Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] John Votra's Metropolice Force Application

4 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] John Votra's Metropolice Force Application Empty [ACCEPTED] John Votra's Metropolice Force Application

Post by JohnVotra Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:05 pm

[ACCEPTED] John Votra's Metropolice Force Application Cooltext1499649222

Steam Name: CataclystX

Steam Profile Link: http://www.steamcommunity/id/CataclystX

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72803914

1. How long have you been on the server?
I have come and gone - I can't say EXACTLY how much, but I'd say a good couple day's worth of play time. (Not joined for a couple days, like, 24-48 hours of in-game time.) but I have gotten a new account and have kinda, 'Started Over' so, you know it is what it is.

I've been RP'ing since the beginning of OpenAura as well - so I'm not inexperienced I assure you.

2. Do you know how to properly roleplay?
Yes, of course I do. Otherwise I wouldn't waste your time, or mine time typing out a lengthy application for a position in the Metropolice Force on the server. As I said above, I've been Roleplaying for years. YEARS.

3. Why do you want to join the Metropolice Force?
I would like to join the MPF because I believe - highly - in their agenda. Protect a Civilized Society. I would like nothing more then to serve and protect my City. And my character has been preparing for this for awhile. He works out daily, push ups, sit ups, he goes to an isolated area to jog, and teaches himself basic agility skins, jumping fences, climbing, etc...

He is also very mentally fit, and leaves little but an acceptable amount of room for emotion, it makes him more fast-thinking and realistic about situations.

4. Have you read all of the application guidelines? Yes, I have.
Yes I have! Two times actually, because I'm just THAT good.   lol! 

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?
Well I already understood them. I mean, I already know all about Half Life (2), it's Universe, etc... And I've been playing this for a LONG time.

6. Did you read and study all of the Metropolice Force guides?
Yes, and I am already very knowledgeable about Roleplaying as the MPF.

7. Give an example of something that you learned from a Metropolice Force Guide.
Again, nothing really.  But the infrastructure is different in every server, and this one follows the Canon appropriately, and it surely helps to see how its all setup. I guess a good example would be this:

Stinger
Stinger>Specter>Reaper>Shadow
Stealth Division
I was aware there was a Stealth Division, but not the specifics of it, this looks really nice.

8. What do you do in this situation. You walk into the plaza, and an armed citizen is firing a weapon everywhere. Citizens are screaming, and it isn't looking good. 
Well I'd first report the situation via my radio, then quickly go to the closest piece of cover I can find, and take out my handgun. I would attempt to get a clear shot, and shoot the Citizen in the hand or arm that is pulling the trigger to disarm him, I would kill him only if I HAD too, I would rather see if he had information about maybe where he acquired the weapon, if he is affiliated with any anti-citizen group, etc...

So, to briefly summarize:
1| Radio In.
2| Take Cover, Prepare.
3| Take Shot. First attempting to disarm, if I were to fail, I would attempt to take down the anti-citizen.
4| Detain Anti-Citizen, Report Situation Status. Confiscate Weapon, reassure Citizens.
5| If the Anti-Citizen was killed, I would of course dispose of the body, and repeat the rest of 4's tasks.

9. Explain the ten step process of properly detaining someone. It's on the guide.
I will paraphrase the guide, rather then copy and paste.

1| Spot the Anti-Citizen. Or possibly a Rogue MPF Unit.
2| Quickly and in seriously order the target to face the closest wall. If they do not comply, call for backup.
3| Tie them - if they resist, make them stop. (Ask in LOOC, "Resist?")
4| Order the target to apply - and check his/her/other's information via your datapad.
5| If the Target is an anti-citizen and is considered a threat, then call for backup.
6| Use the MPF Guide, or your knowledge of it, to determine an appropriate punishment.
7| Detain them, if you have too; and remain with them during their detainment cycles.
8| After the detainment cycles for the target, we'll say 'Bob' is over; have him face a wall.
9| Preferably with your stunstick, knockout the citizen.
10| Set the Citizen free within the City, wait for them to 'come around' (gain consciousness) then untie them.

NOTE: Do this within appropriate boundaries. Don't act like an idiot, do what you must, and do it correctly. That's the job.

10. Did you read the Division Ranking Guide? Yes. And I fully comprehend it.

11. Do you understand not to argue with other players? Of course, administrators/OPS and the forums is where you take disagreements to handle them - not to argue further with the opposing individual.

12. What should you do if you find yourself in a disagreement with other players?
Take it, as I said; to an Operator+ - or to the forums if none available. Or Steam Message an Operator+.

13. Past MPF experiences? I have been MPF (Or CCA) On a couple other servers, I've had high-ranking and low-ranking positions, I can be a leader, and a warrior. Or/And Both. I know how to Roleplay properly, and I don't spam, "Haha" or "Citizen" to make myself look bad ass.

