Vortex Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] Doydel Dog's MPF Application

3 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] Doydel Dog's MPF Application Empty [ACCEPTED] Doydel Dog's MPF Application

Post by Doydel Dog Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:50 pm

APPLICATION:

Steam Name: israel's jewish essence™

Steam Profile Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/GubbishGub/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14689633

1. How long have you been on the server?

- None. I'm hoping to become active, though - Especially with this character.

2. Do you know how to properly roleplay?

- Of course. I've been doing it for around 7 years.

3. Why do you want to join the Metropolice Force?

- I really just want to join because I know it'll be enjoyable. Nothing more, and nothing less.

4. Have you read all of the application guidelines?

- Yes, sir... Or, ma'am.

5. What have you learned from the application guidelines?

- You run a strict ship here - I've learned that you expect a purely professional and respectful presentation from everyone that applies.

6. Did you read and study all of the Metropolice Force guides?

- Yes, I did.

7. Give an example of something that you learned from a Metropolice Force Guide.

- Everything is tip top and extremely organized. Good job, lads!

8. What do you do in this situation. You walk into the plaza, and an armed citizen is firing a weapon everywhere. Citizens are screaming, and it isn't looking good.

- Immediately, I'd call on dispatch for reinforcements, ASAP. Maintaining social stabilization is top priority, as well as my own safety - I'd try my best to find suitable cover and attempt to suppress the 647A, while allowing reinforcements to flank and move in to subdue, should that be the way they choose to operate. If not, they're in a perfect position to get the drop on the suspect while he/she is focused on me, where they can then eliminate the target. With the suspect subdued and reinforcements within the area, panicked civilians will be organized, those who are uncooperative are pacified.

9. Explain the ten step process of properly detaining someone. It's on the guide.

- 1. Spot the criminal, and move to their position.
2. Order them to face the nearest wall. - If they do not comply, you may call in backup and / or use your stunstick.
3. Tie them. - IMPORTANT: Make sure that you ask them via LOOC or /me whether or not they resist.
4. Make them apply, and scan their citizen data using /viewdata. Be sure to /me it.
5. If they are an anti-citizen, call in for backup. If not, continue on to step 6.
6. Decide what kind of punishment is to be received based on the crime. Ex: Re-education, (x) cycles, amputation, etc.
7. If they are to be detained, bring them into a cell and stay with them for the duration of their detainment period.
8. Once their detainment period is over, order them to face a cell wall.
9. Knock the citizen unconscious using your stunstick.
10. Drag their body to a remove area within the city perimeters, and set them free. Wait for them to regain consciousness, and then untie them. Congratulations, you have successfully completed the detainment process.

(I apologize for the copy/pasta, but I'm pretty much asked to tell you what I read on the guide, when it's much more simpler to show you that I looked for you and was able to locate the 10 steps)

10. Did you read the Division Ranking Guide?

- Yes, I did.

11. Do you understand not to argue with other players?

- I completely understand.

12. What should you do if you find yourself in a disagreement with other players?

- If by chance I do end up in a disagreement or argument, I'll do my best to try and end it quickly and without hassle. If things don't go that way, we'll have to contact the administration.

13. Past MPF experiences?

- I've had my fair share of Civil Protection units. Mostly on small communities; however, I had a CP on Lemonpunch.

14. Why should we accept your application?

- I don't know. I believe everyone deserves a chance, but I don't really know what to say to this.

15. Why should we accept your application over other player's applications?

- Like I said, I don't see myself as a superior to anyone looking to join the MPF. Like I said before, everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves - That is what I intend to do, should I be accepted.

16. Do you tend to complain a lot?

- No, I don't. I'm usually very quiet. I'll only give my two cents if common sense or reason is thrown out of the window and replaced with idiocy.

17. Do you have any close friends who play on the server, that could recommend you?

- Not that I know of, no.

18. Can you passive roleplay, in detail?

- I sure can, boss!

19. Do you have a basic knowledge and understanding of Half-Life 2 lore?

- Yes, I have a decent understanding of the HL lore.

20. How active are you on the server?

- I haven't exactly stepped foot into the server, but I intend to use this character as my vessel into the server. I mean, if I get denied, I'll probably play anyways.

21. Do you plan on being a loyal player?

- If I like what I see, then I'll do my best to add on to your player base.

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name:
Oskar Faust
Height: 5'11"
Status (Loyalist, Civil Worker's Union, or Citizen?): Citizen
Loyalist Points: N/A

Mother's Full Name:
Laura Faust

Father's Full Name:
Isaak Faust

Previous locations of residence before city seventeen: City 45, City 18.

Character Backstory:
Born on a rainy day in May, Oskar, German born but raised in Russia, was born into a wealthy and privileged family, his mother a doctor and his father a CEO of a law firm. Given this, a great and prestigious childhood was already set in motion for this newcomer of a large world.

Though, during childhood, what Oskar had been excited to do and see were denied from him. Instead of spending time with friends, or riding the rides at a fair, were replaced with books and lectures, given to him by his father. Weekends of relaxing were replaced with tutors, and anytime he was allowed to watch television, he was given a list of documentaries to watch. Of course, Oskar did not enjoy it in the slightest. He wanted to be involved with the world, and see everything he could. So, with that, after his childhood dragged through to his teens, he had finally graduated.

"What do you want to do?!" his parents kept badgering him. Oskar looked at them and smiled, "I want to get involved with politics, I guess." His parents were thrilled, their own child trying to join the big boys at the table. Soon enough, he was enrolled into Saint Petersburg State University, with pleasure from the dean, seeing as his father had been old friends with him.

