Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr.Nathan's Operator Application. [1/3] Administrative support. |RELOCATED|

Go down

Dr.Nathan's Operator Application. [1/3] Administrative support. |RELOCATED| Empty Dr.Nathan's Operator Application. [1/3] Administrative support. |RELOCATED|

Post by Golden-Spy Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:10 pm

APPLICATION:

Steam Name: Dr.Nathan100

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DrNathan100/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27156862

1. How old are you?

2. How long have you been playing on the server?
Several weeks now.

3. Why do you want to be a staff member?
I think my past experience with managing a server can be helpful. There are also many times when I am online and no admins are.

4. What factions are you currently whitelisted for?
Metropolice Force

5. How well known are you on the server?
I have made several good friends here.

6. Do other players on the server like you?
I do believe so.

7. Have you ever been banned?
No.

8. Have you ever been kicked?
No.

9. Have you ever been warned?
No.

10. Why should we choose you as an operator?
I owned two of my own servers for over a year. One being Half-Life 2 city RP and the other being Outskirts. I believe my experience would make me very helpful to the server, especially when I am on and no admins are.

11. Have you helped anyone on the server yet?
Yes.

12. Have you ever helped someone on the server? Give an example if so.
On my own server I would frequently teach people how to RP, explaining the basics and have them give me examples to show what they have learned. On Vortex, I have continued to help people by explaining different concepts of RP, such as Pain and Fear RP.

13. Why are you more mature than other players?
I have experience dealing with bad players and I avoid messing around in OOC.

14. Are any of your characters important?
I have one of two active STINGER units, but that might not be as important as I think.

15. Are you active on the server?
Yes.

16. Will you be able to be active a lot?
To the best of my ability.

17. What do you do in this situation:

Two players are arguing in OOC, one is angry because the other stole his ration before he could get a chance to pick it up. You have no clue where the players are at the moment.

I would teleport both of the players to an isolated location to start. Then I would separate the two and have them tell me their story one at a time, seeing if there was any power-gaming or if a player is lying.

18. What do you do in this situation:

A citizen is mingepunching a civil protection officer, he isn't listening to what they explain to him in LOOC, and he continues.

I would immediately teleport or pick up the citizen with the Phys. Gun and move him away from players. Then I would try to talk to him via LOOC. If he ignores me and/or continues to punch, then a ban would be given.

19. A citizen sneaks up on a unit while they were preoccupied, and hit the unit on the head with some sort of object. The unit is upset because the citizen did not roll. Who is right, and why?

The citizen would be correct because this is a play to lose situation. The unit could not somehow block the attack should he win the role. That wouldn't make sense.

20. A group of citizen attacks an overwatch unit with no weapons whatsoever. The overwatch unit overpowers them and amputates all of them on the spot. The citizens are upset that they didn't have a chance to win, or that the overwatch unit didn't play to loose. Who is in the right and why?

Neither are entirely correct, but more so the OTA. And OTA is much stronger, more powerful, and carries very heavy weapons. This gives them a large chance to win but it doesn't make them invincible.

21. A citizen climbs into the City Administrator's mail cute with the help of another citizen. They're both a bit bored, and feel like messing around. What do you do?

I would teleport them both out and tell them that what they did was wrong. If they listen, then I would leave them with a warning. If they ignore me or run off to do it again, then a kick or ban would be given, depending on the player's ban history.

22. What can you offer to our community?
I can offer advice, teach others how to roleplay, sort out argumentative situations, and provide players with a safe server to roleplay in.

23. Do you tend to mess around a lot in LOOC chat? This includes but is not limited to the following:
"XD" "LELELELEL" "LOLVOID" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Mess around? No. I do sometimes make side comments in LOOC though.

24. Do you tend to do crazy things, and then void them right after?
No.

25. Do you get upset if you do not get your way?
No.

26. Will you get angry if you do something wrong, and a higher staff member corrects you?
No, I am always open to advice and constructive criticism.

27. Why do you like the server? Why is it unique to you?
I like this server for the friends I have made and how unique it is with it's Half-Life 2 beta content. It exposes me to something I have never seen before and gives me friends to experience it with.

Golden-Spy
Administration Council

Back to top Go down