Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] Nugget and Skull's Vortigaunt Application

2 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] Nugget and Skull's Vortigaunt Application Empty [ACCEPTED] Nugget and Skull's Vortigaunt Application

Post by Nugget and Skull Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:32 pm

APPLICATION:

Steam Name: Nugget and Skull

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/linkfan44q4/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24639834

1. How long have you been on the server?
I have been consistently active for almost a full week, but I joined momentarily a few weeks back.

2. Do you know how to properly roleplay?
I feel my roleplaying is adequate enough for the server and most applications.

3. Why do you want to play as a Vortigaunt?
A Vortigaunt is among the most difficult to roleplay properly as they have a unique history, culture, vernacular, and a wildly different set of circumstances leading up to the modern day. To earn a Vortigaunt would test my ability to roleplay and, regardless if I do well or not, will further my roleplaying ability.

4. Have you read all of the application guidelines?
I have read the guidelines.

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines
Though simple, I have learned the rank system for the Vortigaunts as well as the general rules for acting as an enslaved Vortigaunt (though I feel it may do well to potentially include other unavoidable death examples, such as a unit remotely detonating the restricting devices as opposed to just escaping the city leading to their death).

6. Do you understand that as an enslaved vortigaunt, if you leave the city your bindings will explode, killing you in the process?
I do understand.,

7. Do you understand that you are not allowed to use the vortibeam tool unless you are a certain rank? And if you use it before that rank you are subject to ban?
I understand.

8. What rank are you allowed to use the vortibeam tool at?
I may use it whenever, but to comply with server rules I am not permitted to use it until I reach master and up.

9. Do you understand that you will not be able to powergame with your powers, and you will not be able to use them at all until you learn them from an elder or teacher?
I understand.

10. Give an example of Vortigaunt passive roleplay using the /me command.
/me slowly moves the mop across the vomit, the metal restraints cold against its flesh.
The supervisor MPF unit points to the next pile with his stun baton, saying, "<:: Speed it up. You're falling behind, biotic. ::>"
/me nods sluggishly, dunking the mop into its water bucket to clean it and prepare for the next mess. "We obey the Overseer. We shall clean." He returns to his usual cleaning patterns, ignoring the biting numbness seeping into its arms. "We all obey," it mutters.

(Since a short /me example simply won't do, have another, but instead set in a less passive style)

/me stands in the hall, ushering the running civilians towards the door directly to his right. "We will hold them off! Flee for safety!"
Two units charge into the hallway, one of them dying with a quick death as one of the remaining refugees gunned him down. "<:: Contact! Contact! ::>" The remaining unit radios in, ducking back behind the doorframe.
/me grabs the remaining refugee, pushing him back. "We will hold them! Flee now, the Oppressed! Flee and join the others!"
With a look of apprehension, the refugee gives in quickly, hiding his pained expression. The door shuts and seals, the sound of it sealing running the length of the frame.
/me enters a defensive stance, raising all three of its arms. "We will hold," it says silently. A green energy begins to form around its palms. "We will hold until we fall."
The remaining unit tosses a flashbang grenade into the hall, it detonating quickly. This blinds the Vortigaunt, him uses its beam in a quick retaliation. This kills the unit that remained, but as its vision returned, it was simply too late to react to the OTA with the shotgun.
/me tries to fire a final beam, falling with a heavy thud after the shotgun blasted him in the chest. "We... fall..."

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Kallah'Meruk
Height: 5'9"

Character Backstory:

Kallah'Meruk was not part of the original Vortigaunts that came pouring through the dimensional breach at Black Mesa. Instead, he was brought in shortly after the Union was established. Much like his brothers and sisters, Kallah'Meruk despises their enslavement, but has no optimism about being freed and does not even consider the overthrow of the Union possible. His discontent stews deep in him, but he simply does as he is told. With no hope and no future, he has hunched over his work, doing as he is ordered without question and with a passive mindset to everything he answers. To him, he is a slave and that is all he will ever be.
Nugget and Skull
Nugget and Skull
Contributor

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Nugget and Skull's Vortigaunt Application Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] Nugget and Skull's Vortigaunt Application

Post by Judge Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:32 pm

ACCEPTED

Congratulations, excellent work.
Judge
Judge
Application Manager

Back to top Go down