From the selection list, Oskar chose Sociology and Political Science on the side. Taking great pleasure in the study of human behavior and the likes, he excelled at it. Though, he was not the height of his class, he was one of the better students, and continued to progress, which is perhaps why he earned his PhD in the long run. Political Science was neat, but it didn't really meet Oskar’s expectations. He did decent enough to pass and earn his degree.

Years of schooling, finally accomplished. He was free to go wherever, with knowledge and experience under his belt, he had earned a position as an Intern for one of Russia's Political Advisors in Moscow. The pay was lacking, but enough to sustain him. But, it was what he wanted. He felt involved, seeing and talking with other authorial figures at organized dinners, fixing up political campaigns. He had given thought in working with Sociologists, studying monkeys, but he had lost interest. Perhaps, he should've taken more interest into politics.

The sounds of fighter jets and T-90 tanks rolling through the streets awoke Oskar from his slumber, along with another female intern which he had managed to seduce the night before. He got up and looked out the window, his eyes widening at the large storm growing in the sky, and mechanical figures dropping through. He instructed the intern to get dressed and get the car ready, while he packed up some clothing and his documents for work. After rushing out of the apartment building with his suitcase, he made his way to the parking garage, which had seen better days indeed. The concrete ceiling had collapsed, and his car, along with the intern was nowhere to be scene. He swore to himself before reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone. No signal, typical. He tossed it on the ground in frustration, before turning his head to the sounds of boots marching in the street. He walked over, waving at the soldiers.

"Get the hell off of the streets, civilian!" one of the soldiers yelled. Oskar responded, "Are we under attack or something?! I mean, what-" Oskar’s sentence was cut out as a large, metallic beast came bursting through the wall of one of the structures across the road. It resembled a crab, almost... Except, crabs don't shoot giant plasma cannons. The creature opened fired on the soldier, completely tearing their bodies apart from the blasts. Oskar yelled out and hit the duck, using the ramp leading down to the garage as some kind of cover. The giant creature made its way out of the building and began moving down the street, chasing the fleeing soldiers. Oskar waited until the vibrations created from the beast ceased. Oskar blinked a couple times before getting up and moving up to the streets, which was covered in bodies of soldiers, who just didn't stand a chance. Oskar then ran the opposite direction, moving to the metro entrance which was just around the block.

Oskar, along with a large group of people waited on the station platform for two days. The explosions and gunfire ceasing on the first day they were down there. "Perhaps they pushed them out of the city!" a young woman said. The third day, the group were retrieved by the alien invaders. They almost looked like crude versions of humanoids, but nobody said anything, nobody insulted the invaders who wiped out every military force within seven hours. Oskar, along with the rest of humanity, were set back into the cities within months, towering metal pillars and walls enclosing them. There was no escape.

A year or so passed, every civilian was given a survey to fill. Their name, age, etc. Everything anyone had done was placed on paper and handed in to the new overlords. Some people who filled those out were collected and never seen, while some of those were taken and given jobs that suited their skills. Oskar was selected as a candidate for political and propaganda spread. He was selected, along with four others. Unfortunately, he had been outmatched by the other candidates, but was given another application, which was for Civil Protection units. Oskar shrugged, and filled it out. If he wasn’t going to be selected as an administrator, he might as well be selected as an officer, enforcing the Union’s beliefs for the benefits.

Doydel Dog

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Doydel Dog's MPF Application Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] Doydel Dog's MPF Application

Post by Judge Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:44 am

I am going to remain [-Support], negative.

Let me start of with some high notes.
Your grammar and spelling are great.
I would also like to point out that your biography is phenomenal.

This is where the downfalls come in.
You start off by stating you have no playtime on the server. This is an issue because for all anyone knows you could disappear tomorrow. The problem with this is that you don't even seem to be willing to play unless this application is accepted; you are waiting for a verdict.  You even went as far to say you will remain loyal if you like what you see. You're applying for an advanced role-play position without even knowing if you like the server. Nobody knows how you even roleplay to get a feel of whether you have good role-play skills either. I am not saying you will leave the next day, I am just making a statement.
The next issue is your "Copy/Paste" from the guide.
While you have the right idea on looking at the guide, the question is teling you to reference it, not copy it. The question wanted you to flesh out the steps in the guide into your own words with even more detail.

Keep in mind I am not bashing your application, but rather being a critic. I feel that all roles that require an application need dedicated and advanced role-players.

I wish you luck nonetheless.
Judge
Judge
Application Manager

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Doydel Dog's MPF Application Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] Doydel Dog's MPF Application

Post by Doydel Dog Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:22 am

I appreciate the criticism, it helps me figure out what you'd like to see from me. Now, your concerns on me just getting up and leaving as soon as the day is over. Even if it doesn't get accepted, I intend to be playing on it before the verdict is given. This is why I asked for a "chance", to prove myself. If you don't like what you see, I'm more than willing to give it up. Also, I was feeling a bit lazy when I wrote this application - If you want, I can go back and get rid of the copy/paste job.

Doydel Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:01 pm

-support.

1. You have to play at least few days.
2. Do not use Copy and Paste.
3. Some of the answers were answered incorrectly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doydel Dog Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Elaborate on the incorrect answers?

Doydel Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeplie Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:09 pm

ACCEPTED

Although you did "copypaste" you did use good grammar, and put effort into your application.
Sheeplie
Sheeplie
Vortex Owner

https://vortexroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down