Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] TheFlamingTaco's Vortiguant Application

Go down

[ACCEPTED] TheFlamingTaco's Vortiguant Application Empty [ACCEPTED] TheFlamingTaco's Vortiguant Application

Post by TheFlamingTaco Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:00 am

APPLICATION:

Steam Name: [Tag May Vary] TheFlamingTaco

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048156585/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43945428

1. How long have you been on the server?
6 Weeks

2. Do you know how to properly roleplay?
Yes

3. Why do you want to play as a Vortigaunt?
I want to play a Vortiguant because they are very intelligent, yet mistreated creatures, and I feel like the world could use their vast knowledge of the universe. The Resistance helps enslaved Vortiguants escape for good reasons, and I want to pay that back to them.

4. Have you read all of the application guidelines?
Yes.

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?
Enslaved Vortiguants work for the Combine.
Enslaved Vortiguants have effective bindings that explode upon leaving city perimeters.
Free Vortiguants know nothing until taught by a teacher+
You gain useful powers as you increase intellect and learn new things.
There are four ranks as Vortiguant (Student, Teacher, Master, Elder)

6. Do you understand that as an enslaved vortigaunt, if you leave the city your bindings will explode, killing you in the process?
Yes, it would be most unpleasant.

7. Do you understand that you are not allowed to use the vortibeam tool unless you are a certain rank? And if you use it before that rank you are subject to ban?
Yes.

8. What rank are you allowed to use the vortibeam tool at?
Master

9. Do you understand that you will not be able to powergame with your powers, and you will not be able to use them at all until you learn them from an elder or teacher?
Yes.

10. Give an example of Vortigaunt passive roleplay using the /me command.
This is a Master level healing RP.
Civ: "Woah.. A Vortiguant.."
** Xaiv'Al Gluk notices the man.
Xaiv'Al Gluk: "This one grants warm welcome! Zurr Ah'Glaa."
Civ: "Wait.. You can heal right? You have some like Vortology or something?"
Xaiv'Al Gluk: "Yessss.. This one is sskilled in the Vortessence.."
Civ: "Do you think you could heal me? I got cut by a knife on my arm, I was attacked."
** The Civ shows him the large gash in his arm.
Xaiv'Al Gluk: "Ahh, this one can handle a wound ssuch as thisss.. Sen. Give this one your arm.."
** Xaiv places a hand on the wound, closing his eyes, chanting in Vortigaunt language, a green light appears on the wound, and moments later, the wound seals itself leaving nothing but clear skin.
Civ: "Holy-- Thank you.."
Xaiv'Al Gluk: "This one iss glad to help.. Famasune, Ah'Glaa."

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Xaiv'Al Gluk
Height: 5'3" [6'3" Standing Straight]

Character Backstory: In Xen as a mere hatchling, Xaiv'Al Gluk was born into a well known family. He was expected to carry out an honorable task for his community, but failed when not being able to learn the Vortessence as well as he should have, and was banished to the wilderness of Xen. He lived on his own, regretting everything he had ever done. He was 15 when he finally learned to use the smallest bit of Vortessence. When the Combine invaded Xen, he was in such a state of shock, that he didn't even hide. He was injured, but survived, and was later enslaved and sent to Earth in City 18. He was shipped to City 45 after the local Resistance failed to take him in. He was then freed by the Resistance and left to the Outlands. His allies later met their fate by two OTAs in Ukraine, and was shipped to the industrial district of City 17, and his story continued with him stepping out of the train.
TheFlamingTaco
TheFlamingTaco

Back to top Go down