to the MPF of the city he was in. Before reaching City 17, he lived in three others for a majority of his life. He was never a member of the CWU until transferring to 17. What some saw as oppression, Hank saw guided evolution; what some saw as propaganda, Hank saw as knowledge; what some saw a decay, Hank saw the creation of a new world, a new future. For him, his past would help gauge his future, but his loyalty was not to himself, but rather the betterment of humanity through the Union.
Nugget and Skull
Nugget and Skull
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Nugget and Skull's MPF Application Empty Re: Nugget and Skull's MPF Application

Post by <::Toxic Oktuberfest::> Fri May 23, 2014 6:34 pm

I fully support this.

+support
<::Toxic Oktuberfest::>
<::Toxic Oktuberfest::>
Contributor

http://kayleediekunstlerin.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferub Fri May 23, 2014 6:41 pm

+Support
Ferub
Ferub

Back to top Go down

Post by Nugget and Skull Sat May 24, 2014 12:12 am

Came to check on this and it turns out anyone that reads anything I write on mobile must hate me.
Nugget and Skull
Nugget and Skull
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende Sat May 24, 2014 9:48 am

Accepted
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content