Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeXposition MPF Whitelist

2 posters

Go down

DeXposition MPF Whitelist Empty DeXposition MPF Whitelist

Post by killer2 Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:01 pm

I hope you like books.

Steam Name: DeXposition

Steam Profile Link: Steamcommunity.com/id/pineapplenectar

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37028051

1. How long have you been a part of Vortex Roleplay?

Roughly 2 weeks

2. What would you generalize to be your total playtime on Vortex?

36 hours worth

3. How long have you been roleplaying in general?

HL2RP for about 2 years, any roleplay (including DnD) since 2010

4. Do you consider yourself to be efficient at roleplaying?

Yes. I type quickly and can think on my feet well

3. Why do you want to be a part of our Metropolice Force?

It adds a whole new section of immersion to my character

4. Have you read all of the Informative Guidelines?
These are the tips at the top of the application.

Read and read over again

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?

Be patient, have a good attitude, and never take matters of unfairness or rule-breaking in your own hands

6. There are a total of 18 informative guidelines.

7. Did you read and study the Metropolice Force Guide?

Multiple times

8. What does 10-4 mean?

OK

9. What does 11-22a mean?

Light Contraband

10. List the weapons you'd be allowed to checkout at the following rank: 03, Second Tier.

USP Match, MP7, and a Smoke Grenade

11. Give an example of a moderate contraband item.

Radio, non-UU approved attire, light weaponry

12. What is the level of crime for having possession of a moderate contraband item?
What would the punishment be for that level of crime?

Level 3 Crime, 2-3 Cycles, 4-6 Penalty Points

13. How does the standard breach and clear protocol work?

Breacher stands to the left of the door, two pointmen stay on the left, a team leader in front of the door. When the breacher gets the inject command, he breaches the door. Pointman 1 then rushes the left side of the room, and pointman 2 takes the right. The breacher stays outside the door unless needed for another breach, while the leader has the option to enter after given the all clear.

14. What districts/areas are you allowed to enter at all times?

Districts 1-6

15. What districts/areas are you only allowed to enter under certain circumstances? List the circumstances for each area.

District 7 and shell beach, only when open to the public, and the Grizzly Grotto when pursuing a noncompliant

16. Which districts/areas are you never allowed to enter, period?

17. At what rank are you allowed to leave the nexus?

18. What action do you take in the following situation:
You happen to be in the plaza, and an armed citizen is firing a pulse-rifle everywhere. Citizens are screaming,
a few officers are down, and the situation isn't looking good.

Take cover, request backup and SKYSHIELD, and occasionally suppress the individual

19. Explain the ten step process of properly detaining someone. It's on the guide.
Do not copy and paste.

1.  Find and obtain the criminal
2. designate them to the closest wall
3. Tie them (ask if they want to resist loocly)
4. Get their CID through applying (/viewdata)
5. If anti-citizen, call for support
6. Decide the punishment an detainment level
7. If the punishment is above re-education, take them to the detainment cell for the duration. stay with them for the detainment period.
8. After the detainment time is up, order them to a wall.
9. Knock them unconscious.
10. Take them outside, within city bounds, in a remote location, and unbind them.

20. How does division ranking advancement work?

Pick sub-rank at 05, at 01 you have the option to either become OfC or move on to the next tier. Last tier forces you to OfC and above.

21. At which rank are you allowed to authorize Judgement Waivers?

Second Tier

22. Which of the following situations would require a Judgement Waiver? Mark [Yes] or [No] next to each situation.

• A Metropolice Unit or City Administrator is murdered by a rogue unit or anti-citizen: [YES]
• An anti-citizen fires a weapon anywhere within the city: [YES]
• Unarmed Anti-Citizens are sighted or reported: [NO]
• An uprising, or other form of rebel propaganda takes place: [YES]
• A Metropolice Unit is assaulted WITHOUT a firearm: [NO]

23. What rank are you allowed to use a pistol at?

04, first tier

24. What happens if you use a pistol before this rank?

blackmark, leading to de-whitelist

25. Do you understand how to use our Advanced Viewdata?

Yes.