I don't ass-pull abilities, and I properly express emotions, and tone of voice. I am not invulnerable to my superiors, peers, or enemies. And I can properly handle situations.

14. Why should we accept your application? I've properly, or I believe I have properly, expressed and correctly answered the questions placed in front of me, I'm highly experienced in Roleplay, especially Half Life 2 Serious Roleplay. I love the Clockwork Framework and whatnot and am familiar with just about everything that has to do with it.

I'm a pretty decent guy, I can bring a lot to the table, and I'm hopeful you will accept my application. 

15. Why should we accept your application over other player's applications?
Because I'm knowledgeable, an experienced Roleplayer, and a loyal player. What more could you want? I'm willing to step forward to new challenges everyday, bring it.

16. Do you tend to complain a lot?
You know what, I'll be honest. I HAVE complained a lot, but I am getting better at it (or that's what I believe to be happening) and it is mostly from frustration for servers that make constant mistakes. Butt-hurt Staff when you try to disagree with their ridiculous statements, fail-RP players getting away with EVERYTHING, and Mass S2K that no one properly conducts, that type of thing.

So I'll go with, I do "passive aggressively" and only for good reason. Mostly.   drunken 

17. Do you have any close friends who play on the server, that could recommend you?
Not Currently, No. And I wouldn't expect ANYONE to do that for me.

18. Can you passive roleplay, in detail? Yes, Of Course. My character constantly is in his apartment writing in a journal, dreaming (while sleeping), exercising, eats his regular meals whilst reading books to become more knowledgeable, and talks to whomever needs to be spoken too.

19. Do you have a basic knowledge and understanding of Half-Life 2 lore? No. I have an advanced knowledge and understand of Half-Life Lore Period. Not just Half-Life 2. I love and breathe this universe.

20. How active are you on the server? As I pointed out earlier, I am on a new account that just started playing on the server - so technically I 'just joined' but my other account was active, then I quit, now I came back after a brief break. And school isn't as time consuming.

21. Do you plan on being a loyal player? Of Course, I need a server to enjoy and settle down at! I already joined the steam group.

[ACCEPTED] John Votra's Metropolice Force Application Cooltext1499650474

Name: John Votra
Height:Status (Loyalist, Civil Worker's Union, or Citizen?): Citizen
Loyalist Points: 0

Mother's Full Name: Holly Votra

Father's Full Name: David Votra

Previous locations of residence before city seventeen: City 8

[ACCEPTED] John Votra's Metropolice Force Application Cooltext1499651221
John Votra was born in 1993. He grew up in Northfield, Pennsylvania. His Dad taught him how to hunt, and survive out in the wilderness. He was an exception student in school, and exceeded in Mathematics and Literature.

He wrote a novel at 14, and sold a couple thousand copies and invested them into a new computer. He began his interest in technology, and kept writing short stories that revolved around his own made-up Universe set in the near-future with immensely powerful technology. His mother passed at 16, due to cancer, and he became angry and rebellious. He stopped his studies, and did one thing: Got Angry. He became an emotional rebel who had no respect for authority, and his father was forced to send him to a military school. 2 years later he was disciplined and back, 'in-line' and returned to his home, only to find his father ill. His father died only 9 days after his return.

Finally, at 18, he briefly joined the military. Then he left the military 3 years after he joined, and lived out his life as an author until the invasion. 

[ACCEPTED] John Votra's Metropolice Force Application Cooltext1499649907

Last edited by Sheeplie on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Revision, my third revision.)
JohnVotra
JohnVotra

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] John Votra's Metropolice Force Application Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] John Votra's Metropolice Force Application

Post by HypocriticalSituation Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:42 pm

I thought it was really good, and thoroughly enjoyed it! Very Happy GG +SUPPORT

HypocriticalSituation

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] John Votra's Metropolice Force Application Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] John Votra's Metropolice Force Application

Post by JohnVotra Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:07 pm

HypocriticalSituation wrote:I thought it was really good, and thoroughly enjoyed it! :DGG +SUPPORT
Thank you!
JohnVotra
JohnVotra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:42 pm

Good application, lot's of good stuff.

Seems to check out ok.

+Support

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeplie Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:55 pm

ACCEPTED

VERY nice, this is quite possibly the BEST application I've ever seen put in.
Sheeplie
Sheeplie
Vortex Owner

https://vortexroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden-Spy Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:28 pm

Unfortunately, after you where accepted for this, you got on the server and awaited training, right after a Judicial waiver was started. The only unit able to train was busy with a player who avoided role-play, causing a rather large delay. There after you began raging and yelling in /rad. Then claiming you missed lunch and something about drugs. The fact of that is, we are not liable for you missing lunch... I am sure that you may have flagged up expecting instant training, but sometimes this is not possible.

Golden-Spy
Administration Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down