Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Website Suggestions

3 posters

Go down

Website Suggestions Empty Website Suggestions

Post by Judge Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 pm

Greetings, I am Judge.
I have come to integrate fully into Vortex Roleplay, if I may, and therefor I just thought I would point some things out that I noticed as I registered.

Keep in mind none of what I am to say it directed at attacking Vortex or its administration, but rather some things I feel would make new members feel more comfortable.

First area I would like to address is the forums color scheme.
Do not get me wrong, I love purple, pink, and black (they are my favorite scheme), but upon entering profile customization I noticed some extremely 'cringey' things.
Selection boxes such as "Day" and "Month" of birthdays in the customization section are plagued with black-on-black. The text within the selection box is all black, blending 100% with the background color. This makes it very annoying to select things due to needing to highlight everything to make a choice. This issue is even present with making a "Topic Title" unless you change it's color.

This point is not so much a point of issue, but one of personal opinion.
I believe that when selecting a "Timezone" or a "Date Format" there are way more options than necessary. I feel that selecting where a comma goes is just clutter while choosing military or regular time is actually useful. Even selecting how the date is displayed is useful, just not the comma selection.
[This is just a nitpick I wanted to point out- this is no way an issue.]

Thirdly, I would like to make an actual sub-forum suggestion.
I would like to suggest the addition of an "Introductions" sub-forum.
I enjoy completely integrating myself into forums, as well as helping flesh them out. I feel an introduction section would be a great place for new members to say hello and receive a warm welcome. Hey, they may even make some friends.

Thank you for reading this giant post.
I am in no way attacking Vortex, but rather just pointing out a few issues I have found, some nitpicks, and a valid suggestion to help expand the forums.
I hope everyone enjoys their day, and I hope to see everyone in-game.

~Edit~
Unsure if intentional, but nobody's signature seems to appear, at least for me.
Just thought I would point this out since a signature can be made but not seen.

~Edit_2~
Just thought that perhaps it would be best to have everyone that has certain Whitelists posted in a thread for organization on the forums.
For example, a thread where all approved Vortigaunts are listed as active, ect.
Just a thought.

~Edit_3~
There is an unfinished thought located within the Metropolice Force Guide;
http://www.vortexroleplay.com/t21-metropolice-force-guide

Under this heading:
<:: WEAPON CHECKOUT ::>

The second paragraph has an incomplete thought.
It is as follows:

"All weapons are to be obtained from the Armory Overseer.
Units found carrying non-ID locked weapons will be given a blackmark.
Recruits spawn with a standard pistol, but they are not to" ~by Sheeplie

Just wanted to point this out.

~Edit_4~
I wanted to bring up the suggestion of a guide for punishments and commendations.
I noticed that the Metropolice guide lacked an overview for how many Anti-Citizen points are given for each crime. I feel a small guide showing how many AC points are given for each offense could be useful. I also feel the guide should give an overview of what actions give Loyalist Points as well as how many they would be worth. Lastly I feel it would be useful to list what rewards a Loyalist obtains at different milestones.

This is my small suggestion.
I would have made the guide myself, but I do not know the official formula, of course.

~Edit_5~
I also would like to suggest some form of limiter to the MPF.
As the MPF stands, your division does not mean much. You see units like a Stinger doing many patrols or an Alpha amputating someone.

I feel the MPF needs divisions to be limited in roles and only be able to do another division's job if none of that division are available.

The MPF also seems to lack much organization.
Maybe a seniority system gets put in place.

Higher (lower) ranked units could be a commanding officer until a higher rank gets on-line, ordering units to do basic patrols so that they are not just standing around doing nothing all the time.

I just bring this up because the MPF seems to have no structure and seems to direly need it.

(MPF standing as 33% of the server also seems like a lot e.e)

Last edited by Judge on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
Judge
Judge
Application Manager

Back to top Go down

Website Suggestions Empty Re: Website Suggestions

Post by <::Toxic Oktuberfest::> Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:54 pm

+support, especially on the guide bit. It is missing some useful information for new MPF players.
<::Toxic Oktuberfest::>
<::Toxic Oktuberfest::>
Contributor

http://kayleediekunstlerin.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:15 pm

+support

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Introductions, nice idea.

+Support

+Added Introductions Sub-Category

There's an option to disable/enable signatures, I think.

I've had a couple friends talk to me about the MPF punishments and how they generally act towards citizens. Like an RPG is a couple cycles, it should be instant amputation. I think we need a community revision of the MPF guide. I might get around to it on the weekend, when I'm free.

And, at your Edit 5, I agree. There needs to be a better system.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wheatly Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:29 am

Over all your edits are very reasonable. The last one however is just you being misinformed. Well, not misinformed more the units are. Again Tier one units (If there is a higher ranking Tier unit) shouldn't be performing amputations at all. But some divisions have exceptions. For example the COURT division and the NOMAD division. These divisions have follow the exceptions that, COURT is the Amputation division and NOMAD is the medical division and Amputation for things like being 10-103m or just Amputation in general fits into that area. Again, you are unable to perform an Amputation without permission from a HC unit or the highest ranking Medical unit. When I can I will get on SHIELD and gather up all the units who have performed amputations as 05s and explain it a bit better.
The_Wheatly
The_Wheatly
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down