26. What happens if you go rogue and get caught?

Amputation and PK of that character

27. Do you understand not to argue with other players?

Yes

28. What should you do if you find yourself in a disagreement with other players?

Sit and wait for an admin, keep the other party from leaving

29. What are your past experiences in the Metropolice Force?

Got up to OfC on another server before a server wipe

30. Why should we accept your application?
Because I fit the criteria for becoming MPF, and most of the time when I am on everyone is a citizen.

31. Why should we accept your application over other player's applications?

That is not my call. If my application is deemed better than others, then so be it. I have no say in that regard.

32. What happens if you do not stay in-character, or try to mess-around and simply void it afterwards?

It’ll eventually lead to de-whitelist

33. Do you tend to complain a lot?

If I have a complaint, I keep it to myself unless it is something rule/game-breaking

34. Do you have any close friends who play on the server, that could recommend you?

No. I joined on my own accord.

35. Can you passively roleplay, using detailed actions?

Yes.

36. Do you have a basic knowledge and understanding of Half-Life 2 lore?

I have played every game in HL canon, multiple times.

37. How active are you on the server?

I play atleast two hours a day on the server.

38. How well can you follow instructions?

If I am not following instructions, there is probably something going on OOCly that needs more attention.

39. Do you plan on being a loyal player?

Yes.

- Give an example of your own personal passive roleplaying using the /me command.
Note: Give an example that represents the level of detail you use on average. For example, don't type a paragraph for walking across a floor unless you actually plan to use that amount of detail in game.

C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 approaches 428, stunstick at hand
C17.MPF.APEX:05.428 glances at 831, waiting for him to talk
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831:: Time to patrol, 428.
C17.MPF.APEX:05.428 nods as he turns around and walks towards the staircase
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 follows 428
some time passes
** A tall, medium build man is seen with a limp man over his shoulder. He seems to walk past the two police nonchalantly.
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 stops dead in his tracks, staring at the man as he walks by
C17.MPF.APEX:05.428 is the first to react, taking out his stunstick
C17.MPF.APEX:05.428:: Hold it!
Calvin Weinmann stops moving, and slowly turns to face the two MPF
Calvin Weinmann: Yes, officers?
C17.MPF.APEX:05.428 approaches, stunstick in hand
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 follows 428
C17.MPF.APEX:05.428:: Citizen.
C17.MPF.APEX:05.428:: Drop the body, right now.
Calvin Weinmann stares at the two officers, confused, as he slowly unslings the body and lays it down on the ground
Calvin Weinmann: Officers, I was taking him towards the CWU medical ward!
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831:: Citizen, get on the wall.
Calvin walks over to the nearest wall, putting his hands up against the brick surface
C17.MPF.APEX:05.428:: 831, you detain him, I’ll bring this citizen to the staff.
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831:: 10-4.
C17.MPF.APEX:05.428 slings the body over his shoulder with a hefty grunt, and walks towards the CWU building.
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 walks up to the citizen, ties in one hand, stunstick in the other
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 begins to tie the citizen //Resist?
Calvin Weinmann suddenly swings his elbow back, attempting to knock the MPF in the head
Calvin Weinmann rolls a 68 out of 100.
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 rolls a 36 out of 100.
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 grunts as his metal faceplate smashes against his head, stumbling back
Calvin turns around quickly and raises his fist.
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 drops his tie as he staggers back, and flicks on his stunstick, automatically to medium, not having enough time to switch up a notch
Calvin shields himself with his forearms, waiting for a strike
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 swings his whole right arm towards the citizen
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 rolls a 27 out of 100.
Calvin Weinmann rolls a 30 out of 100.
Calvin Weinmann throws himself to the wall, arms up against his chest, avoiding the stunstick
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 grunts as he misses, swinging his whole body around with the stunstick
Calvin Weinmann rushes towards the officers torso, arms stretched out, ready to tackle
Calvin Weinmann rolls a 87 out 100.
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 rolls a 52 out of 100.
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 gets tackled to the ground, slamming his head into the concrete
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 fights to keep consciousness
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 rolls a 23 out of 100.
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 starts to black out, slowly reaching for his radio
Calvin Weinmann tries to hold his hand down, away from the radio
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 rolls a 89 out of 100.
Calvin Weinmann rolls a 12 out of 100.
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831 clicks a single button on the top of the radio on his belt, allowing him to chatter a single phrase before completely blacking out:
C17.MPF.APEX:05.831:: 11-99… ::

