Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] Dredigan's MPF Application

4 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] Dredigan's MPF Application Empty [ACCEPTED] Dredigan's MPF Application

Post by Dredigan Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:01 am

Steam Name: Dredigan

Steam Profile Link: Dredigan's Steam Profile Link

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37957141

1. How long have you been on the server?
About two days, yet I can't be certain. I had a character on this server when I joined, indicating I've played here before.

2. Do you know how to properly roleplay?
Yes, I do. Yet, I doubt that's enough to prove that I am a serious and adequate role player; so, here is a /me of my most frequent action- a salute.

/me straightens his back to a perfect ninety degree angle; his left arm lies at it's respective side, column standard position. In unison to his posture being perfected, Denarius's legs come together adjacently. The backs of his heels click, as well, his right arm thrusts forward. Denarius raises his head in almost a sense of pride, slanting his hand in accordance to his forehead. "Sir," he states, in a nonchalant and monotone voice, while holding his salute to the Sectorial Commander.

3. Why do you want to join the Metropolice Force?
I desire to join the Metropolice Force because it's the most interesting role playing experience I've had on any server; I've played on a plethora, so my mind had been made up already, which type of style I prefer. No, I do not prefer to casually passive around the Plaza and eventually up rise or become a die-hard Civil Worker's Union loyalist. Instead, I wish to play on what I love most.

4. Have you read all of the application guidelines?
Yes, I have.

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?
The application guidelines are standard, really. Every application on nearly any server has the same, strict rules. However, one which I will point out, which is rarely done so to an adequate level: Grammar. You need grammar on an application.

6. Did you read and study all of the Metropolice Force guides?
Yes, however, there was only one.

7. Give an example of something that you learned from a Metropolice Force Guide.
I had nothing to learn except the ranking system, as I've played Half Life: Two Role Play for a long while, now. I could write my own guide here. Nonetheless, this is the basic ranking system that I've learned from the guide:

Tier One Of Division(05-01, OfC, CmD), Tier Two Of Division(05-01, OfC, CmD)...Tier Four Of Division(05-01, OfC, CmD, DvL)

8. What do you do in this situation. You walk into the plaza, and an armed citizen is firing a weapon everywhere. Citizens are screaming, and it isn't looking good.
A solution that I would most likely come to, would to be to dive for the nearest cover, whistle radioing in for immediate backup. In unison to this, my sidearm would be un-holstered and set to hot; this situation would go on passively, at first, at attempt to detain the citizen; the next step would to be to attempt to take him down, but not necessarily kill him; perhaps shoot him in the leg or a non-vital spot-the side or chest even, if you can treat his wound-so you can detain him. The third route, the last route, would be to shoot him, in attempt to kill him.

9. Explain the ten step process of properly detaining someone. It's on the guide.
These are again, broad. Detaining could be done, if role played correctly, many ways. Yet, this is the way detailed in the guideline:
-Step one: Spot the criminal, and move to him or her.
-Step two: Tell them to face the wall(If they do not comply, then that would be noncompliance. The guidelines state that you may also call backup.)
-Step three: Attempt to tie the citizen. If they do not react using a /me, ask them over LOOC if they resist.
-Step four: Tell them to apply, and check their information using your datapad.
-Step five: If they're an anti-citizen, call for backup.
-Step six: Decide what punishment they require for their crime.
-Step seven: If required, bring them to a detainment cell.
-Step eight: One their the duration given to them for their offense is over, make them face the wall again.
-Step nine: Knock the citizen unconscious(Note, role play every hit. It's in the guide.)
-Step ten: Bring the citizen to a place within the city's perimeter, and set them free. Wait for them to wake up before you leave, however.

10. Did you read the Division Ranking Guide?
Yes, I detailed it above.
(Above post, copy and paste)
Tier One Of Division(05-01, OfC, CmD), Tier Two Of Division(05-01, OfC, CmD)...Tier Four Of Division(05-01, OfC, CmD, DvL)

11. Do you understand not to argue with other players?
I understand.

12. What should you do if you find yourself in a disagreement with other players?
Take one for the team; however, I deny to do such a thing if the disagreement is ludicrous. In which case, I will still not argue, but either a) Contact an admin, or b) Make a compliant on the forums.

13. Past MPF experiences?
I've had three years of experience and could not possibly recall all the servers I've had a unit on; yet, I'll list some popular, and semi-popular servers.
-Catalyst Gaming
-Revotech
-LostWorldGaming
-Shadow Virus Role Play
-Ev1l
I've been everything you could think of; from variations of medical and combat Apex units, to Vice, Grid, Helix, Nova, Shadow, Zealot, Stat--and the list goes on; I've been a high command unit, Universal Union representative, a low-ranking unit, everything. The servers listed above only scratch the surface of the servers I've had a unit on.

14. Why should we accept your application?
Well... I think I'd make a great addition to the Metropolice Force. And... I'd offer a variation of role play. See, generally, units do a simple one /me salute-/me salutes. I can't stand that. I join role play servers to role play, and well at that. Units like the ones I listed really bother me. So, if I'm accepted, I can guarantee a higher standard.

15. Why should we accept your application over other player's applications?
Because of what I listed above; some of the other applications may be future-one-liners; or just two words per /me. I believe I hold a higher standard than most, and would be a greater addition; though that may be false depending on whom else is applying.

