Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sly775's Operator App [1/3] Administrative Support. |OLD SITE RELOCATION|

+6
Sly775
Alphabet-Soup
Sir Trolled
Judge
Jameston
Golden-Spy
10 posters

Go down

Sly775's Operator App [1/3] Administrative Support. |OLD SITE RELOCATION| Empty Sly775's Operator App [1/3] Administrative Support. |OLD SITE RELOCATION|

Post by Golden-Spy Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Steam Name: Sly775

Steam Profile Link: www.steamcommunity.com/id/sly775

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40652184

1. How old are you?

2. How long have you been playing on the server?

Nearly half a month.

3. Why do you want to be a staff member?

I really want to help the server. Vortex Roleplay is my favorite HL2RP server! I have not found another server jam packed with all of the cool addons and factions, plus they are all (for the most part) free!

4. What factions are you currently whitelisted for?

MPF
Scanner
CWU
CMU
UU Scientist

5. How well known are you on the server?

I think that I am fairly well known on the server, I tend to stay in contact with alot of the players from the server! Smile

6. Do other players on the server like you?

I believe so, I cannot name anyone that does not like me! Smile

7. Have you ever been banned?

No, very proud to say that I have not been.

8. Have you ever been kicked?

Nope!

9. Have you ever been warned?

No Smile

10. Why should we choose you as an operator?

I am not going to lie, there are probably better people for this position. But I have a large amount of experience with owning and being admin on many different servers. One of the most popular servers I co-owned was TTSGaming. We had established a very fun and safe roleplay environment until the other owner decided to close it, but I was very liked on that server and I still stay in contact with most of the playerbase from it.

11. Have you helped anyone on the server yet?

Yes, I have helped a few people that were new to HL2RP by teaching them some of the lingo and shortcut commands such as /apply

12. Have you ever helped someone on the server? Give an example if so.

See above^

13. Why are you more mature than other players?

I love a good joke as much as anyone else, but mature doesn't mean that someone is always serious. I think the thing that makes someone mature is if they know the right time and place for a joke. Such as at MPF Training, that is a time to be serious and get stuff done; But somewhere like the Grotto is a place that you can share an LOOC joke or two.

14. Are any of your characters important?

To me, But none are very important to the roleplay.

15. Are you active on the server?

I am very active!

16. Will you be able to be active a lot?

I hope to be! Smile

17. What do you do in this situation:

Two players are arguing in OOC, one is angry because the other stole his ration before he could get a chance to pick it up. You have no clue where the players are at the moment.

First I would disable the OOC for the time being to their argument did not affect other players RP, then I would bring both of the players involved to a remote area away from everyone else. I would calmly give them both a chance to explain themselves and depending on the scenerio, would take action against the person that stole the rations.

18. What do you do in this situation:

A citizen is mingepunching a civil protection officer, he isn't listening to what they explain to him in LOOC, and he continues.

First I would warn the player to stop. If they continue then I would kick them; If it still continued then I would issue them a 1 hour ban.

19. A citizen sneaks up on a unit while they were preoccupied, and hit the unit on the head with some sort of object. The unit is upset because the citizen did not roll. Who is right, and why?

Well, the unit is in the right because the citizen did not properly roleplay. Also the unit would be wearing a helmet and the strength required to KO a unit would be way to high for a normal citizen to harm the unit. It might catch him by surprise, but he would be ok.

20. A group of citizen attacks an overwatch unit with no weapons whatsoever. The overwatch unit overpowers them and amputates all of them on the spot. The citizens are upset that they didn't have a chance to win, or that the overwatch unit didn't play to loose. Who is in the right and why?

The unit should be playing with a S2M (Shoot to miss) style, but the unit is still in the right. The unarmed citizens would not have been able to kill that unit alone without any weapons; They would've been easily overpowered by the OTA and would have been either greatly wounded or dead.

21. A citizen climbs into the City Administrator's mail cute with the help of another citizen. They're both a bit bored, and feel like messing around. What do you do?

More than likely, this was not done by proper RP; But if it was, It is for the MPF to handle. If NOT properly rp'ed, I would removed the minge's from the nexus and explain why it was wrong. If it continued I would kick them from the server. Finally if it still continues, I would ban them and explain the reason they are being banned.

22. What can you offer to our community?

I can offer all of my experience from owning a server and helping admin on others. I can also supply my knowledge of Half-Life 2 lore. Smile

23. Do you tend to mess around a lot in LOOC chat? This includes but is not limited to the following:
"XD" "LELELELEL" "LOLVOID" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I like to have a laugh or two in LOOC, but I know when it is the right time for jokes.

24. Do you tend to do crazy things, and then void them right after?

No, I have only had to void typos.

25. Do you get upset if you do not get your way?

No.

26. Will you get angry if you do something wrong, and a higher staff member corrects you?

No, if I have done something wrong then something needs to be changed. I like when people help me because it is a learning experience for me and helps them as well!

27. Why do you like the server? Why is it unique to you?

I love the server because of the community. Many servers have flashy addon's or new content, and that is cool; But content is useless without good roleplayers. A lot of servers credit themselves too much about how they have the "best admins or addon's", but the one thing no matter what is that players are the most needed resource. I have made many new friends on the server, such as Morph! Morph is one of my favorite friends on steam, I met him while he was playing as a Vort on the server and since then, we have had many good memory's since then! I also have shared fun times with many of the other players on Votex! Smile

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Smile

Golden-Spy
Administration Council

Back to top Go down

Sly775's Operator App [1/3] Administrative Support. |OLD SITE RELOCATION| Empty Re: Sly775's Operator App [1/3] Administrative Support. |OLD SITE RELOCATION|

Post by Jameston Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:22 pm

+Support, Seen this guy take control of the rowdy server once and he is very nice. Defiantly needs to be a staff member.
Jameston
Jameston

Back to top Go down

Sly775's Operator App [1/3] Administrative Support. |OLD SITE RELOCATION| Empty Re: Sly775's Operator App [1/3] Administrative Support. |OLD SITE RELOCATION|

Post by Judge Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:34 pm

+Support
Judge
Judge
Application Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Trolled Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 pm

+Support Smile
Sir Trolled
Sir Trolled

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphabet-Soup Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:35 pm

I like this guy; He seems fit for the job.
+Support
Alphabet-Soup
Alphabet-Soup

http://GoneRP.Enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly775 Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Lol thanks guys, sorry sir.net it was bugging me.
Sly775
Sly775

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/sly775

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly775 Sun May 18, 2014 5:36 am

bump
Sly775
Sly775

Back to top Go down

Post by RawrDinosaur77 Sun May 18, 2014 8:00 am

+Support, very nice guy, helpful too.

RawrDinosaur77

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende Sat May 24, 2014 10:18 am

Support Am I supposed to add a count to the name thingy?
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly775 Sat May 24, 2014 11:09 am

Thanks guys! :3
Sly775
Sly775

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly775 Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:31 pm

Buda-bum-bump
Sly775
Sly775

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly775 Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:35 pm

UPDATE: I have been on VG for almost 4 months now.
Sly775
Sly775

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:01 pm

+SUPPORT

You seem to know your stuff, just like on Spodermans. You are fit for this position, in my opinion.
Anon
Anon

Back to top Go down

Post by Noahleahy Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:20 pm

Anon wrote:+SUPPORT

You seem to know your stuff, just like on Spodermans. You are fit for this position, in my opinion.
Look at the application board, new one just for you.

Noahleahy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down