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Lazlo Sheklys
Height: 6’1”
Status (Loyalist, Civil Worker's Union, or Citizen?): Citizen
Loyalist Points [N/A if None]: N/A

Mother's Full Name: Hannah Shightner

Father's Full Name: Jeffrey Sheklys

Previous locations of residence before city seventeen:

City 12

Character Backstory:
         Lazlo has always been a smart kid. Ever since he started going off the books in his My First Chemistry Kit, he has had a love for science. After his senior year, he decided what he wanted to do. Lazlo packed his bags and headed for Massachusetts to pursue his career in Biomedical Engineering. The acceptance letter from M.I.T only fueled his love for science. With his hard work and patience, the 7 years paid off. Lazlo left M.I.T for the last time with a Ph.D in Biomedical Engineering. On the day he unpacked his bags in his fresh apartment, only a mile away from his birth home, a redirect letter came in the mail. Out of curiosity, a Research and Development lab, with a newly built biology department, decided to look in the area for men and women willing to work with creating prosthetics. Lazlo felt complete. Isn’t this what he had always wanted? In a heartbeat, he wrote back, and got a job a week later. But a week later was too late, as every mainstream television streamed warnings of a portal storm wrenching the landscape. Locate the largest city in your area, and relocate there. Was this Lazlo’s new life? Living in fear of some alien races taking over the world? Lazlo decided it was not. Purposefully living closest to the walls, he captured and tested many kinds of alien life that now scour the Earth. The portals were closed, so the only problem was the spawning season. But one day, the portals reopened. Lazlo, like all of the others on the outskirts, fled towards the center. But it wasn’t a primitive alien race that came out of those portals, it was a race that took down Earth in 7 hours. Lazlo felt a new fear. But not a fear of becoming permanently enslaved by a small alien that can disrupt your nervous system, a fear of being inferior. Even the new ‘vortigaunts’ didn’t have the same intellect of humans. Since the lightning struck the fallen tree, and fire was discovered, man was the leader of the world. Now, Lazlo has two choices. Either fight to become the superior, or accept the fate of the human race, and join the Universal Union in its infinite glory, and become a first class citizen because so. In Lazlo’s eyes, he chose correctly.
killer2
killer2

Back to top Go down

DeXposition MPF Whitelist Empty Re: DeXposition MPF Whitelist

Post by Duspende Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:30 am

What is SKYSHIELD?
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Post by killer2 Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:06 pm

Skyshield is (from what I understand game-wise, looking at what dispatch says and soldiers say) is when overwatch is sent from anywhere other than ground level. Usually this pertains to dropships, but considering there are strings of catwalks, I personally see these as contender for a drop to ground level.
killer2
killer2

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:16 pm

You sure you don't mean AIRWATCH?
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Post by killer2 Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:21 pm

AIRWATCH is more oriented towards things like Hunter-Choppers or Gunships. To elaborate on SKYSHIELD, during Nova Prospect invasion (recently just played through it, I wanted the flushed achievement), SKYSHIELD is requested via radio chatter. Some time later, a dropship is seen dropping off soldiers (This is before the two gunships); there are other instances where chatter implies skyshield and dropships come, even with Striders on them. I took Skyshield a little out of the straightforward context, and used it instead for the catwalks, considering the anti-citizen is in the plaza. If you feel it isn't adequate, then I will change it to seem fit.

EDIT:: After doing some google searching, I found that since release, SKYSHIELD has been confused upon on different websites, including valvetime forums, so I understand if my explanation doesn't seem correct, since the only way to know for sure is a direct communication with Valve dev.
killer2
killer2

Back to top Go down

Post by Duspende Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Well, I think a lot of the things in Half-Life 2 were never really supposed to be elaborated on. Like the Status codes from dispatch (SWORD, DUTY, MIDNIGHT, COAGULATE, CLAMP etc) were really just there for some sort of effect.

But SKYSHIELD seems legit enough. It is probably, as you say, Combine being dropped from the sky.

Accepted
Duspende
Duspende

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down