16. Do you tend to complain a lot?
No, but I -do- try to correct some canonical inconsistencies.

17. Do you have any close friends who play on the server, that could recommend you?
Yes. Hypocritical, an MPF unit.

18. Can you passive roleplay, in detail?
Yes, though I doubt that saying yes will be sufficient. I did a /me in an above answer to a similar question.

19. Do you have a basic knowledge and understanding of Half-Life 2 lore?
I do. I'm basically a walking Half-Life Two wikipedia.

20. How active are you on the server?
This had been the only server I've played on for the last two days.

21. Do you plan on being a loyal player?
Yes, I do.

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Denarius Vulcan
Height: Six-one.
Loyalist Points: Zero; yet, I find that loyalist points are unnecessary evaluations for citizens such as myself. Why would I report every good deed I did to a civil authority officer? Just to receive loyalist points? It's a waste of time.

Mother's Full Name: I did not know my real mother. My adopted mother was Jessica Vulcan.

Father's Full Name: I did not know my real father. My adopted mother was Alistair Vulcan.

Previous locations of residence before city seventeen: City eighteen, city forty-five, and city twelve.

Character Backstory:
Denarius Vulcan sprawled to live in 1993, Edinburg, Scotland, as the fourth installment to his family. However, his family fell apart after his birth, leaving the new-born up for adoption. Thus, Denarius was raised to a middle-class family in the same place of his birth, Edinburg, Scotland. For most of his youth, he worked underneath his father at the local docks after school. His father was one of the many people whom fished for a living, and Denarius was right at his heels to do so as well.

In the year 2002, Denarius' father's marriage began to crumble. Debts began to pile, and life seemed to turn upside down. In 2003, being only fifteen, his father and mother began to go through a lengthy divorce which would last until 2004; in this time period, Denarius would simply continue his job and drown out his emotions, remaining completely stoical. Once the divorce ended, his father had complete custody over the boy. Alongside that, his father began to drink and stop working as much as he use to, leaving Denarius to continue to work alone, in attempt to support the two-man family. However, despite everything Denarius would do to support his father and their life style, he was beat. His father was soon hospitalized due to a stroke. Denarius was informed that his father had very slim chances of surviving.

Many a lone nights Denarius spent at the hospital. He couldn't deny his love for his late-abusive father, however furious he may had been for his actions. Days and nights passed; and then so did his father. Denarius stayed stoical, sober, through the ordeal, but was emotionally damaged for some time. He worked without word for several more months until portal storms would begin to appear. Fear swelled inside of his body, but none would show, even if the man wanted it to. He felt almost inhuman.

Late 2006, extra-terrestrials  came from the swirling clouds. They invaded the city, and began to quell any resistance and anyone whom seemed harmful. Denarius retreated into his basement, blocked off the entries, and tuned a T.V to the news. He stayed quiet, without food or drink, for seven full hours until a broadcast of defeat spurred throughout the globe; one figure stood responsible it would seem, Wallace Breen. It made no matter, though. Denarius declined to live his life as some whelp if he could survive the in inevitable onslaught of his race. Once on the surface though, he was warded a surprise. The city was clamped off and survivors huddled into the main sections. Other-worldly beings took dead bodies from the streets, but did no harm to the remaining people.

At the end of 2006, to early 2007, beings in blue uniforms were dropped off at each city. They simply holed off areas, and stopped whatever crime which happened, all the while, they conscripted people into something known as the Metropolice Force. However, there was always the option of joining willingly. Denarius, despite being a stoical individual with a wall built around his mind, decided that it would be in his best interest to see how this plays out and not to join the army of men with alien technology. Midway through 2007, a train track was finally laid down at Edinburg, Scotland. A giant, blue, slick train rolled in, and each citizen was forced to board it. Miles, and miles, and miles went by, until they landed in Russia, or City Eighteen. Each citizen was given a plastic card by a member of the Metropolice Force, or now known as Combine Civil Authority. Each citizen was also given a matching blue City Eighteen jumpsuit.

Years passed until 2016. The general state of the cities decayed, and resistance constantly fought back at the Combine regime. Despite their tyrannical rule and power, Denarius had a great a respect for them. They were, after all, power, and power would always be an ally and a respectable force. They had their own morals and judgement, and was overall, an ideal form of Government.  After never taking the initiative to apply to join the Civil Authority, Denarius finally decided to do so. He threw away the remainders of his supplements, finished his can of water, and approached the nearest station.

Last edited by Dredigan on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dredigan

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Dredigan's MPF Application Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] Dredigan's MPF Application

Post by HypocriticalSituation Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:31 am

This, Design, is a true master piece. I can hardly recall when I have EVER seen an application with the amount of detail you displayed, as well as your skill, even though I sort of knew how good you were xD. But, seriously, the grammar is flawless, your characteristics are definitely a bonus, abd how serious you are make you "the perfect unit." Also, did I mention I was flipping through a dictionary the whole time? Yeah, best application I have ever witnessed.

+SUPPORT

HypocriticalSituation

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Dredigan's MPF Application Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] Dredigan's MPF Application

Post by HypocriticalSituation Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:32 am

Forgive my spelling issues. On my phone <.>.

HypocriticalSituation

Back to top Go down

Post by the $oul keeper Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 pm

a true pro roleplayer. +support
the $oul keeper
the $oul keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeplie Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:59 pm

ACCEPTED

Nice job.
Sheeplie
Sheeplie
Vortex Owner

https://vortexroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down